20% off most cruises fares through 9/16

Jeremiah1212

On 9/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, dutchclogs said:

Wll this sale be further extended beyond 23 September?

On 9/22/2021 at 6:26 PM, Jeremiah1212 said:

Right now that looks pretty unlikely. During week 1 the new extended dates were made available internally several days before the first cut off date. That is not the case this time. 

Just seen that pricing is unchanged post -extension -- the 20% promotion is now linked with air fare reduction?  Looks like it will be here for a while.

2 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Just seen that pricing is unchanged post -extension -- the 20% promotion is now linked with air fare reduction?  Looks like it will be here for a while.

Reading the small print,   promotion now runs from 24 September to 1 November.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, hcat said:

Uh  oh.. thanks for the heads up on the FCC.  We plan on making a final payment early just to  make sure it is applied  correctly to final payment..along with BOA pts to further reduce that amt.  We have ship bd credit but will use it for excursions and spa if I go....

Received the refund to my CC this morning for the 20% off repriced cruise. It was pretty fast took 4 days to post.  I hope they don't cancel the cruise as its the first US sailing after the TA which was recently cancelled.

4 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

You are correct. The cruise fare reduction is through Nov 1.

The air deal is discounted  $100pp of for Caribbean/Alaska/Pacific Coastal, $300pp off for European cruises in economy and $700pp off business and first class on European sailings. I don’t see the list of gateway cities yet but it’s usually the big hubs…ORD, CLT, PHL maybe Atlanta. I’ll post if I see it this morning. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The air deal is discounted  $100pp of for Caribbean/Alaska/Pacific Coastal, $300pp off for European cruises in economy and $700pp off business and first class on European sailings. I don’t see the list of gateway cities yet but it’s usually the big hubs…ORD, CLT, PHL maybe Atlanta. I’ll post if I see it this morning. 

So if you don't do air, you can't get the discount, yes?  I know some friends who missed the sale because TA was on vacation and could not move fast enough.

21 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So if you don't do air, you can't get the discount, yes?  I know some friends who missed the sale because TA was on vacation and could not move fast enough.

No, the 20% off deal for the cruise fare portion is separate from the airfare offer. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You seem to know quite a bit about this stuff. I've always wondered why when Celebrity puts statements like this in their promotion T&C, the applicable of promotion in all actuality usually includes most previously booked bookings in the targeted cruising time frame rather than just those NEW bookings created during the defined "must be booked between" time period? Any ideas?

*Cruise Fare Savings Offer: Cruise must be booked between September 24 – November 1, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing October 26, 2021 to December 31, 2022 (“Sailing Period”) excluding Galapagos sailings and Alaska Cruisetours. 

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Any ideas?

I've always thought it is because there are so many bookings where the penalty for cancellation, if any, is far less than the price difference, such that it isn't worth the cancel/rebook hassle for those instances.

9 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

You seem to know quite a bit about this stuff. I've always wondered why when Celebrity puts statements like this in their promotion T&C, the applicable of promotion in all actuality usually includes most previously booked bookings in the targeted cruising time frame rather than just those NEW bookings created during the defined "must be booked between" time period? Any ideas?

*Cruise Fare Savings Offer: Cruise must be booked between September 24 – November 1, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing October 26, 2021 to December 31, 2022 (“Sailing Period”) excluding Galapagos sailings and Alaska Cruisetours. 

I'm not sure why they do that. It's a quirky system. I just looked at two of my own bookings that were booked way prior to today and they both have discounts applied on the initial air quote on the Celebrity site. But when I try to add the flight, the buttons to select a fare are all grayed out if the discount is applied. I can add the flights myself through the internal booking system. 

Occasionally if you call them directly they can also access different flights that don't populate on the initial search and their price will be much cheaper. 

It also looks like they are calling the 'gateway' city any departure city. In the past like on the Apex air deal, to get the advertised fares of $699 it had to be booked departing 4-5 specific airports. 

• Thanks 1

Just saw the airfare sale…but confused…when I go into manage reservation and try to book flights there is no discount but when I try to book a new reservation and get an airline quote there is a big discount. Do I need to rebook the reservation in order to get the airfare discount. It is also strange that the flights are available since the cruise is on September 3rd and flights generally available at 11 months.

