How does a no show work?

ryano

Ive never been in this situation before.  My mother definitely is not going on the cruise and I was not able to find someone to take her place.   Can anyone explain how her being a no show works?   Are they going to question me at the port as to why she isnt checking in with me?  What do I say?    We realize she will lose her full FCC but at some point should get the taxes and port charges back.    I didnt officially cancel her reservation because it seems I read that isnt the way to go.  

5 minutes ago, ryano said:

Ive never been in this situation before.  My mother definitely is not going on the cruise and I was not able to find someone to take her place.   Can anyone explain how her being a no show works?   Are they going to question me at the port as to why she isnt checking in with me?  What do I say?    We realize she will lose her full FCC but at some point should get the taxes and port charges back.    I didnt officially cancel her reservation because it seems I read that isnt the way to go.  

If you know for sure she isn't going call and get her removed from the reservation. Her port fees and taxes should get refunded.

8 minutes ago, bajathree said:

If you know for sure she isn't going call and get her removed from the reservation. 

Maybe in the CWC era that may work, but, in "normal" times that will likely lead to a reprice.

Biker, who assumes the OP will be left solo in the cabin after removing her mom.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe in the CWC era that may work, but, in "normal" times that will likely lead to a reprice.

That is why I didn't remove her.  Seems ive read about that here before and I definitely don't want to pay any more money.  

16 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

What about cruise with confidence?

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who assumes the OP will be left solo in the cabin after removing her mom.

These are unprecedented times.  With CWC, capacity limitations, covid testing do we actually know if they would charge the solo rate.  I would assume that if the mother cancels under CWC and gets an FCC that the fare would be adjusted for the now solo cruiser. Either way it will cost someone something. I would just go with the no show and do nothing.

I don't think that one person can use CWC and one person still go.  From all  I have read you would have to cancel the entire booking under CWC.  That said don't offer anything.  If they ask tell them you aren't sure if she will make it or not.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I don't think that one person can use CWC and one person still go.  From all  I have read you would have to cancel the entire booking under CWC.  That said don't offer anything.  If they ask tell them you aren't sure if she will make it or not.  

The only thing I think I could have done is a name change because she is over 70.  I don't know anyone that can go 

2 minutes ago, ryano said:

The only thing I think I could have done is a name change because she is over 70.  I don't know anyone that can go 

I have a couple of bookings where I think there is a chance of my husband not joining me.  If that is the case they also have FCC's on them and he will just be a no show  They are very well priced L and S and don't want to chance a re-price

Edited by molly361
  • Like 2

We've had 3 family members be "no shows" that was the best option for us at the time.

No one asked at check in or on the ship....they don't care ! Port fees/Taxes for all of them were credited back to my credit card since I'm the one that paid.

Edited by Ashland
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

When and where do I show up?  😉

You beat me to it!  LOL

And as has been stated, nobody at the port will care or probably even notice.  When Mom doesn't show up, the fees/taxes will be refunded to the original method of payment, and you'll earn an extra point (that will also be doubled) for being solo in the room.

8 hours ago, molly361 said:

I have a couple of bookings where I think there is a chance of my husband not joining me.  If that is the case they also have FCC's on them and he will just be a no show  They are very well priced L and S and don't want to chance a re-price

Laura is hoping/expecting you're a no show for Harmony next spring

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ryano said:

You should do a mock booking for your sailing as solo.  Many of the sailings are offering no single supplement.

And since you said she is over 70, you may be able to get her FCC reissued in your name.

15 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

You should do a mock booking for your sailing as solo.  Many of the sailings are offering no single supplement.

And since you said she is over 70, you may be able to get her FCC reissued in your name.

Thank you for mentioning this!  A mock booking reveals that its actually cheaper by a couple hundred dollars than my FCC amount as a solo if they select the cabin and about the same price as my FCC amount if I pick the cabin.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ryano said:

Thank you for mentioning this!  A mock booking reveals that its actually cheaper by a couple hundred dollars than my FCC amount as a solo if they select the cabin and about the same price as my FCC amount if I pick the cabin.   

Book yourself as a solo and cancel the first one under CWC.  After you get the FCC have your mother's transferred to you.  FYI you can't use that FCC on a reservation for the same ship and date

Just now, molly361 said:

Book yourself as a solo and cancel the first one under CWC.  

I have to have a wheelchair accessible cabin and they are all booked so I am kind of paranoid on losing my cabin during the time of cancelling and rebooking if that makes sense?   I honestly think the no show is the best way to go here.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ryano said:

I have to have a wheelchair accessible cabin and they are all booked so I am kind of paranoid on losing my cabin during the time of cancelling and rebooking if that makes sense?   I honestly think the no show is the best way to go here.   

Call RCI (or your TA, if you booked thru them) and explain the situation.  They can probably hold the accessible cabin to transfer to the new booking.