Live - Allure Simulation Cruise July 27, 2021šŸ›³

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

That's what I got for my Allure cruise in October.Ā  I'm pretty sure that IS the earlies time slot I have not seen anyone report getting any earlier and I checked in early on the first day they opened.Ā  I got no notice either but saw it on FB

Ā 

I think you're right.Ā  I finally checked in with my Role Call thread and the earliest that I saw anyone mention there was also 1:00.Ā  Several people said it was the earliest that they could get.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 9:16 AM, cruise wizard said:

Ā 

Celebrity did an excellent job at Port Everglades for the Edge cruises - maybe Royal should ask their sister brand how to do it. My observation at PE was that passengers ignored their time slot and thought that they could just get in line and go............except Celebrity adhered strictly to the time slot reservations.

Good to hear -- I read on Facebook, I think that it was pure chaos for this week's cruise because of the testing problems for people disembarking who needed tests to fly.Ā  The Testing Vendor seemed to have trouble getting test results back to Royal Caribbean.Ā  Some passengers waiting for results refused to disembark and were taking off in handcuff.Ā  People who had a 1 PM slot didn't get checked in until 4:30 PM.Ā  It was hot and some people fainted and had to be taken out by ambulance.Ā  Captain Kate was outside with people who were waiting, handing out water.Ā Ā 

I can't verify the authenticity of the whole scenario however Don Tervis, who does YouTube VLOGS is doing videos on the situation as he is affected because he needs a negative test to fly back to Canada.Ā Ā 

It looks like Celebrity has a poor testing vendor.Ā Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:55 AM, John&LaLa said:

The issue in PC was they didn't have marked ques. But they did have a que. And shoreside personnel just directed everyone to the same place. Now multiple time slots in same line

Ā 

Easily solved with seperate lines by time slot. They definitely have room for it. The staff in garage were cluelessĀ 

Ā 

As far as open boarding, I don't see that happening for a while, if ever again. Luckily for PC, you can drop bags whenever then walk over to the Cove and hang out for a bit. South FL doesn't have that option

John -- sounds like someone needs to get to RCCL Corporate about the need for separate boarding lines for each boarding slot.Ā  If the shoreside people who were monitoring the situation outside the terminal were clueless, then someone above them needs to give them instructions.Ā  I hope you included this in your survey.Ā  The strictly monitored lines would cut down on a chaos and help with social distancing even though the waiting passengers are outside.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 12:17 PM, John&LaLa said:

Ā 

It's a challenge to arrive exactly on time, so there needs to be lines associated with your slot. We had 12:30, arrived around 12:10.

Ā 

Folks with 1:00 were allready there, and some 1:30 arrived while we waited. And then 12:30 folks arrived about same time, so they all got mixed in. Not the fault of passengers, blame fully on Royal and there shore staff

Agree as per my earlier post

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 2:41 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Ā 

When we arrived we were asked what our boarding time was and directed to a line. Others with a later time were directed to a line next to us. Maybe they started that right after you went thru? The lady with the barking dog was at the entrance when we arrived and they didnā€™t let her in until almost the time we were about to go in.

Was this for Port Canaveral or Port Everglades?

18 hours ago, twangster said:

Ā 

Guess IĀ better find a different place to stash my photos.Ā  Still working on them.Ā  I'll create a photo dump thread when I'm farther along.Ā Ā Ā 

Ā 

thanks for starting a new thread-- you pictures are beautiful and your camera advice is very helpful but lots of us are posting on this thread to get a feel for what we will be experiencing when we cruise (especially on Allure out of Port Canaveral) and there's a lot of anxiety about the new protocols etc.Ā  Adding in the new testing requirement really puts me in a super-information gathering mode.Ā Ā šŸ˜

18 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

Good to hear -- I read on Facebook, I think that it was pure chaos for this week's cruise because of the testing problems for people disembarking who needed tests to fly.Ā  The Testing Vendor seemed to have trouble getting test results back to Royal Caribbean.Ā  Some passengers waiting for results refused to disembark and were taking off in handcuff.Ā  People who had a 1 PM slot didn't get checked in until 4:30 PM.Ā  It was hot and some people fainted and had to be taken out by ambulance.Ā  Captain Kate was outside with people who were waiting, handing out water.Ā Ā 

I can't verify the authenticity of the whole scenario however Don Tervis, who does YouTube VLOGS is doing videos on the situation as he is affected because he needs a negative test to fly back to Canada.Ā Ā 

It looks like Celebrity has a poor testing vendor.Ā Ā 

Ā 

That sounds like a mess...............so glad that this didn't occur when we were doing our B2B2B on the Edge. All B2B passengers hadĀ to be tested before debarking before each segment - it was the antigen test and was performed on the last day of the cruise and at no cost. They had about 8 - 10 nurses doing the tests and only took about 10 minutes by appointment.

Ā 

I can believe that Captain Kate was helping - she is exceptional and a BIG asset for Celebrity. She sincerely cares about her passengers welfare, is always visible for questions and bids farewell to all the guests on their way to baggage claim and does tons of selfies.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2021 at 2:16 PM, dswallow said:

Ā 

Battery pack came yesterday, and while it's very powerful, it's just to bulky to carry around.

Ā 

Dropped off my phone this morning and got a new battery installed for $69.99. I thought that was very inexpensive

Ā 

Good as new, so far. Samsung OEM

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, Ocean Boy said:

That seems a bit lame. It would be nice to just chill out on the balcony and listen to announcements rather than pay attention to the TV.

It was since we were having breakfast in the MDR and didnā€™t hear any announcements.Ā 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 12:49 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Was this for Port Canaveral or Port Everglades?

Port Canaveral for this test cruise. My time was after Johnā€™s so Iā€™m thinking someone figured out there was a problem and created another line. IĀ did see a couple of people directed to a bench that was there. I was thinking their time was even later than ours and the one after us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Port Canaveral for this test cruise. My time was after Johnā€™s so Iā€™m thinking someone figured out there was a problem and created another line. IĀ did see a couple of people directed to a bench that was there. I was thinking their time was even later than ours and the one after us.

This sounds like an example of RCI using the test cruise to improve their protocols and procedures, hopefully.Ā Ā 

Edited by SherriZ366
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, dbancroft said:

I do not remember if anything was said before but my wife and I like Laura's haircut.

Ā 

Thanks, I'll let her know. FWIW, she misses her long hair and is growing it back out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I forgot to ask, were there any costs to you besides gratuities? Ā Also, can I request my obc from my credit card be put on the simulation cruise?

thanks

Ā 

Bill was $147, internet was around $45 for two devices, gratuities around $56, rest wasĀ alcohol (at half price)

Ā 

No idea on OBC, we really didnā€™t have enough time to process it.

Edited by John&LaLa