Live and life from Nieuw Amsterdam's third Alaska sailing

Copper10-8

20 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

May be an image of outdoors

Good looking explosive detection K-9 and his handler

I remember that loooong crew gangway to Deck 4 in Seattle. Nice workout hauling bags up there

May be an image of skyscraper

It cleared up a bit later in the PM

May be an image of text that says 'YOUR STATEROOM IS SERVICED BY ALI DONI If you have any requests, please dial 90 for Guest Services.'

May be an image of text that says 'MARINER SOCIETY WELCOME August 8, 2021 Please join us between the hours of 11:00 am to 12:00 noon for an exclusive reception for our 5-star Mariners & President's Club member Ocean Bar, Deck 3 Mid-ship Attendees will be asked to display'

For Sunday morning! It was waiting in our cabin 

May be an image of one or more people, people standing and indoor

No photo description available.

May be an image of 1 person, french fries and burger

May be an image of rose and indoor

Extremely well-trained, housebroken, dedicated  as well as domesticated husband.........

No Mayo?

22 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Good looking explosive detection K-9 and his handler

I remember that loooong crew gangway to Deck 4 in Seattle. Nice workout hauling bags up there

May be an image of skyscraper

It cleared up a bit later in the PM

May be an image of text that says 'YOUR STATEROOM IS SERVICED BY ALI DONI If you have any requests, please dial 90 for Guest Services.'

May be an image of text that says 'MARINER SOCIETY WELCOME August 8, 2021 Please join us between the hours of 11:00 am to 12:00 noon for an exclusive reception for our 5-star Mariners & President's Club member Ocean Bar, Deck 3 Mid-ship Attendees will be asked to display'

For Sunday morning! It was waiting in our cabin 

May be an image of one or more people, people standing and indoor

No photo description available.

May be an image of 1 person, french fries and burger

May be an image of rose and indoor

Extremely well-trained, housebroken, dedicated  as well as domesticated husband.........

Many years ago, before 9/11, I visited Veendam while she was docked  in NYC and was a guest of Ruth C. I had to before screened before even arriving at the dock to get permission. Veendam had just gotten her new aft pool. After our visit, we went up to the top floor of the garage and watched as those dogs were being trained to smell out drugs. Fascinating to watch. Love your digs. Hope you are enjoying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Many years ago, before 9/11, I visited Veendam while she was docked  in NYC and was a guest of Ruth C. I had to before screened before even arriving at the dock to get permission. Veendam had just gotten her new aft pool. After our visit, we went up to the top floor of the garage and watched as those dogs were being trained to smell out drugs. Fascinating to watch. Love your digs. Hope you are enjoying.

You mean the new aft 'non' pool..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Hey Y'all Greets from Juneau, AK Having lunch at El Sombrero! Some might think that's funny but it has become a tradition from my crew days plus

And, you're missing great Halibut and Chips at the Alaska Fish & Chips Company?   ☹️  But, I understand.  😀  Traditions are important to all of us.  Enjoy your lunch!

• Like 1

We ate lunch at Tracy’s Crab and stuffed ourselves on their Crab legs and rode the tram up atop Mt. Roberts.

Today when talking to our great concierge Hector he told us he is the first one to be assigned permanent Neptune Lounge concierge. There will be no more rotation between Front Desk and Neptune. Hector is from Columbia and is a keeper.

• Like 20

18 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We ate lunch at Tracy’s Crab and stuffed ourselves on their Crab legs and rode the tram up atop Mt. Roberts.

Today when talking to our great concierge Hector he told us he is the first one to be assigned permanent Neptune Lounge concierge. There will be no more rotation between Front Desk and Neptune. Hector is from Columbia and is a keeper.

Can't wait to meet Hector on 9/25!! 

33 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I couldn't afford Tracy's but it looked lovely!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Hey Y'all Greets from Juneau, AK Having lunch at El Sombrero! Some might think that's funny but it has become a tradition from my crew days plus..............they have excellent WiFi in here 😃

20210809_133603_HDR.jpg

Bet you did not syop at Alaskan Fudge Store

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Hey Y'all Greets from Juneau, AK Having lunch at El Sombrero! Some might think that's funny but it has become a tradition from my crew days plus..............they have excellent WiFi in here 😃

20210809_133603_HDR.jpg

El Som' was a favorite when I worked in Juneau 25 yrs ago.   Nice to see it still thriving

• Like 1

16 hours ago, erewhon said:

So very pleased that you were able to meet with Bruce and Sue,  do you plan to meet them  again durimg the cruise?

Yes, Sir! They're practically our neighbors - neighbours for the Canucks - on Deck 7 😉 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1