This Ain't Homer's Odyssey - A Live B2B2B on Odyssey of the Seas (8/22/2021-9/11/2021)

1 hour ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Great updates JC.  If possible could you see if they are allowing JS guests in the coastal kitchen for Dinner?  Dont go out of your way.  Thanks so much.  Dan

Not JC but we were on 8/8 sailing. We were in a JS and were allowed to make reservations for dinner in Coastal Kitchen. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

Great updates JC.  If possible could you see if they are allowing JS guests in the coastal kitchen for Dinner?  Dont go out of your way.  Thanks so much.  Dan

I will ask next time I am up there

• Like 1

Does asking for an upgrade onboard work? Maybe not generally, but during this time? I am sailing in two weeks and I am excited about our room (an inside room overlooking Central Park) but we were randomly upgraded JS a few years ago and I wouldn't hate getting having that again....

So...patience is anything but my strong point. Our September 25th sailing on Odyssey just can't get here soon enough. Thank you SO much for sharing your trip with us. I, too, would sleep in a broom closet for a real vacation but boy does that balcony look wonderful. I think I need to go home and start organizing.

• Like 1

Unlike other Quantum class ships I have been on, Odyssey has a stand-alone Starbucks.  That means, like Oasis class, anything ordered here is not covered by any drink packages.  Here is the menu with prices.

49BEEBD4-6503-496D-AA7F-13450333DB4E.jpeg

A227D8AC-4682-4125-B549-18D7B5175CF9.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Does asking for an upgrade onboard work? Maybe not generally, but during this time? I am sailing in two weeks and I am excited about our room (an inside room overlooking Central Park) but we were randomly upgraded JS a few years ago and I wouldn't hate getting having that again....

When we boarded we did ask.  They said there would probably not be any available  but did write our names on a list and they said they would call if anything popped up.  As expected, we did not receive a call 😃

It never hurts to ask however!  

• Like 1

Just now, JessyCruises said:

When we boarded we did ask.  They said there would probably not be any available  but did write our names on a list and they said they would call if anything popped up.  As expected, we did not receive a call 😃

It never hurts to ask however!  

LOL ok sorry this is a dumb question - but how did you phrase it? I am not against asking, but never sure how to say "hey I'd like to inquire about this free upgrade that I heard about on the internet" 🤣

24 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

LOL ok sorry this is a dumb question - but how did you phrase it? I am not against asking, but never sure how to say "hey I'd like to inquire about this free upgrade that I heard about on the internet" 🤣

I told them that I had bid on a Royal Up and heard not a response so wanted to know if there were any onboard upgrades available if I did not get the Royal Up.  I was not specifically asking for a feee upgrade.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nascartony20fan1 said:

Hello all. On the Sept 25 sailing and had a question for those of you on board. Can you get Specialty Dining food or MDR food to go? Pick up or delivered to room? Room Service menu is limited. Thanks in advance. 
Christie

I believe only if you are staying in a suite but I will see if I can find out 

We have done this many times and we are always just in a reg. balcony.  We just go to MDR, order and they bring it to us at the door.  Or you can show up at your table and ask to take it with you, done that both ways in the past.  They just put the covers on the plate and let you take it.

Edited by toddcruise01
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, toddcruise01 said:

We have done this many times and we are always just in a reg. balcony.  We just go to MDR, order and they bring it to us at the door.  Or you can show up at your table and ask to take it with you, done that both ways in the past.  They just put the covers on the plate and let you take it.

Awesome! Thanks so much! I was hoping with Covid it would be an option, but it sounds like it’s always been an option. Happy!! ☺️

Thanks for taking us along Jessy. 

It shows ($) for both iFly and Northstar in the Compass. Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but how much are they charging for this? We are on Anthem in December, so I am assuming they will now be doing this on her too?

On 8/15/2021 at 2:20 PM, CanuckCruizer said:

JessyCruises - looking forward to your report!  We are on the Odyssey next year in Europe so we are anxious for info.😀

I don't think you said what type of cabin you are in? (sorry if I missed it).

We are Diamond Plus too, so wondering about the "Concierge Club" (still says on the Deck Plans & several agents have said it is not a Suite Lounge, but a Concierge Club, but you know how that goes...) and whether it is now a Suite Lounge etc. We normally get a suite, but they were sold out (and we wanted to book this sailing to coordinate with our X B3B) so we are in a Junior Suite with large balcony, so wondering what Coastal Kitchen is like etc.

Hope you get all your packing done & have a safe flight.

Cheers,

Canuck

We just got off the ship yesterday. It is a Suite Lounge!