Vista now Orange?

EmmasNana

12 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I was just at a 1,000 person convention where there were at least 3 breakthrough cases, all vaccinated and all symptomatic; pandemic  is changing under all our feet again.

Yes it is changing its now an Endemic not a Pandemic. 3 out of 1000 is not a Pandemic.  We just had 82 people out of 592,000 get it at the Calgary Stampede and folks are screaming we need more restrictions not less.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

This is very bad policy on Carnival’s part, and unacceptable to me as a customer with 3 upcoming cruises.   Carnival needs to be upfront on the number of cases they are experiencing so their customers can decide to cruise with them or not, with eyes wide open. The other passengers on your cruise deserved to know there was a possible exposure.  And Carnival should have policies in place to deal with their positive cases (which employees are aware of), and at least provide basic assistance to those who are positive.  

I am sorry you have had to go through this.  I hope Carnival re-assesses their COVID positive passenger policies; unfortunately with DELTA we will see more of them, not less. I was just at a 1,000 person convention where there were at least 3 breakthrough cases, all vaccinated and all symptomatic; pandemic  is changing under all our feet again.

I can not agree with you more!!!!!  We are both completely asytomatic and would never have guessed in a million years we were positive.  Their handling was very bad.  By the way, our kids are always masked up indoors and we play by all the rules...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Yes it is changing its now an Endemic not a Pandemic. 3 out of 1000 is not a Pandemic.  We just had 82 people out of 592,000 get it at the Calgary Stampede and folks are screaming we need more restrictions not less.   

Of course it was and is pandemic. Covid is still worldwide and not localized.

1 hour ago, sailingships said:

I dont understand what you mean here. The passengers can travel to the port while they are waiting for the results. Carnival doesnt require a paper document. The instructions about the 72 hour PCR test on their protocol page states it can be electronic. on  your phone.  Even if the results dont show up till the morning of your cruise your still good, Just show them your NEGATIVE on your phone.

Thanks for your response,  I am just thinking christmas eve and christmas day there wont be any PCR test run or just a few.  

3 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

I can not agree with you more!!!!!  We are both completely asytomatic and would never have guessed in a million years we were positive.  Their handling was very bad.  By the way, our kids are always masked up indoors and we play by all the rules...

I am very sympathetic to your predicament. I came back from my convention with a fever over 100, headaches, exhaustion. I spent considerable time with another convention goer who is now symptomatic for COVID and positive; my test came back negative, but my doctor wants me to test in 3 days again if my symptoms persist. Both of us are vaccinated (like you).  I am isolating at home just in case (at least until I get that second negative).

I hope you and your son test negative as soon as possible. 

I am upset with the CDC and all the powers that be because I (and my positive friend) believed we were safe because we were vaccinated, and did not wear masks at the convention. I am sure the cruise lines, including Carnival, feel the same way; things are changing so fast.  That said, you and your son are asymptomatic and my friend and I have what is no worse that a bad flu...it’s such a confusing time!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

What do you feel they could have done better? I'm sure they have someone following these boards. Sounds like they need the feedback. 

• Like 1

Im still trying to find out information on this requirement for all kids under 12 to be tested before debarkation.  Why only kids and not all unvaccinated passengers? Its strange there is no mention of this by any other passenger with kids or any mention of this requirement on Carnivals Health Protocols page or even of it being a requirement by the CSO. I would think that to be a substantial piece of missing information that people should know before cruising with kids under 12.  I know they do testing during the cruise if you report feeling sick but why would they do testing the day your getting off the ship?  Seems to me they would just let everyone leave especially if they are not showing any symptoms.  Has anyone else heard of this requirement or experienced it yet?

Im still trying to find out information on this requirement for all kids under 12 to be tested before debarkation.  Why only kids and not all unvaccinated passengers? Its strange there is no mention of this by any other passenger with kids or any mention of this requirement on Carnivals Health Protocols page or even of it being a requirement by the CSO. I would think that to be a substantial piece of missing information that people should know before cruising with kids under 12.  I know they do testing during the cruise if you report feeling sick but why would they do testing the day your getting off the ship?  Seems to me they would just let everyone leave especially if they are not showing any symptoms.  Has anyone else heard of this requirement or experienced it yet?

