Medallion app problems

steeldrumsteve

Trying to use the app on android devices but unable to upload documents 

Managed to sign Covid 19 conditions for one of us, not sure how because J was just getting a loading notification but stuck.  Can't sign now for my wife.

Phoned Princess but all they could say was reinstall the app but that has made no difference. 

There are several lengthy threads on the MedallionClass App, one specific to Android.  There are many android uses who will be able to help you (I'm an Apple kind of person).  

I did sign on today and got the white screen of death.  That eventually went away.  I think they were having server issues this morning.  It took an extra long time to connect.

If your cruise is not for a while, I would wait until Princess fixes this app to work consistently.  Right now, it is hit and miss/for some, not others/very poorly developed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=medallion&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=119

Edited by cr8tiv1

15 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

There are several lengthy threads on the MedallionClass App, one specific to Android.  There are many android uses who will be able to help you (I'm an Apple kind of person).  

I did sign on today and got the white screen of death.  That eventually went away.  I think they were having server issues this morning.  It took an extra long time to connect.

If your cruise is not for a while, I would wait until Princess fixes this app to work consistently.  Right now, it is hit and miss/for some, not others/very poorly developed.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=medallion&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=119

I sincerely do not think they will get it working consistently any time in the near future

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steeldrumsteve said:

Trying to use the app on android devices but unable to upload documents 

Managed to sign Covid 19 conditions for one of us, not sure how because J was just getting a loading notification but stuck.  Can't sign now for my wife.

Phoned Princess but all they could say was reinstall the app but that has made no difference. 

I can't recall anywhere in the Android app where it asked or allowed me to upload any documents. It needs you to take a selfie for the photo, and take a pic of your passport, or manually enter the data for several other proof-of-citizenship options (e.g. EDL). Pretty sure everything else is manual entry.

Thanks 

I think this is down to semantics. In Ocean Ready there seem to be 5 steps 

Number 1 on my app is labeled "Personal Information and Documents- Upload your travel and personal documents" 

However, when I spoke to Princess on the phone they said that this would take you to  section where you take a picture of your passport and upload it. 

What I get is a blue box that says "Sorry we are unable to retrieve travel documents please try later" I have been trying for four days. I uninstalled and reinstalled and checked all the permissions settings for the app but still no joy

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE latest version of Android 11 OS

Any help would be gratefully received!

11 hours ago, steeldrumsteve said:

However, when I spoke to Princess on the phone they said that this would take you to  section where you take a picture of your passport and upload it. 

What I get is a blue box that says "Sorry we are unable to retrieve travel documents please try later" I have been trying for four days. I uninstalled and reinstalled and checked all the permissions settings for the app but still no joy

Which phone number did you call? The only number that gets you to anyone who knows anything about the app is the 844-525-0942 medallion support number (not the 800-774-6237 general support number) ; they probably won't be able to solve your problem, but they'll be able to report it to someone who can. Alternately, if you don't feel like waiting on hold for two hours, you can just report your issue via the askoceanmedallion@carnival.com eMail address. Depending on your departure date, they might not respond for a while. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, steeldrumsteve said:

Thanks 

I think this is down to semantics. In Ocean Ready there seem to be 5 steps 

Number 1 on my app is labeled "Personal Information and Documents- Upload your travel and personal documents" 

Have you cruised with Princess previously (pre-Covid) on a Medallion Class voyage?  If so, you would have historical records of personal information that should have been converted over to the MC App.  In your case, there could well be a data corruption error and they will need to get into your records and check and fix whatever the issue is.

Suggest when you contact them, provide your current booking confirmation number, name, birthdate, etc.  Also, mention the most recent voyage you were on with Princess.

Looks like you should have the latest version of the App.  Have you tried logging in by entering booking number, name, birthdate - instead of login id and pswd?

2 hours ago, barrykel said:

Which phone number did you call? The only number that gets you to anyone who knows anything about the app is the 844-525-0942 medallion support number (not the 800-774-6237 general support number) ; they probably won't be able to solve your problem, but they'll be able to report it to someone who can. Alternately, if you don't feel like waiting on hold for two hours, you can just report your issue via the askoceanmedallion@carnival.com eMail address. Depending on your departure date, they might not respond for a while. 

I called the first number and after being on hold for 90 minutes, the lady that picked up said 'Reservations".  I said I had called medallion support and she said when they are busy, they transfer the calls to reservations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, oldfashioncruiser said:

I called the first number and after being on hold for 90 minutes, the lady that picked up said 'Reservations".  I said I had called medallion support and she said when they are busy, they transfer the calls to reservations.

And they need to wait 90 minutes to do this?

Princess needs to do what airlines and many other companies do. Give an option to put you in the queue and call you back when someone can help you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

And they need to wait 90 minutes to do this?

