This Ain't Homer's Odyssey - A Live B2B2B on Odyssey of the Seas (8/22/2021-9/11/2021)

I have been confused for weeks...about everything they have said on the website and with what has happened at port.  Hope you get it sorted out, I though I had everything planned down to the second.  Does this mean THEY are giving the PCR test or should I find one here locally before flying?

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I have been confused for weeks...about everything they have said on the website and with what has happened at port.  Hope you get it sorted out, I though I had everything planned down to the second.  Does this mean THEY are giving the PCR test or should I find one here locally before flying?

The response from the rep said we needed to get the test no more than 3 days prior (local test) AND a test at the port.  We need a pretest anyway to fly, so they can test me again should they choose to.  What makes no sense to me is why make people, who do not need a test to travel otherwise , test before arriving AND at the port.  It seems redundant to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JessyCruises said:

The response from the rep said we needed to get the test no more than 3 days prior (local test) AND a test at the port.  We need a pretest anyway to fly, so they can test me again should they choose to.  What makes no sense to me is why make people, who do not need a test to travel otherwise , test before arriving AND at the port.  It seems redundant to me.

And are they saying it’s $180 per person for the test at the port? And vaccinated need that too?

I agree with you that rep does not have it right.  She can't be saying different from what's on their own web pages.  I did a screen print and printed it am taking it with us, if they give me grief, they will get it right back.

So the Royal Caribbean account did not msg me back yet this morning but I had mentioned that after I had gotten the original answer that I also messaged Michael Bayley’s account.  Whoever is running his social just msged me back that vaccinated guests who provide a negative test taken within last 3 days of sailing do NOT need to be tested at the pier.  This was the answer I had been expecting yesterday and was shocked that I had not received.

So there you have it (assuming of course this person is actually right) 😂

I just sent a request through our provincial website to get our testing done and hopefully hear from the sometime this morning to schedule our tests for tomorrow.  We are so close - those damn things better be negative!

93BEE49F-4CA4-4247-BCF3-B08A5D2F1CB5.jpeg

On 8/16/2021 at 10:35 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Bed by the balcony.

Here is the methodology:

The connecting cabins method:

The connecting cabin on the right side when looking at both from corridor will always have the sofa by the balcony and bed by the bathroom. Again every second cabin over from that cabin will have the same sofa and bed position and in between ones will have the opposite layout or the same as the left side connecting cabin which is bed by balcony, sofa by bathroom.

This means that in the connected pair, the cabin on the LEFT will have the bed by the balcony.  7536 is such a cabin.  So, 7524 is the same as 7536.   Bed by the balcony.

Also:  Cabins with a sofabed (* in deck plans), the bed is by the bathroom.  Since your cabin is next to * cabins, YOUR cabin has the bed by the balcony.  

🙂 

Are you sure you don't have this reversed? I use that method, too. Cabin on the right should have bed by balcony. This is  cabin 12293 on Allure.Qyw8AcsRLAbJxr2QVCGXdyVIl03vklGEAGO1odv3OwdsM_CHQoGUpIYwy0V8xIXzWBEkPDT611QfseoO0Xl4jVs2N3IgPU2fhcdLS5NcvF4akX6Vg_euO6SeqDq8G_l1M6bcrr4jy6WLvaqlIgAl_qeEDmEHjVAP497bM9bCQnBYIfaNXpU29uuRodoL9EvbL90U9gSzqo45fo48HdqWD0t2IXW-0DKFWaLgF3c-3BThOAmHAs2zT4zJXcdLvnOBhdiAeCaRtcKIia54MJOP28JP0iw4l8Of269NfUHjUBl9CUfswB0OIm_CPQHE6Cywkzt-rl6a7vXEbpyoHNIqKqU0fl1_o6LjZtlqgROlGl5xHNlttnESaFCxHcP_Su98V2gTHDwft4ArvNFZxHgW_0nWAppNTH4Lv2PwPRZoRd_bHyziDMhdJp-5UeT9p3xzC8zwUlK9HrJcHgbxwWtbtmivqS2j2Zp8v4Ri-Tr84ciCsw-cx7hv9UOej87vmVIjr9fBZOGG7je3ciYC1RKyglTxuJF44hoBxOsb8W-hDXN0PGQzPwz2xdttgqlm0RYPb-6hIcGqBwx2LfxLMO1maGJQ2M_fGRZnehaxWarRY6O7605WZ5q3kOKtFFtHKZPhqr86I_ZL281VIWNyFjCsin7ROrkGSiGRTzXMPq1J5ioIgaLhS6lceagotJi8-m8N82U5FOCEQyKI-Uwujoktbozg=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

@JessyCruises sorry for the stress you are having with testing requirements, but you are going to have a great cruise. The pool deck on Odyssey is very bright and colorful, will share some pictures with you. There are casitas available to rent, but they were $149 so we did not do them. If you want to reserve them, you go to the Lime and Coconut Bar on the deck above the pool. 