I had someone on rcl tell me they heard only kids under 12 are getting the exceptions. There maybe a few others, but the exceptions we hear of are under 12. The rule is probably for all unvaccinated but rumor has it carnival is picking those under 12 to allow.

It's not just kids, it's all unvaccinated guests who must be tested before disembarking. It's all clearly spelled out in their Protocols document displayed prominently on the top of their website: 

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

Relevant portion here: 

Unvaccinated guests granted an exemption must abide by certain requirements and protocols, which include:

Testing
  • Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date, taking an antigen test at embarkation, and testing again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. We must also now provide testing information and reporting to the destinations we visit. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements.
  • In the event unvaccinated guests are in close contact with or exposed to any guest or crew members that test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, you will be required to undergo additional testing and may be required to quarantine in your stateroom until our medical team determines it is safe for you to resume your cruise activities.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I am upset with the CDC and all the powers that be because I (and my positive friend) believed we were safe because we were vaccinated, and did not wear masks at the convention.

Even with the CDC and all the powers that be telling everyone almost daily that being vaccinated was not 100% effective against re catching it and that it was recommended to wear masks while indoors if you couldn't maintain social distancing? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I had someone on rcl tell me they heard only kids under 12 are getting the exceptions. There maybe a few others, but the exceptions we hear of are under 12. The rule is probably for all unvaccinated but rumor has it carnival is picking those under 12 to allow.

Im not talking about exemptions.  

5 minutes ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

It's not just kids, it's all unvaccinated guests who must be tested before disembarking. It's all clearly spelled out in their Protocols document displayed prominently on the top of their website: 

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_072821

Relevant portion here: 

Unvaccinated guests granted an exemption must abide by certain requirements and protocols, which include:

Testing
  • Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date, taking an antigen test at embarkation, and testing again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. We must also now provide testing information and reporting to the destinations we visit. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements.
  • In the event unvaccinated guests are in close contact with or exposed to any guest or crew members that test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, you will be required to undergo additional testing and may be required to quarantine in your stateroom until our medical team determines it is safe for you to resume your cruise activities.

Ok what part of that says all unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 will be tested PRIOR to debarkation?

40 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If the threshold of cases is reached, cruise lines (not just Carnival) are required to report the numbers to the CDC. I would think the number will be available to the public like the noro numbers are.

I believe that the cruise lines are required to report each and every case of positive results of covid to CDC. That's how the CDC determines how to issue their 4 classifications of color coding. The color coding for all cruise ships is detailed in this link:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Im not talking about exemptions.  

On carnival it's only the exemptions that are unvaccinated. Her unvaccinated children who were on as exemptions for the 5% were tested because they are unvaccinated and one child tested positive, so both parents were tested.

If they hadnt been exemptions by carnival they wouldn't have been onboard as unvaccinated pax.

What kind of exemptions do you mean?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Ok what part of that says all unvaccinated guests under the age of 12 will be tested PRIOR to debarkation?

Testing
  • Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date, taking an antigen test at embarkation, and testing again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. 

11 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

It says all exemptions, while be tested 24 hours before debarkation.

It doesnt say under 12, that just seems to be who carnival is mostly giving exemptions to. I had to reread it, but it says all who got exemptions will be tested before debarkation.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

On carnival it's only the exemptions that are unvaccinated. Her unvaccinated children who were on as exemptions for the 5% were tested because they are unvaccinated and one child tested positive, so both parents were tested.

If they hadnt been exemptions by carnival they wouldn't have been onboard as unvaccinated pax.

What kind of exemptions do you mean?

Your not following.  I asked her if her son was sick and if thats why he was tested on the last day. The comment was they were testing all children under the age of 12 on the day of debarkation.  This has nothing to do with the testing requirements for unvaccinated passengers that are listed on Carnivals website. that were posted above.  There is NO requirement listed for this to happen.  The requirement is within 24 hours of debarkation.  That means AFTER you have left the ship.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kdr69 said:

Your not following.  I asked her if her son was sick and if thats why he was tested on the last day. The comment was they were testing all children under the age of 12 on the day of debarkation.  This has nothing to do with the testing requirements for unvaccinated passengers that are listed on Carnivals website. that were posted above.  There is NO requirement listed for this to happen.  The requirement is within 24 hours of debarkation.  That means AFTER you have left the ship.

