Milestone cruise - 25% off a cruise deal still happening?

funinthesun1964

11 minutes ago, keyguide said:

It's not a discount it is O.B.C for 25% of the cruise price ,not including taxes.

Pretty sure it was a discount some years ago, maybe I am wrong but in any case not surprised by this.  Do you know if it was on the 25th cruise or the next one booked?

5 minutes ago, funinthesun1964 said:

Pretty sure it was a discount some years ago, maybe I am wrong but in any case not surprised by this.  Do you know if it was on the 25th cruise or the next one booked?

Never. It is when you choose subject to the rules.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/~/guest-recognition---milestone-rewards-program

I did it long ago to say it was obc not a discount for a long time. My fare wasnt that high but I did plenty of onboard shopping to use my obc. ..and more. I still have the nice fleece jacket with bears on it that I get compliments on. A fleece fold up little blanket I have on my sofa. Folds into a small square. I dont remember what all I used the obc on, ..but the bear coat I still love. Was a trip to alaska. I love to shop. 

Pay full price, get obc. Try to find a more expensive cruise.

• Like 1

It doesn't have to be on the 25th, but it could be. We used ours on the 25th.  You're supposed to use it before the next level.  We haven't used our 50th and we're getting close to 75.  Hope to use it next summer in Europe.

On 8/23/2021 at 12:11 PM, RoperDK said:

Do you still get the special sign and sail card?  Our 25th is coming up in 2 months.  Not going to use the OBC special on this one.  Going to wait for a pricier cruise. 

Last I knew, you get a white S&S card on the milestone cruise. (I think this is correct)

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GranysT said:

Well doesn't that just suck, they no longer give you 25% off of a cruise. I was looking forward to that. 

Just another way for them to make money.  If people normally spend 1000 pre tax, they would have gotten a 250 discount, which is now 250 in OBC.   If people then splurge and spend 2000 pre tax, they will get 500 in OBC, but in order to gain that extra 250 in OBC, they have to spend another 1000 bucks, once again putting more monies in the coffers for Carnival.

On 8/22/2021 at 10:19 PM, kicia said:

It doesn't have to be on the 25th, but it could be. We used ours on the 25th.  You're supposed to use it before the next level.  We haven't used our 50th and we're getting close to 75.  Hope to use it next summer in Europe.

Hard to fathom 50 cruises, let alone 75.

Then again, I had 0 cruises 4 years ago, and now have 5 on Carnival + 2 on NCL, and would be up to 8 Carnival if not for a certain Pandemic.