Liberty check in

StormySeas

this morning I was able to check in for our November 14th Liberty cruise out of Galveston! so excited! we are now 65 days out and I thought we would not be able to check in until after the test cruise. one step closer and we will be sailing soon!!!😁

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, wolfganghowell said:

Yep, check in seems to have opened up yesterday.  We're checked in for 10/31 sailing but waiting on them to tell us the itinerary since they still show Cayman and we know that's not happening.

We are in the mind set. Without Grand Cayman may push off cruise until next August. 

I’d be surprised Grand Cayman opens next year at all.  They require even vaccinated to quarantine for 5 or 6 days.  And you have to have a special qrs code on your vaccination record to ensure it’s valid.   I can’t blame them really.  They want to keep their people safe.  I’m sure they don’t have the medical facilities to care for very many.  If I book a cruise next year that lists GC I won’t plan on keeping that port of call. 

19 hours ago, StormySeas said:

will the ship stop at falmouth? and what do you think they will do for Grand Cayman?

I'm betting they do Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel.

20 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

I’d be surprised Grand Cayman opens next year at all.  They require even vaccinated to quarantine for 5 or 6 days.  And you have to have a special qrs code on your vaccination record to ensure it’s valid.   I can’t blame them really.  They want to keep their people safe.  I’m sure they don’t have the medical facilities to care for very many.  If I book a cruise next year that lists GC I won’t plan on keeping that port of call. 

It's politics in Grand Cayman. There is a large contingent of folks that are against cruises, against the cruise port expanding, etc.  And there is another large contingent that wants the tourist money.

The pandemic has given the anti-cruise folks some good ammo.

I’ve been routinely looking to see when check in would be available for our November 7th cruise. The website always said “ we will email you when check in is available “. I never received an email and when I checked the site today, it said we were already checked in and had a check in time of 1:30-2:00. Did that happen to anyone else? 

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

That’s awesome!!

That is the first revenue sailing, correct? 

I assume they have boarding that early

since there is no traditional “turn around” that day. 

That’s what happened with Indy then after that noon or one became first group.  

• 3 weeks later...