MSC MERAVIGLIA - Photo Album - 8/2/2021 - Return to Service - First Cruise in 15+ Months!

eroller

Attached is a link to the photos I took on the MERAVIGLIA during the 8/2/2021 return to service cruise.  It was a 4-day cruise out of Miami to Nassau and Ocean Cay.  

There are two pages of photos ... each photo has a description ... just put your curser over the photo to see the description.  Daily programs are included as well.  

A full review is in progress but I thought I would put the pics out there for anyone interested.  The short story is the cruise was simply fantastic ... even over the top.  It was cruise #131 for me, and truly memorable.  I could not be more pleased.  My last cruise (pre-pandemic) just happened to be on MERAVIGLIA back in December 2019.  I rarely repeat ships but I'm sure glad I did.  This return to cruising for me (and for MSC out of the US) could not have been better.  So impressed.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157719672240331

Edited by eroller
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Thanks for the photos especially the Yacht Club.

Seeing as how my cruise on Meraviglia is not selling well, I think that there will still be plenty of seating even if every other seat is blocked. 

MSC is currently capping capacity at around 50% for these cruises.  We had just over 2100 on this first cruise.  FYI about 50 pax tested positive for COVID during embarkation and were denied boarding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Ernie, glad you enjoyed the cruise.  It sounds and looks like MSC didn't packed YC, at least yet.  I noticed your Duplex hot tub is not full, in the past they were changed on turnover day and once during the week.  On a four day/three day schedule I just can't figure why it would ever be empty while a guest is in the cabin.

37 minutes ago, Até said:

Thanks Ernie, glad you enjoyed the cruise.  It sounds and looks like MSC didn't packed YC, at least yet.  I noticed your Duplex hot tub is not full, in the past they were changed on turnover day and once during the week.  On a four day/three day schedule I just can't figure why it would ever be empty while a guest is in the cabin.

The hot tub could be filled at any time by the butler or assistant butler, both of which were amazing.  Otherwise it was kept empty.  

Great photos!  We’re in YC in November going to Ocean Cay.  What was included?  Umbrella?  Floats?  I didn’t see a list of what you could use/reserve with a price list.  The cabanas make no sense for a couple but would for a group.  Thanks!

14 minutes ago, eroller said:

The hot tub could be filled at any time by the butler or assistant butler, both of which were amazing.  Otherwise it was kept empty.  

Interesting, different than on our Meraviglia sailings.  I wonder if that is a change since the Duplex are now in Yacht Club.  We were Aurea and the tub was full the entire cruise, the cabin steward was always out there checking the temp, keeping it full and cleaned it mid cruise.  Perhaps it was too much work.

7 minutes ago, PRH said:

Great photos!  We’re in YC in November going to Ocean Cay.  What was included?  Umbrella?  Floats?  I didn’t see a list of what you could use/reserve with a price list.  The cabanas make no sense for a couple but would for a group.  Thanks!

Umbrella for sure, and I think floats but can’t confirm.  The YC beach on Ocean Cay is wonderful, with plenty of staff serving drinks, bringing towels, and making sure you’re happy.  Showers too. The entry to the water though is quite rocky so you might want to wear sandals.  

Adjacent is Ocean House the bar and restaurant for YC passengers.  We had a fantastic lunch there (blackened mahi-mahi) all served by staff on real china. No buffet here!  The venue was very Key West in style.  I just loved it.  A private shuttle runs continuously from the ship to Ocean House for YC guests.  First class all the way! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Até said:

Interesting, different than on our Meraviglia sailings.  I wonder if that is a change since the Duplex are now in Yacht Club.  We were Aurea and the tub was full the entire cruise, the cabin steward was always out there checking the temp, keeping it full and cleaned it mid cruise.  Perhaps it was too much work.

Yes could have been too much work or there may have been other issues with keeping them full all the time.  Filling them is quick and easy and the butler takes care of it all.  

We almost booked one of those duplex for our upcoming trip.  Is there a door upstairs that leads to deck 13?  I believe there is.

They gave you actual Champagne or did you have to buy that, normally it is sparkling wine.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

We almost booked one of those duplex for our upcoming trip.  Is there a door upstairs that leads to deck 13?  I believe there is.

They gave you actual Champagne or did you have to buy that, normally it is sparkling wine.

The bottle of Moët was waiting upon arrival.  Yes there is an exit door only to deck 13 from the upstairs closet.  No entry though.  

6 hours ago, eroller said:

Umbrella for sure, and I think floats but can’t confirm.  The YC beach on Ocean Cay is wonderful, with plenty of staff serving drinks, bringing towels, and making sure you’re happy.  Showers too. The entry to the water though is quite rocky so you might want to wear sandals.  

Adjacent is Ocean House the bar and restaurant for YC passengers.  We had a fantastic lunch there (blackened mahi-mahi) all served by staff on real china. No buffet here!  The venue was very Key West in style.  I just loved it.  A private shuttle runs continuously from the ship to Ocean House for YC guests.  First class all the way! 

Thanks for this - booked to sail in the YC in October and this is certainly exciting to see.  So I understand this to read there is a separate section on Ocean Cay just for YC passengers?  I guess I didn't read the fine print wasn't aware of this.  So I would not need to book a special cabana etc for this attention on shore?  Thanks

18 hours ago, eroller said:

MSC is currently capping capacity at around 50% for these cruises.  We had just over 2100 on this first cruise.  FYI about 50 pax tested positive for COVID during embarkation and were denied boarding. 

This is what worries me.

To go all the way there & test positive !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, eroller said:

50? Yikes! 

This makes me a little nervous. 

Great job with the review and pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shippy said:

This is what worries me.

To go all the way there & test positive !

Get tested right before your trip, with just enough time to have your results before leaving.

If positive, cancel the trip and recoup expenses to the extent allowed. If negative, there's a fair chance you'll still be negative at the pier.

Then, it's just a matter of being symptom free and avoiding an investigatory test.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jules815 said:

50? Yikes! 

When I read 50 tested positive, thinking that most were probably non vaccinated. No way for us to know for sure.  .we will take test before flying to MIA.

Edited by phissy

2 minutes ago, jules815 said:

50? Yikes! 

50 seems quite a big number. However, more than 2100 were negative at the embarkation test. Pretty good odds.

Sure, a small number of the 2100 would be positive, if were there were more test during the following days. That's what social distancing and the other anti-transmission policies are supposed to address.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phissy said:

When I read 50 tested positive, thinking that most were probably non vaccinated. No way for us to know for sure.  .we will take test before flying to MIA.

I think we're going to do the same. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phissy said:

2 hours ago, cruisebug722 said:

Thanks for this - booked to sail in the YC in October and this is certainly exciting to see.  So I understand this to read there is a separate section on Ocean Cay just for YC passengers?  I guess I didn't read the fine print wasn't aware of this.  So I would not need to book a special cabana etc for this attention on shore?  Thanks

You do not need to book cabana on Ocean Cay YC to get your YC experience.  YC has separate beach / bar/restaurant for YC guests.

Edited by phissy

1 hour ago, cyndyga said:

How is the bathroom situation in the YC are on Ocean Cay?? There used to be only one...

Just the one in Ocean House that I saw.  Otherwise outside the YC area there were a lot which we passed walking back to the ship.  

• Thanks 1