Question on Specialty Dining Promo

Roz

I booked my sister and I on the Rotterdam for a March 2022 cruise.  I'm passenger #1 and she's passenger #2.  Part of the package we booked under includes a One Night Specialty Dining Promo.  When I look at the invoice and when I look at the booking online, it indicates only passenger #1 gets the included specialty dining promo.  What's up with that?  Am I supposed to go to the Pinnacle or Tamarind alone and tell her to fend for herself that evening? ☹️ 

That’s weird, Roz.

Our confirmations both show passenger 1 and 2 for the specialty dining promo.

I wonder if someone mucked up the confirmation?

I would email HAL / your TA and ask if it can be checked.  You both should have it IME.

I booked and am paying for the cruise, so there's just one invoice.  My sister is a Mariner.  

Thanks for the info.  I'll contact my TA.

• 2 weeks later...

Update....

I contacted my trusty TA, who in turn contacted HAL.  They stated since this was a rebook they have to manually add in the perks and they just missed it for the second passenger. 

Check your invoices carefully if you've rebooked, as so many of us have.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Roz said:

Update....

I contacted my trusty TA, who in turn contacted HAL.  They stated since this was a rebook they have to manually add in the perks and they just missed it for the second passenger. 

Check your invoices carefully if you've rebooked, as so many of us have.

Hi Roz,

We had huge problems with our onboard statement and amenities on our July 31 Alaska cruise. for example, it did say 1 beverage card, but Guest Services manager said it was a card for each of us.  I didn't get my card until the cruise was almost over🙁Take your printout from our TA with you ( I always do) that way guest services will know what you should get.  Manager had to send a copy of my amenities to ship services in Seattle and it took 2 days to get a reply.  I think they are still smoothing their operations out.

Karen

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, Roz said:

@Loreto, good advice on taking the invoice with you.  

@Mary229, I just checked Manage Your Bookings for my cruise and it's now showing the Specialty Dining promo for both my sister and I.

Hmmm.  Ours shows the promo but charges us when we try to make a reservation. 

I called Holland today, as when I try to reserve our complimentary specialty dinner on the website, it was asking for cc information.  I was advised that possibly tomorrow, bookings through the end of the year the complimentary specialty dining may be available to book on the website.  They were not sure if it would extend into next year's sailings though.  We are booked on 1/2/22 Rotterdam.

26 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

I called Holland today, as when I try to reserve our complimentary specialty dinner on the website, it was asking for cc information.  I was advised that possibly tomorrow, bookings through the end of the year the complimentary specialty dining may be available to book on the website.  They were not sure if it would extend into next year's sailings though.  We are booked on 1/2/22 Rotterdam.

Well, thank you so much!  I was on hold when I read your post, so you saved me a call.  We are on an October 6 sailing in less than two months, and it seems odd that it is still closed for booking.  Maybe one of many things they’re trying to juggle as things start back up.  

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

I was told the same thing by the HAL agent last week, that complimentary  dining will hopefully be available to book online on the 18th.  It was very easy to use the shore excursion Promo at the web site.

Karen

1 hour ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Well, thank you so much!  I was on hold when I read your post, so you saved me a call.  We are on an October 6 sailing in less than two months, and it seems odd that it is still closed for booking.  Maybe one of many things they’re trying to juggle as things start back up.  

Just curious…did you click on the drop down menu to choose the passengers to receive the promo for the night you were booking?  When I first tried to book ours they wanted me to pay as well but then I discovered there was a step I hadn’t done.  

4 minutes ago, Riversedge said:

Just curious…did you click on the drop down menu to choose the passengers to receive the promo for the night you were booking?  When I first tried to book ours they wanted me to pay as well but then I discovered there was a step I hadn’t done.  

Yes, I did.  I tried it with his booking and booking both of us.  Then his booking and booking only him, then mine, etc....and no matter what I did, it charged us.  So I cancelled all of it.  🧐🙄😜

Today a HAL rep told me it wouldn't be available until 8/29 for my booking (12/1/21).  She said July, August, Sept and maybe part of October were out there now, but all were expected to be out by 8/29.  We'll see.  A previous HAL rep told me 8/11, so clearly not all information is completely accurate 😉

Sue/WDW1972

@Seasick Sailor Thanks for letting us know. I was able to make our complimentary dining reservations just now for our 11/20 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.

When you purchase them, in the box where you indicate day and time, there will be an option to use Complimentary Dining. Be sure to click on that and then indicate who will be dining.

If you have a problem, call the Dining Reservations number. For some reason, DH was blocked at one restaurant. The lady who answered (about a 1 minute hold), said there have been a couple such instances. But she was able to take care of it immediately and all now appear on our itinerary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Suzy said:

@Seasick Sailor Thanks for letting us know. I was able to make our complimentary dining reservations just now for our 11/20 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise.

When you purchase them, in the box where you indicate day and time, there will be an option to use Complimentary Dining. Be sure to click on that and then indicate who will be dining.

If you have a problem, call the Dining Reservations number. For some reason, DH was blocked at one restaurant. The lady who answered (about a 1 minute hold), said there have been a couple such instances. But she was able to take care of it immediately and all now appear on our itinerary.

12/30 Pinnacle Grill bookings, both regular or complimentary, will not be available until mid September per Ship's Services and Dining Reservations per my call today.