Norwegian Upgrade question

rontron

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, JennKach said:

Do you get a chance for the upgrade email if you booked through a travel agent?  I'm considering transferring my booking to a TA, but won't if it means I can't try for an upgrade.

I, up until this year, have always used a TA and have gotten invitations to upgrade. So yes ,you may.

Edited by bbnmom
misspell

1 hour ago, JennKach said:

Do you get a chance for the upgrade email if you booked through a travel agent?  I'm considering transferring my booking to a TA, but won't if it means I can't try for an upgrade.

It depends on whether or not your TA participates in the Upgrade Advantage program. I would ask before transferring your booking.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

I literally just booked for a cruise 10 days from now. Will I have a chance at an upgrade. If so where do I go to make an offer

Hard to tell, but..

I got the upgrade offer in couple of days after booking( may be next day).

You should get an email and when you login on ncl.com and go to your trip you should see the “Let’s get you upgraded” in the middle of the screen.

3 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

I literally just booked for a cruise 10 days from now. Will I have a chance at an upgrade. If so where do I go to make an offer

We booked this past weekend for the Breakaway’s Oct. 24 cruise, and I have been getting emails from NCL almost daily inviting me to bid for an upgrade. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We booked this past weekend for the Breakaway’s Oct. 24 cruise, and I have been getting emails from NCL almost daily inviting me to bid for an upgrade. 

Still nothing for me. Is there a generic link I could follow (royal has that) or is the url specific

10 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

Still nothing for me. Is there a generic link I could follow (royal has that) or is the url specific

It’s not a generic link; the offer page has our names on it. I’m pretty certain that the stateroom categories that you are allowed to bid on depends on what you have booked. 

• Like 1

I booked via points with my time share and hence it is construed via a travel agency.  I called ncl to see cost to upgrade room and told it would have to be done via travel agency and they won’t do it direct.  Did not expect that, thought they’d be excited to collect more $$$ from me, but apparent they don’t want my $$$$ (???). 

On 10/15/2021 at 8:17 PM, Happycrafter123 said:

I booked via points with my time share and hence it is construed via a travel agency.  I called ncl to see cost to upgrade room and told it would have to be done via travel agency and they won’t do it direct.  Did not expect that, thought they’d be excited to collect more $$$ from me, but apparent they don’t want my $$$$ (???). 

That is normal if you book through a travel agency you have to go through them for room repricing. In my case my booking was part of a group booking with the TA as such we didn't get the triple points and the price didn't go down at all however I could bid using the upgrade advantage from the MyNCL page

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 2:29 PM, luckyinpa said:

If you qualify you should have a banner on the MyNCL page for that booking, that banner will redirect you to the right webpage to place your bids. I have found that it doesn't work from the app but does from the webpage

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

got home from my current cruise and booted up the laptop and looked thru edge. firefox and chrome, no upgrade. ill be slumming it 😉 but i read of mixed reviews of haven since start up and with the ship half empty haven is less valuable to me. 

I have been trying to get an answer about the additional cost above the bid amount.  How is the increase in insurance determined? Are there any other charges that will be made to the credit card in addition to the bid amount if won?

16 minutes ago, 2tnts said:

I have been trying to get an answer about the additional cost above the bid amount.  How is the increase in insurance determined? Are there any other charges that will be made to the credit card in addition to the bid amount if won?

The insurance cost does not change. 

If you bid on a Haven room and have already pre-paid your Daily Service Charge, no additional charges. If you have not prepaid your Daily Service Charge, you will be charged the Haven rate. 

Just the amount won. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, 2tnts said:

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you bid on a Haven room and have already pre-paid your Daily Service Charge, no additional charges. If you have not prepaid your Daily Service Charge, you will be charged the Haven rate. 

Just the amount won. 

There actually is an additional charge as your insurance will go up if you bought the insurance through NCL.  I normally get my own insurance but when I booked this after final payment date they had charged me for it and I wasn't sure they would take it off so just kept it.

UPGRADE ADVANTAGE FAQ

14. What happens if I purchased travel protection?  If you have Norwegian's Travel Protection on your current booking, you will be automatically charged to cover the upgrade cost. If you have travel protection via your travel professional, please contact them to add your upgrade to your coverage.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, BirdTravels said:

Just the amount won. 

So this begs the question, how much should you be tipping if you already paid gratuities? I don’t want to screw over anyone working hard.

7 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

So this begs the question, how much should you be tipping if you already paid gratuities? I don’t want to screw over anyone working hard.

If you are upgraded to a Suite/Haven Suite you will want to tip the Concierge and your Butler.

There are many posts regarding "how much and whom to tip" if you make a search.  Lots of different opinions!

1 hour ago, hhalliv said:

Does anyone have experience upgrading from a “normal” stateroom to Haven re: latitude points?

When upgrading from a “normal” stateroom to the Haven are you given the extra latitude point per night?

No you will receive the same points as you would have in the original booking. 

We have bid on Haven Upgrades on our 2 up coming cruises. We have not pre paid our gratuities. My question is whether our gratuities will be higher in the Haven than what they would be in a balcony. I know that with Celebrity our gratuities increased as we moved into the nicer cabins. I am assuming this would be the same with NCL.

Thank You!

54 minutes ago, TEACH6868 said:

We have bid on Haven Upgrades on our 2 up coming cruises. We have not pre paid our gratuities. My question is whether our gratuities will be higher in the Haven than what they would be in a balcony. I know that with Celebrity our gratuities increased as we moved into the nicer cabins. I am assuming this would be the same with NCL.

Thank You!

Yep! If you haven't already paid for your gratuities prior to the bid being accepted you will be charged the higher Haven gratuities.