Anybody else tired of the 70's disco party?

2 hours ago, Cigar King said:

I had some of the best times in high school with an 8-track player.  Friend had one in a Pontiac Catalina convertible.  Sweet.  Queen, Stones, Nugent.  Just played on and on, toss them in the back seat when we wanted something new.  Covered in crap, they never broke.  How cool were we?  🙂

Got a car with 8 track already in it, only had two tapes, Moody Blues Days of Future Passed and a live J Geils Band.  Wrecked the car,  never got another 8 track, switched to cassette. 

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

They were pretty durable, all things considered.  I mean, we really treated them badly.  They put the Energizer Bunny to shame.  😉

Definitely 

But didn't you hate when a song played through the track change🤣🤣

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

Got a car with 8 track already in it, only had two tapes, Moody Blues Days of Future Passed and a live J Geils Band.  Wrecked the car,  never got another 8 track, switched to cassette. 

My brother wrecked his Nova reaching under seat for a loose tape. Probably Rush 2112

On 7/29/2021 at 8:55 AM, 2chiefs said:

Year after year, it's the same party on every cruise. It's getting a little stale for me,

Anyone else like to see it go away?

We’ve been all enjoying “practicing” it since March 2020 (even being away from cruising) - the “social distance practice”dancing party they named it!  Unbelievable!!!

Edited by kirtihk

On 7/31/2021 at 8:22 PM, John&LaLa said:

My brother wrecked his Nova reaching under seat for a loose tape. Probably Rush 2112

'When they turn the pages of history, when these days have passed long ago'....hope he found the tape.

• Like 1

I'd love an 80's hairband night.  Some Skid Row, Whitesnake, Bon Jovi, Poison, GnR, and Motley Crue.  I'd definitely pack a can of Aqua Net to participate in the night!  

I do like to alternate cruise lines frequently for this reason...some of the entertainment gets stale. But after a year or two away, I enjoy it all anew.  I'll be there with bells and whistles for my first 70's Disco night after this cruise drought!  (I do wish they would add in some other GREAT 70's music that is not Disco though!).

Edited by reney313
  • Like 1

Our family started out cruising with Carnival...until we realized we knew all of the Cruise Directors'  "spontaneous" jokes (across the ships...same jokes) and all of the entertainment.  It got old.  The cruising experience isn't just about new ship amenities.  I agree that some of RCL's shows/events/menus are getting stale.  RCL's Disco Party sure isn't exciting for me anymore LOL. 

If passengers get bored with the same experiences, they'll start to check out competitors.  Just before the pandemic, I tried Holland and was pleasantly surprised (we've also tried Celebrity 1X & NCL-3X, but preferred RCL- we had 1 cruise on Princess booked, but had to cancel 2-days before the trip ☹️).   The cruiselines' loyalty perks aren't worth boredom.

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Not  my cup of tea.. but if middle age cruises like to sway to a iconic glbtis plus group, whom am I to deny there night .

I haven't finished my coffee, but, this sentence hurt my head.  What is a "glbtis plus group"?  Not all of us have access to unlimited VB.  😉

On 7/31/2021 at 5:01 PM, Cigar King said:

I had some of the best times in high school with an 8-track player.  Friend had one in a Pontiac Catalina convertible.  Sweet.  Queen, Stones, Nugent.  Just played on and on, toss them in the back seat when we wanted something new.  Covered in crap, they never broke.  How cool were we?  🙂

OMG!  My brother's yellow and black Javelin with Aerosmith's Toys in the Attic on 8 track!  I haven't been the same since.  🤪

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Hopefully the Bella cruise in '23

Bella? I hope he's cruising before 2023. 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, Hogbay said:

No thanks that should be confined to special interest group cruises. 

Rubbish .. the Village People songs were played on mainstream radio back then.  There is nothing "special interest group" about them or their songs.   Seems someone here has a problem with gay people. 

Edited by F27TW

30 minutes ago, F27TW said:

Rubbish .. the Village People songs were played on mainstream radio back then.  There is nothing "special interest group" about them or their songs.   Seems someone here has a problem with gay people. 

Not at all ,like I said "not My cup of tea "mainstream radio player a lot of "special " music back then .Queen was straight as a row of tents too :classic_rolleyes: