Retroactive Captains Club Booking

CruisinCorey2525

So - Bit of "trying to play the system" here, but has anyone had any success in applying a higher tier Captains Club level to a booking, after you already booked a cruise and obtained a higher tier?

I booked, and then did power up points to get a total of 2 club points meaning I am now Blue Level. (This is my first Celebrity Cruise)

When I booked, I currently can cancel for any reason and receive FCC, which I could just turn around and re-book the cruise.

Big hassle, for sure, but I want that scoop of gelato ;). 

Anyway, I don't really care THAT much, but I am wondering if the 1800 number or my PCC could apply the blue level to my cruise and save me a few bucks in the end.

Anyone have any luck or tried to do this?

Thanks!

Captain's Club terms say "Your Captain's Club membership falls into one of six tiers: Preview (prior to sailing), Classic (after first completed cruise), Select (after earning 150 Club Points), Elite (after earning 300 Club Points), Elite Plus (after earning 750 Club Points) and Zenith (after earning 3,000 Club Points). After you complete qualifying sailings, your membership will automatically advance to the applicable membership level."

So you might have to sail first before actually advancing to Classic.

In looking at the terms (https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll#Terms) (look at the very end), I also see this offer specifically for Preview members. I have no idea how to take advantage of it, but here's what it says:

Preview Member Savings Offer

*Captain’s Club Preview Member Savings Offer (the “Offer”): Cruise must be booked between July 23, 2021 - September 23, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select sailings departing between July 23, 2021 - April 24, 2023. Not applicable on Celebrity Apex, Celebrity Beyond, Galapagos, Hawaii or Panama Canal sailings. Offer also not valid on Celebrity Solstice departing between September 26, 2021 - December 19, 2021, Celebrity Infinity departing between December 13, 2021 - April 2, 2022 or Celebrity Eclipse departing between January 3, 2022 - April 17, 2022. Eligible Booking will each receive a saving of 5% from their applicable cruise fare excluding cruise taxes and fees for selected sailings departing between July 23, 2021 up to April 24, 2023. Savings amounts are 5% off for Preview members in a veranda room and above. Preview members must also opt-in to email and sms communication to qualify. Classic, Select, Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith members are not eligible for this offer.

We have a number of bookings with X over the next couple of years and it’s our understanding your loyalty level assigned to your onboard account will be what it is on the day of embarkation when you get on the ship. For example after we finish the cruise we’re on, we will be Elite+ and will be able to reap those benefits on our next booked cruise in November.

So if you have those 2 points posted to your X account at the time of your sailing, you should be recognized as a Classic member, which requires a minimum of 2 points, and be entitled to all the perks that go along with that level of status.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Your status at time of sailing will be what your status is at the time of sailing not the time of booking.

I hit Zenith on a TP and when I boarded a TA 2 weeks later my status had been updated and they had my Zenith initiation on the second cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Your status at time of sailing will be what your status is at the time of sailing not the time of booking.

I hit Zenith on a TP and when I boarded a TA 2 weeks later my status had been updated and they had my Zenith initiation on the second cruise. 

Hmm, that wasn't the case when I cruised and turned Elite a couple of years ago.  Celebrity afforded me all the benefits of Elite on the cruise that I needed to become an Elite member.  Maybe it's different now.

3 hours ago, CruisinCorey2525 said:

When I booked, I currently can cancel for any reason and receive FCC, which I could just turn around and re-book the cruise

You don't get the 125% FCC if you cancel you get a refund.  THEY need to cancel your cruise for the 125% to kick in (if that's what you were thinking).

Also, Celebrity has two fares now... one cancelable, the other non-cancelable (less $$$).

Like others have said your Captains Club level on the sailing will be based on your current point level so you should be classic on your first sailing.   You can check on this by looking at your online account at your "current" level.   You don't have to do anything with your bookings or call or anything.

33 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Hmm, that wasn't the case when I cruised and turned Elite a couple of years ago.  Celebrity afforded me all the benefits of Elite on the cruise that I needed to become an Elite member.  Maybe it's different now.

You were lucky.   They usually don't give you the status until the end of the cruise when your points are applied.   On a b2b if you hit a status level on the first cruise the CC Host can confirm with Miami and update you for the 2nd.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Like others have said your Captains Club level on the sailing will be based on your current point level so you should be classic on your first sailing.   You can check on this by looking at your online account at your "current" level.   You don't have to do anything with your bookings or call or anything.

Are you sure? The terms & conditions indicate the following levels:

Preview (prior to sailing),

Classic (after first completed cruise),

Select (after earning 150 Club Points),

Elite (after earning 300 Club Points),

Elite Plus (after earning 750 Club Points) and

Zenith (after earning 3,000 Club Points)

I realize these were defined prior to Power Up Points, so it was not possible pre-PUP to be Classic without cruising, but Classic level is earned "after first completed cruise," while the later levels are clearly based on points. And I also get that Classic is typically described as 2-149 points, but T&C's rule don't they?

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

How many Celebrity cruises to reach Zenith? Better yet, how many days at sea did it take?

1 hour ago, neverlaysup said:

How many Celebrity cruises to reach Zenith? Better yet, how many days at sea did it take?

Originally it was 100 cruises but now it is dependent on number of points.    Zenith requires 3,000 points

Inside & Ocean View    2 Points per night

Veranda                          3 points per night

Concierge & Aqua         5 points per night

Sky Suite                         9 points per night

CS, Signa, Sunset Royal & Edge Villa    12 points per night

Reflection, Penthouse and Iconic    18 points per night

So if you booked all Penthouses it would be 167 nights at sea up to 1,500 nights at sea for an inside or ocean view

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Originally it was 100 cruises but now it is dependent on number of points.    Zenith requires 3,000 points

Inside & Ocean View    2 Points per night

Veranda                          3 points per night

Concierge & Aqua         5 points per night

Sky Suite                         9 points per night

CS, Signa, Sunset Royal & Edge Villa    12 points per night

Reflection, Penthouse and Iconic    18 points per night

So if you booked all Penthouses it would be 167 nights at sea up to 1,500 nights at sea for an inside or ocean view

I was actually asking about how many cruises or nights YOU had. We just retired and are making our way to Elite+ (hopefully 2 years or about 6 more cruises). We look forward to reaching Zenith one day! I just looked at my points and we average about 7.2 points per night sailed. May not do as many suites as we did when working but when the deal is right, we will book it.

I posted this, then got super busy, sorry for not replying.

Yes, I meant Classic, not Blue (the color of the tier), not sure why I didn't type Classic haha. 

On 8/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, Jim_Iain said:

So you hit Zenith on Cruise 1, but it wasn't applied until cruise 2?

Looks like from the T&C this probably isn't possible, given the "First Cruise Completion" terminology. 

Thank you all :)! 

• Like 1

I’m new to Celebrity so was on 0 points when I booked. I did all the Power Up Points activities they sent me in July and was awarded 28 Club points on August 14th. I therefore have been moved up to Classic tier even though I haven’t been on board yet. It meant I could get 5% off the Premium Drinks Package upgrade over the phone and expect to get the other benefits when on board this weekend. 

On 8/16/2021 at 2:39 PM, CruisinCorey2525 said:

So - Bit of "trying to play the system" here, but has anyone had any success in applying a higher tier Captains Club level to a booking, after you already booked a cruise and obtained a higher tier?

I recently took advantage of Celebrity Book Now or Book Later promo while on board. By booking an on board open booking for $100 one can take 90 days to book a cruise and receive up to $500 depending on cabin and length of cruise. Today I booked a cruise and was given an option either $350 additional OBC using BNBL or $1000 off the price for Captain's Club promo, but not both. Celebrity giveth with one hand and giveth more with the other hand. I took the later. will lose the $100, I suppose?