This Ain't Homer's Odyssey - A Live B2B2B on Odyssey of the Seas (8/22/2021-9/11/2021)

On 8/15/2021 at 12:02 PM, JessyCruises said:

My name is Jessica (Jess or Jessy works too) (45) and my husband Paul (46) and I will be travelling from Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada.  . . . Our condo is actually directly across the street from the cruise terminal here so if you did stop here on a cruise, you will definitely have seen our building. Here it is for reference.

Picture1.png

I am looking forward to finally having some ships block my harbourview next Spring/Summer.  

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10165112103060587

Have been there many times over the years (on various ships)  and watched that building go up!   

1 minute ago, mizLORInj said:

Have been there many times over the years (on various ships)  and watched that building go up!   

Cool!  We love it here 😃

I am looking forward to cruise ships next year.  When our son moves out of his section of the condo, we are noodling starting a cruise related business 😂

• Like 1

We were getting nervous because we had not heard anything yet and we were starting to look around to see if it was possible to get an antigen somewhere.  Hubby found a place 1.5 hours a way and literally just hit submit on the booking when he checked online again and out results are in.  Negative!  Thank goodness what he booked was cancellable. 

I think these cruises might actually happenl!!  😂😂

F8740BEB-DD4E-4CDB-86E3-67B1DD22FD0E.png

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 9

Congrats on a negative test. That is got to be a big sigh of relief. I know that is what worries me about my cruise in November. Scheduling, getting it done and then waiting for results.

Now you can get this party started.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congrats on a negative test. That is got to be a big sigh of relief. I know that is what worries me about my cruise in November. Scheduling, getting it done and then waiting for results.

Now you can get this party started.

Yes!  I think I am just about packed.  Now to clean the house so my 19yo son can trash it while we are gone 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

@JessyCruises I'll be interested to hear about your return testing process for getting back into Canada. That is what would stress me out the most.

I will definitely be reporting on that. For me I am more nervous getting in and the B2B testing lol

We will be leaving this little guy in the care of our 19yo son while we are gone.  His name is Shadow and he is a 3 year old Shichon (Shih Tzu x Bichon Frise).  He is a mama and daddy’s boy so we will hopefully be getting regularly scheduled proof of life photos!

3A96D45C-D87A-4ABB-9F63-EB464DF66C43.jpeg

DD5A5573-DBB5-4493-8BE9-F34F5DD3FA68.jpeg

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2021 at 8:33 PM, JessyCruises said:

If you CAN say it 🤣 It is always fun to hear people try when I would have to call and speak to someone at a 1-800#, etc. They never get it right.  Almost as good as Kennebecasis 🙂 

Not sure when you were here last but it has grown a lot.  Quispamsis/Rothesay now has 2 McDonald's and 3 Tim's 🤣

OK I'm going totally off topic here but you guys have me really nostalgic. I spent some formative years in the early 80's living in Gondola Point and went to Rothesay Park school myself until Grade 5 when my family moved to Ottawa. Have not been back since the early 1990s and doubt I would recognize the growth.

Great news on the negative tests and thanks for posting about your trip - looking forward to cruising along with you! 

Edited by JillK
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JillK said:

OK I'm going totally off topic here but you guys have me really nostalgic. I spent some formative years in the early 80's living in Gondola Point and went to Rothesay Park school myself until Grade 5 when my family moved to Ottawa, Ontario. Have not been back since the early 1990s and doubt I would recognize the growth.

Great news on the negative tests and thanks for posting about your trip - looking forward to cruising along with you! 

My mother still refuses to use Quispamsis as her address.  She still only uses Gondola Point which I don't think has been in use since the late 90s lol

• Like 1

Good luck on your cruise! If I could get your observations/opinions on a few things on your journey if you happen to remember that would be awesome:

1. On formal nights, what are the lines like at the non-formal dining places both complimentary and paid, since the WindJammer is presumably still closed.

2. Are ship still selling models?

Thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy your vacation!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Uwlwsrpm said:

Good luck on your cruise! If I could get your observations/opinions on a few things on your journey if you happen to remember that would be awesome:

1. On formal nights, what are the lines like at the non-formal dining places both complimentary and paid, since the WindJammer is presumably still closed.

2. Are ship still selling models?

Thank you so much, and I hope you enjoy your vacation!

Will do!

I don’t think I have ever been so excited to see an airplane…

574ECB89-0A37-48B3-92DD-45AB3442BF76.jpeg

Air Canada is giving out these little Covid kits containing a mask, some wet wipes and the world’s smallest hand sanitizer 😂

4D6D4A89-A902-4BD3-A8CE-B1489BA04C9B.jpeg

ECE5C7B5-6FFE-4FA3-B093-74E856150795.jpeg

Next stop Montreal!!

Edited by JessyCruises
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1