20 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Just saw the airfare sale…but confused…when I go into manage reservation and try to book flights there is no discount but when I try to book a new reservation and get an airline quote there is a big discount. Do I need to rebook the reservation in order to get the airfare discount. It is also strange that the flights are available since the cruise is on September 3rd and flights generally available at 11 months.

The norm for most airlines is 330 days which would put you around Oct 8. And if booking a round trip, you would need to use the later return date to determine the 330 day window. As much as I am a proponent for doing things on your own, in this case I would wait a while then call if you don't see the discount reflected online.

3 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Unfortunately unlike the 20% promotion which could be applied to already booked cruises, the air fare promotion does not apply to booking made before today. 😞

That stinks…I guess I could cancel and rebook..it would save us another $1400 since we want to fly business class to Europe…

That’s exactly what we did.  There are 10 of us traveling on Celebrity Air in January. So we haven’t paid for the flights yet.  We called Celebrity and the agent was very helpful in canceling and rebooking our exact same flights (including our original seat assignments) for the lower fare showing online now. 

6 minutes ago, ev8876 said:

That’s exactly what we did.  There are 10 of us traveling on Celebrity Air in January. So we haven’t paid for the flights yet.  We called Celebrity and the agent was very helpful in canceling and rebooking our exact same flights (including our original seat assignments) for the lower fare showing online now. 

Did you cancel and rebook your cruise ? or did Celebrity Air rebook just your flights?  They were very firm that they could not apply the lower air fare to any cruise that was booked prior today.

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Did you cancel and rebook your cruise ? or did Celebrity Air rebook just your flights?  They were very firm that they could not apply the lower air fare to any cruise that was booked prior today.

I was about to ask the same question..I drove my TA nuts getting all my cruises adjusted to the new fares..I would hate for him to have to cancel and rebook again but $1400 is a lot of money. 

• Like 1

This is very interesting, since we don’t sail until 2022 and air fares are not yet available.  I guess in November when flights are available, we would need to cancel our booking and rebook with the reduced air fare.  But, probably by then, the 20% discount promo will have expired, so we’d lose that!  Guess we’ll just have to wait it out.  Thank you to everyone for letting us know how you’re managing your cruise and air bookings.  

4 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

This is very interesting, since we don’t sail until 2022 and air fares are not yet available.  I guess in November when flights are available, we would need to cancel our booking and rebook with the reduced air fare.  But, probably by then, the 20% discount promo will have expired, so we’d lose that!  Guess we’ll just have to wait it out.  Thank you to everyone for letting us know how you’re managing your cruise and air bookings.  

Just saw my email from Celebrity and the flight reduction promo must be on flights up to September 2022, so our cruise does not qualify anyway.  Oh well, at least we got the 20% discount,

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dutchclogs said:

Here is a link to the promotion: link

image.thumb.png.6f63a71b5ee7d365b15752731f1c33f9.png

Can anyone help answer this?  We are cruising with two other couples next year.  We booked direct through Celebrity -- they booked through Costco.  I have applied for the 20% reduction though the best price email.  Would they qualify as well?  Do they contact Costco or can they use the email too?

Thanks for your help!  🙂

-PugMommy

29 minutes ago, pugmommy said:

Can anyone help answer this?  We are cruising with two other couples next year.  We booked direct through Celebrity -- they booked through Costco.  I have applied for the 20% reduction though the best price email.  Would they qualify as well?  Do they contact Costco or can they use the email too?

Thanks for your help!  🙂

-PugMommy

If it's after final payment, they can subject the form to the RCCL address themselves and get OBC credited. If before final payment, the TA needs reprice it. 

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

No.  I only dealt with Celebrity Air and they rebooked our flights.  Cruise booking wasn’t touched.  

I have never had a reason to book with Flights by Celebrity but I had a few questions about 2 upcoming cruises. On my cruise booked 2 months ago FBC offered me these two options. Exact same flights. They do ask for your cruise reservation number. I am not to select these on the website so I'm not entirely sure they were supposed to sell me these tickets but they definitely did. I would try calling them directly. 

First Class:

Celebrity $561 (matches the website with discount) 

United $844 

Economy: 

Celebrity $306 (matches the website with discount) 

United $486 

On 9/24/2021 at 7:35 AM, Susanb10567 said:

The airfare sale is only for cruises booked during the promotion.  I was able to save $1400 on business class to Europe, my TA cancelled the cruise and rebooked for me while we were on the line with Flights by Celebrity