Pinnacle Lounge

Biker19

36 minutes ago, SRF said:

There are Suite guests without vouchers.   Until my last cruise, I would not have vouchers, and sailed 4 cruises in Suites.

Suite guests have never been eligible for overflow lounges, unless D and up C&A 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Suite guests have never been eligible for overflow lounges, unless D and up C&A 

TWO different Overflows.

On Grandeur, MANY times the CL/SL would be full and they would open up the one wall and overflow into the VCL.   THAT is what I was talking about if they make the VCL a P lounge.  It would mean the SL might still overflow into the VCL, which would be the P lounge, which would mean P and Suites would be mingling again.

The D lounge and D lounge overflow is a different thing, on a different deck.

59 minutes ago, SRF said:

TWO different Overflows.

On Grandeur, MANY times the CL/SL would be full and they would open up the one wall and overflow into the VCL.   THAT is what I was talking about if they make the VCL a P lounge.  It would mean the SL might still overflow into the VCL, which would be the P lounge, which would mean P and Suites would be mingling again.

The D lounge and D lounge overflow is a different thing, on a different deck.

Well, with no Pins in SL, absolutely no reason to do an overflow for SL😉

That is what I was referring to

On 8/24/2021 at 7:40 PM, jalves said:

Why all the hate for Pinnacles?  

I'm Diamond+ but have no hope of ever reaching that level.  I just don't understand why people are talking trash about them. 

Thank you!!  Totally agree.  Obnoxious self serving idiots are not exclusive to being a Pinnie.  They were that way as Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond and D+.    Find one at any level, just walk away and avoid.  😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/24/2021 at 7:44 PM, njkruzer said:

Don't hate them.  Just annoyed at losing what we had.  It's happened before. 

Don't feel alone.  Was not that many years ago, Ds were kicked out of the CL.  Then the D+ were kicked out pre-Covid (on ships too lazy to actually change the sign and call the CL an SL).  Now it's Pinnies.  

Nibble nibble....RCI chewing on the access little at a time.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

The Connoisseur Club was the cigar/.cigarette lounge and the smell from all those years of closed-door smoking in there  permeated everything --- carpeting, draperies, furniture (its still the same).  Despite whatever cleaning products they use to mask the odor, the humidity eventually wins out and it smells like an old ashtray.  

The location of the CL on the Radiance ladies was originally a Cigar bar, kept as one for awhile with posing as CL only at night.  Then they eliminated the Cigar smoking in there.  Still stank of Cigars for years.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

Don't feel alone.  Was not that many years ago, Ds were kicked out of the CL.  Then the D+ were kicked out pre-Covid (on ships too lazy to actually change the sign and call the CL an SL).  Now it's Pinnies.  

Nibble nibble....RCI chewing on the access little at a time.  

Yes.  For our L&S to Anthem TA 2022 we're booked into 12316 to be close to CL we apparently no longer can use.  Have 12318 and 12718 in the past.  Dh thought it was just an extension of the cabin as he went each morning for his early coffee. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, wolfganghowell said:

We cruise Liberty 10/31.  I'm sure they will revise this by then but it will definitely make a difference in the SL.  Every time we've done Liberty, the Pins would camp out in half the room - same area every night.  The only downside is that the concierge and bar servers tips will go down.

Did you take a survey on how many of those Pinnies were actually in Suites?  You may be shocked at how many are both Suite AND Pinnacle guests.  😉 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Yes.  For our L&S to Anthem TA 2022 we're booked into 12316 to be close to CL we apparently no longer can use.  Have 12318 and 12718 in the past.  Dh thought it was just an extension of the cabin as he went each morning for his early coffee. 

Agree.  On Oasis, I loved being on deck 11 for the easy walk to the coffee machine in the DL (and former CL there).   Now that the much smaller DL is stuffed into the bilge on deck 4...not so nice.  At least the change "upgrade" was cancelled, as far as I know, on sister ship Allure during shut down.  

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree.  On Oasis, I loved being on deck 11 for the easy walk to the coffee machine in the DL (and former CL there).   Now that the much smaller DL is stuffed into the bilge on deck 4...not so nice.  At least the change "upgrade" was cancelled, as far as I know, on sister ship Allure during shut down.  