Not correct. They were testing the unvaxed ON THE SHIP the day before debarkation on our Horizon cruise. Including kids.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Testing
  • Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date, taking an antigen test at embarkation, and testing again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. 

Ok im really trying hard not to scream here.  Please highlight the exact sentence it says ALL UNVACCINATED PASSENGERS UNDER THE AGE OF 12 MUST BE TESTED PRIOR TO DEBARKATION!!!!!

Cause if your pointing to the TESTING AGAIN WITHIN 24 HOURS OF DEBARKATION that means AFTER YOU HAVE LEFT THE SHIP!!! Most people are home within 24 hours of leaving the ship.

Ok not worth arguing. It means they will test all who had exemptions within 24 hours of debarkation. Carnival means it as within 24 hours before you debark ... you read it as after. I guess it could be either, but carnival tests all exemptions, 24 hours before they can debark. 

Good night. Idk how better to explain it

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Not correct. They were testing the unvaxed ON THE SHIP the day before debarkation on our Horizon cruise. Including kids.

Great thats all i wanted was confirmation it was happening.  Its still NOT a requirement as stated on their Health Protocol page or as part of the CSO that i can see.

Just now, kdr69 said:

Great thats all i wanted was confirmation it was happening.  Its still NOT a requirement as stated on their Health Protocol page or as part of the CSO that i can see.

I think it's a question of semantics, ..what "within 24 hours" means. Could be 24 before to 24 after. Carnival means it as before. Semantics. That's all. Carnival thinks they do state it. Just doesnt meet your standards.. luckily hopefully you dont  need to be tested. 

• Like 2

This really sucks that it happened to you guys. I really do feel for you. I imagine it is even a harder pill to swallow being your a symptomatic.  

On the other hand this is going to be the case on every cruise in the future.  People are going to test positive. People are going to get the virus.  If you can't accept that then you probably don't need to be cruising.  The cruise line needs to report it? Why so the media can run with it? They are grasping at staws now to stay alive.  The last thing they need is the media running with some positive cases. It's petty messed up that they didn't follow up to make sure you were taking care of.  As far as handling things on the boat I think they are doing just fine.  If it wasn't for cruise critic you wouldn't know of any positive cases. 

• Like 2

I apologize, I believe the majority of exemptions on the cruise were under 12's, but there may have been some adults as well.  Yes, testing was done before debarkation @ 12:00 noon pm the last sea daty.  This was clearly stated on the exemption request that we completed for each of our children.  We were called on the loudspeaker around 12:30 pm and spent at least 4 hours on the health center and then my son and I were moved to quarantine cabin 2250 and my hunsband/ daughter where allowed back to their room.  Carnival had to lock off all the hallways so no guests or employees would see us.  However on our travel down to the quarantine cabin we did encounter some crew who where told angerily to get our of the area.  I contacted the medical center yo inquire about contact tracing and announcing to guests sbout our positive cases.  They said they did do contact tracing, but bc we left the medical center after 4:00 pm the day before the cruise ended....they did not have mich time imho.  They told me they did not tell other gursts to protect my privacy, yeah right, not!  They did not want any guests or employees to know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, deweytrader said:

They said they did do contact tracing, but bc we left the medical center after 4:00 pm the day before the cruise ended....they did not have mich time imho.  They told me they did not tell other gursts to protect my privacy, yeah right, not!  They did not want any guests or employees to know!

This sounds like HIPAA compliant contact tracing. The person who tests positive reports who they were around, or electronic capabilities are utilized to determine close contacts, and then those people are tested. To maintain privacy, the close contacts are never told who it is they were exposed to.

It sounds like this is what Carnival is doing. 

Even though I am traveling solo and vaccinated I never though about the fact I could be tested as part of contact tracing. I'll probably buy the medical travel insurance just to be on the safe side. 

• Like 3