7D502018-5575-43BD-BB79-2FFB1D5F2B92.jpeg

85B380EC-AD2D-4BDE-BE04-CDB6F9F85F53.jpeg

D6796C2C-6A75-4285-80AA-31F3441224F2.jpeg

B4FF6536-7F84-4194-BF14-5D29858112D5.jpeg

DEDF2E6C-BE46-46B9-8AD3-3E2E19DFE86E.jpeg

DB15D29F-AC0A-4EBD-9E0D-143D23258A65.jpeg

B417EEC6-DFF9-4EE6-A5C8-D849C12F7571.jpeg

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

@JessyCruises sorry for the stress you are having with testing requirements, but you are going to have a great cruise. The pool deck on Odyssey is very bright and colorful, will share some pictures with you. There are casitas available to rent, but they were $149 so we did not do them. If you want to reserve them, you go to the Lime and Coconut Bar on the deck above the pool. 

Thanks for sharing the photos!  We can't wait!

• Like 1

Just got the call from our local health authority to schedule our Covid tests.  I explained our travel plan - (flying on Saturday at 6 AM and then cruising on Sunday and both need a test no more than 3 days prior) so I asked for a test on Thursday.  They explained that it COULD be up to 48 hours for results, so to have us covered for both, they want us to come in today AND tomorrow for PCR tests.  This way we will be sure to get the results in time for both parts of the trip.  I confirmed that both tests would still be covered by the province and they said yes.  Gotta love socialized medicine! 

Things are starting to come together!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

There are casitas available to rent, but they were $149 so we did not do them.

I wouldn't mind paying $149 as they look like nice little places to camp for a sea day, including a little ice chest and USB plugs.  I'd be worried though about feeling like I was in a fish bowl all day as people walked by and checked out my casita.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I wouldn't mind paying $149 as they look like nice little places to camp for a sea day, including a little ice chest and USB plugs.  I'd be worried though about feeling like I was in a fish bowl all day as people walked by and checked out my casita.

This may be something to consider when the ships are back to full capacity and the pool deck is crowded. 

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

This may be something to consider when the ships are back to full capacity and the pool deck is crowded. 

I don't think there are very many of them and they will probably go fast.  For my cruise in October the price is $149 for port days and $199 for sea days.  I bet that price goes up over time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Wondering if you could share it with other cruisers in your group for 2 hours here, 2 hours there, since that price is for a full day, or if it's only for the couple reserving it.

5 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Just ran across this full ship tour of Odyssey, so thought I'd share! My apologies if it was already posted and I missed it! It's almost an hour long but very informative!

That is the video I mentioned in an earlier post but I did not think I could share it because it was from a travel agency.  It really was a fantastic video and covered alot of bases.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chawkjewel said:

I don't think there are very many of them and they will probably go fast.  For my cruise in October the price is $149 for port days and $199 for sea days.  I bet that price goes up over time.

That is what they are for our upcoming cruises as well.

On 8/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, JessyCruises said:

In case you are interested, this is what the vaccine record for New Brunswickers looks like.  It is a full size 8.5x11 sheet.  I went to the dollar store and bought us a plastic sleeve folder to store it in.  Now we have to add these to the do not lose/damage or else stash. I did just find out from another NBer here on CC that we can also access a record online, but this original paper one is still the "official" record according to the government.  I have heard some provinces did not even provide paper records so not sure how that will work for Royal’s policy.  

Nova Scotia doesn't have an official paper document. When you get your shots, you are sent an email to click and you enter your health card number which takes you to CANImmunize and that shows your doses.  I guess we would just print that for the cruise line. 

• Like 2

I think I mentioned earlier that reports were that we would have around only 600 guests onboard.  Someone heard today from a crew member that we will likely be near 1100 because of new bookings.  Not sure how that is possible because this cruise has not been on the website for a long time.  I not even actually sure if it was ever listed.  Maybe RCL sent some invites out?  I guess I will find out on Sunday lol