I guess it depends on where your cabin is located. Typically I try to book near aft elevators, but if we are forward, the deck 4 location is fine for a coffee run

Allure wasn't cancelled, it was postponed 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

The fact that Royal set a date of Nov. 1st shows that this is an experiment to see how this works out.  At least they are making an effort to address various concerns.

One aspect that has not been mentioned much, if at all, is that the SL/CL will allow guests that are in suites and under 12.  Because if the the lounge will be set up for social distancing.  Every other table will not be in use.  The capacity of the lounge will be greatly reduced.  During the simulated HH we attended we could not sit with others.  Not the social situation  we were accustomed to.  I am not sure where we will spend time on our cruise next week on the Ovation.  We will check out the Music Hall and the DL.  We may just end up at the various other areas.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Thank you!!  Totally agree.  Obnoxious self serving idiots are not exclusive to being a Pinnie.  They were that way as Gold, Platinum, Emerald, Diamond and D+.    Find one at any level, just walk away and avoid.  😉 

Right on!!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

The fact that Royal set a date of Nov. 1st shows that this is an experiment to see how this works out.  At least they are making an effort to address various concerns.

One aspect that has not been mentioned much, if at all, is that the SL/CL will allow guests that are in suites and under 12.  Because if the the lounge will be set up for social distancing.  Every other table will not be in use.  The capacity of the lounge will be greatly reduced.  During the simulated HH we attended we could not sit with others.  Not the social situation  we were accustomed to.  I am not sure where we will spend time on our cruise next week on the Ovation.  We will check out the Music Hall and the DL.  We may just end up at the various other areas.

They may frown on rearranging furniture in DL and PL as well.

The Pinnacle Pod may be no more

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I guess it depends on where your cabin is located. Typically I try to book near aft elevators, but if we are forward, the deck 4 location is fine for a coffee run

Allure wasn't cancelled, it was postponed 😉

Yeah, I kind of figured it was just a postponed situation...much like most of what we can expect for "temporary" set ups for most everything with start up cruising.  😉  

We usually book GS cabins near aft elevators on the large ladies.  With DL still on 11 on Allure, looking forward to choice of simple walk to DL or up to 17 for coffee.  🙂  Unless they do change DL location before our B2B2B Med/TA end of next year.  Then it's up to 17.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yeah, I kind of figured it was just a postponed situation...much like most of what we can expect for "temporary" set ups for most everything with start up cruising.  😉  

We usually book GS cabins near aft elevators on the large ladies.  With DL still on 11 on Allure, looking forward to choice of simple walk to DL or up to 17 for coffee.  🙂  Unless they do change DL location before our B2B2B Med/TA end of next year.  Then it's up to 17.  

I know Allure is in Med next summer. Is there a drydock on her schedule?

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I know Allure is in Med next summer. Is there a drydock on her schedule?

Not sure.  I am on last 2 weeks of October doing a double Med loop, then staying on to start the TA on October 30th.  Halloween party!!  

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not sure.  I am on last 2 weeks of October doing a double Med loop, then staying on to start the TA on October 30th.  Halloween party!!  

We are on Harmony TA with Halloween. Not packing a costume.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Did you take a survey on how many of those Pinnies were actually in Suites?  You may be shocked at how many are both Suite AND Pinnacle guests.  😉 

If you are booking suites as a Pinnacle, you probably aren't being loud about it?

Granted, there are boors in every crowd, but I posit RCI believes there is enough business lost in the crossing within the Suites Lounge when you have loud and proud, versus "exclusive" shoppers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

If you are booking suites as a Pinnacle, you probably aren't being loud about it?

Granted, there are boors in every crowd, but I posit RCI believes there is enough business lost in the crossing within the Suites Lounge when you have loud and proud, versus "exclusive" shoppers.

Works both ways.  Have witnessed Suites people swinging their Lanyards around holding their Gold Card (other colors on some ships) around and being very loud about being "upper suites" pax.  😉 

I still believe IMHO...all walks of life in all levels of C&A and cabin category.  The obnoxious boring loud types....don't need to be around them.  Luckily I find most people we meet to be nice, welcoming, and interesting.  I will still walk away from the "other types". 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3