But, once passengers perform these tricks...

Wait 90 minutes on hold, buy a new phone, stand on one foot...

They will be able to just race on board with their medallions!

(well other than pre-cruise testing requirements, etc.)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

The new update today for Android allows you to select "share a table" when you make dining room reservations, but when you do that it ends up showing that you have reserved a private table....

I had this interaction yesterday when checking DMW function.  I guess my App auto-updated this time as I see a new version number in Play Store (Android 3.0.94299) and my App has same version now and I did not re-install myself.

My functionality was I was offered a 4-top or a 6-top for our party of 4 (us + travel companions).  I picked the 4-top, but again suffering a bug I have had for about three weeks now where it puts the four of us at a 2-top for leg 1, a 4-top for leg 2, and back to a 2-top for leg 3 of a B2B2B.  Our other single voyage works fine.  It also offered a 4 or 6-top.  IDK why no 8-tops, but not interested in them.

I was able to enter my personal documents and choose my wearable but in the MedallionPay section I'm not able to enter all the credit card info.  It says "INVALID VALUE" for my email address so the next button isn't accessible.  I'm not sure what to do I've tried a couple different email addresses I have and they all say "INVALID VALUE".  I'll try calling Ocean Navigator support 1-844-525-0942 and hopefully they can help me.

• 1 year later...

UPDATE: I was able to get in on my tablet using log in with booking number. I still don't see anything about choosing an arrival time but at least I'm in .  .  .   😐
The app crashes on open on my Galaxy S8. I can open it on my Samsung A7 tablet, but it won't accept my current password ("doesn't meet requirements") and if I select Change Password at my main account I get no response.
I'm pretty tech forward and would love having access to the features the app provides, but I'm also able to shrug it off, as long as my travel experience isn't impacted.
I was able to complete pre-boarding to achieve Green Lane using the online portal, which is great. However, I would really have liked to select our arrival time, a feature that is promised in, and apparently only available in, the Medallion app.
Does anyone know how I can do this outside of the app?
(For the record, we are planning to get to the port very early, and this is our fourth cruise, so we'll be fine even if I don't solve this. It's just, dammit! I want to be able to use the app.)

Edited by Aunt Barty

@Aunt Barty...welcome to CruiseCritic!  Just FYI...you have responded to a posting that was created back in 2021.  Most App issues have now been resolved *IF YOU HAVE A NEWER DEVICE...or one that has lots of RAM*.  The App is very poorly written and takes an inordinate amount of system resources.  Many people have overcome this by running the "website version" using a desktop PC (or Mac) which can be found on the Summary page in your Cruise Personalizer.  You can't do everything...but quite a bit can be done using this method.  Click on "Try our web version"

image.png.f9611533b1b77658079f4db82b56b4e1.png

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

17 hours ago, Aunt Barty said:

UPDATE: I was able to get in on my tablet using log in with booking number. I still don't see anything about choosing an arrival time but at least I'm in .  .  .   😐
The app crashes on open on my Galaxy S8. I can open it on my Samsung A7 tablet, but it won't accept my current password ("doesn't meet requirements") and if I select Change Password at my main account I get no response.
I'm pretty tech forward and would love having access to the features the app provides, but I'm also able to shrug it off, as long as my travel experience isn't impacted.
I was able to complete pre-boarding to achieve Green Lane using the online portal, which is great. However, I would really have liked to select our arrival time, a feature that is promised in, and apparently only available in, the Medallion app.
(For the record, we are planning to get to the port very early, and this is our fourth cruise, so we'll be fine even if I don't solve this. It's just, dammit! I want to be able to use the app.)

Also try reaching out to askoceanmedallion@carnival.com I did that once and received a response within a day. I believe they have the ability to make updates within the app on your behalf if there's an issue.

5 hours ago, Aunt Barty said:

Thank you, Rick&Jeannie!
I have successfully located the Arrival Time feature on my tablet.
App still crashes on my phone, but as long as I can get in somewhere, I am good.

Good to hear you finally found a way!  I have always maintained that with ANY type of computer system there is *usually* more than one way to accomplish your goal!

On 8/25/2021 at 2:43 AM, caribill said:

Princess needs to do what airlines and many other companies do. Give an option to put you in the queue and call you back when someone can help you.

Princess USA does that now. (started several months ago)

On 1/9/2023 at 12:50 AM, Aunt Barty said:

I would really have liked to select our arrival time, a feature that is promised in, and apparently only available in, the Medallion app.

Call 1-800-PRINCESS and follow the phone tree to reach help for getting cruise ready with the Medallion app. Then ask the rep to set up your arrival time.

(But as many have noted, nobody looks at that when you do arrive at the port.)