Meclizine

Set to go

42 minutes ago, Set to go said:

We have cruised Disney and Royal and both gave complimentary meclizine out.  Does anyone know if Princess does this?  I can bring Bonnie, but it would be nice not to have to.

Diane

Is that because Disney and Royal ships do not have functioning stabilizers?

• Haha 3

Princess will not provide any "free" seasickness medicine.  You can try ginger ale and/or green apples to settle your stomach a bit.  Otherwise Bonine works great and takes up virtually no room in your, pocket, or luggage.  It may also be available for purchase on the ship but I'd rather bring my own so as not to chance the ship not having any available.

13 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Not sure why it's a big deal to bring your own?

Don't need to order it

All pharmacies carry Meclazinecwhich is just the generic for Bonine or Dramamine II

We can't get meclazine in Canada. We do have other options but most of them cause drowziness. 

3 hours ago, bbangel74 said:

We can't get meclazine in Canada. We do have other options but most of them cause drowziness. 

If you arrive at a US port ahead of time meclizine hcl tablets are widely available in pharmacies and supermarkets. They are offered with generic labels or as Bonine or Dramaine II, non drowsy. They are inexpensive. 

Edited by skynight

2 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

Some ships have a few basic OTC drugs (meclizine, ibuprofen, etc.) offered in little packets for free at the ship medical center.  This is not consistent and your mileage may vary.  

I have not heard of this on Princess ships. I have read a sign on the medical center door stating that you will be charged for any assistance. I have seen little packages of many different types of OTC medicines sold in one of the shops. Cost wise they are expensive, plus when you require a sea sick pill they may not be open. 

1 minute ago, skynight said:

I have not heard of this on Princess ships. I have read a sign on the medical center door stating that you will be charged for any assistance. I have seen little packages of many different types of OTC medicines sold in one of the shops. Cost wise they are expensive, plus when you require a sea sick pill they may not be open. 

In years past I have seen it on one ship and not another (both Princess).  Same with other cruise lines.  Some have it and some don't.  

Bottom line is don't depend on the ship having anything.  If there are rough seas, then the ship could run out of everything for sea sickness.

• Like 1