Revolutionized Equinox

Britpamtany1205

Have the loungers, footstools and table been removed from concierge and aqua class state room verandas?  If so how uncomfortable are the new chairs and is the coffee table useable for anything other than two cups.  We tend to spend at sea days on veranda (room service breakfast) and lounging but that no longer seems possible.  What are people’s thoughts/complaints and does celebrity care?

6 hours ago, Britpamtany1205 said:

Have the loungers, footstools and table been removed from concierge and aqua class state room verandas?  If so how uncomfortable are the new chairs and is the coffee table useable for anything other than two cups.  We tend to spend at sea days on veranda (room service breakfast) and lounging but that no longer seems possible.  What are people’s thoughts/complaints and does celebrity care?

The original furnishings on the veranda have been replaced.  The chairs are  adequate  but the table has been reduced in size.  Let's call it a mini which holds very little. It wil be challenging to have breakfast now on your veranda.  I can tell you that the previous items were bigger and of better quality.  I wish they had just given them a new paint job.

• Like 1

Equinox back to cruising! 7/25/2021is being posted by Luckybecky.  Check out that thread.  She posted two pics of her balcony with chairs that recline and foot stools.  I believe it is an SV.  Smaller table but “un-revolutionized” chairs and foot stools.  Maybe she can elaborate on the other balcony and suite categories.

We were on the Equinox in 2019 after the Revolution.   The chairs are basically the same,  they still recline and were comfortable.    The table is small,  so we plated what we wanted from room service inside, then just brought the plate out.   When not using the table for food, we put a few pillows on it with a towel over them, and used it as a foot stool.   

2019-10-20 20.56.00.jpg

2019-10-17 10.19.50.jpg

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 39august said:

Those are definitely NOT the chairs we had in 1A cabin on Equinox in Feb. 2019. Ours were white, with low backs and not comfortable. 

The pictures I posted were from the Equinox in October 2019.   2A room.  Everything in the room had been revolutionized except the carpeting.   (Bedding, tv, drapes, etc.)

27 minutes ago, micheleata said:

We were on the Equinox in 2019 after the Revolution.   The chairs are basically the same,  they still recline and were comfortable.    The table is small,  so we plated what we wanted from room service inside, then just brought the plate out.   When not using the table for food, we put a few pillows on it with a towel over them, and used it as a foot stool.   

2019-10-20 20.56.00.jpg

2019-10-17 10.19.50.jpg

We had these with footstools underneath them on our cruise last week in Concierge Level aft cabin...

Also a nice table in the room to set the room service breakfast tray on...was pretty easy to eat sitting on the couch.  

The table on the veranda makes the cups of coffee look huge...and the canapés...

Who took our footstools?   Maybe the previous cruiser took them home...

DSC02310.jpg

Edited by keesar
  • Haha 1

We were on Equinox last week, and yes, the new tables are small. When we wanted to eat or play cards on our balcony, we moved the much-larger coffee table out there and brought it back inside when we were done. It’s not too heavy—an easy enough solution for us. 🙂

Last week I was in Concierge Sunset Verandah 9382 and the chairs on the balcony were disgusting. They were stained and had tears in them. I thought about asking for different ones but when I looked at the balconies to the left and right, those chairs were in rough shape as well. 

So I actually did a video tour of the room that I will post to YouTube later, but I zoomed in on one of the frames and here are some pictures. 

DB418EB2-42C0-4DE7-93FC-A31AA2EC20D0.thumb.jpeg.86abb34f64f95b08ee5978be7c6f652d.jpeg

E7BC0905-AA37-4204-8D42-1A515FEE673B.thumb.jpeg.b68c98996bb0bf91f256206c24d1d77b.jpeg

7FB97B62-F752-4F3E-91EA-A548F286E72D.thumb.jpeg.547bfef178f88ac3f230791859b8beaa.jpeg

Other people who have posted seem to have rather nice looking furniture so maybe it’s luck of the draw. 

50 minutes ago, glmacruise said:

How ridiculous. You essentially skimped on something that almost made it non functional 

The thought by many here is that Celebrity did this on purpose to make it inconvenient for people to dine in their cabin and thus reduce orders for room service.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Britpamtany1205 said:

Thanx all for reply's……looking at those chairs, I think we’re going to have a problem.  They certainly don’t look like they recline fully like they used to.  hmmm, maybe I’ll drag a couple loungers from  pool deck a replace them with those chairs…lol

Actually, the pool lounge chair may be an option. Several years ago, after mentioning an issue with the balcony chairs to the cabin Stuart, several hours later, a pool lounge chair appeared on our balcony. Granted policy may have changed, but its always worth asking. These ships are half empty, and the crew is eager to please. No harm in asking .

No need to drag one of the loungers from the pooldeck. I asked my cabin steardes politly if she could provide me with a lounger - the balconys of those SV on Apex ( or every other Edge Class ship) are big enough to hold it.

A few minutes later she reapeared with a colleg who put the lounger out on my balcony. Very nice!

• Like 1