Chances of cash refund deposit under NRD?

tallnthensome

Just curious ...... We booked the Apex for April 2022 way back in January of 2020. It was indeed a $1000 NRD. It was for a family of four. Obviously a lot has changed since we booked. Anyone have any luck on a cash refund if we cancel versus a FCC or are we SOL? 

12 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Just curious ...... We booked the Apex for April 2022 way back in January of 2020. It was indeed a $1000 NRD. It was for a family of four. Obviously a lot has changed since we booked. Anyone have any luck on a cash refund if we cancel versus a FCC or are we SOL? 

We have tried in vain to get our NRD returned. They are adamant even though we were give wrong information when we booked.

• Like 1

Just now, Cg52 said:

We have tried in vain to get our NRD returned. They are adamant even though we were give wrong information when we booked.

To clarify we can get the FCC through CWC but the dates to book by and limitations on when we must sail by are less than acceptable to us.

• Like 1

In the UK we always lose our deposit, that's the norm no matter what cruise line we choose. ......... but surprise, surprise Celebrity issued us with a full deposit refund for our Nov 2021 cruise.  Don't ask how, as I was astonished .... pleasant surprise in these peculiar times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yea, kind of figured. I already have another cruise booked on another line for later in 2022 and for 2023 already so a FCC really does nothing for us so that is why I was inquiring .

I feel your pain.  We are cancelling a very expensive land/cruise trip on another.  cruise line as we feel the area isn’t safe.  The cruise line has said they are “assessing the situation”  and have cancelled all sailing up to this one on that ship.   Now final payment of $20k is due which we won’t pay. We will get a FCC for our $3700 deposit( less their cancellation fee)  but in all likelihood with other trips and family commitments we will be unable to use the FCC.  We have another cruise booked on this line but it’s outside of the time for using a FCC.  

We may still be on board the Apex in April and wife and I  did cruise last week on a another line but with two kids and the two day pre-testing limit beforehand it's getting a bit annoying. My wife and I did the three day antigen test at CVS and we hope that our insurance will continue to cover four antigen tests come next april. Don't feel like shelling out like $600 for tests if still in place to cruise. We will see, I was just curious. 

56 minutes ago, 39august said:

We also got 100% of our NRD back as FCC. No $100 fee deducted. I don't believe there is any way to get cash back.

We were told our booking wasn’t  eligible!
Fortunately since then we have used the FCC in lieu of deposit for our recent Staycation on Silhouette. I was surprised that we were even allowed to do that, as I had read that it was deducted from the final balance.

1 hour ago, 39august said:

We also got 100% of our NRD back as FCC. No $100 fee deducted. I don't believe there is any way to get cash back.

Under CWC you shouldn't see the $100/pp fee. 

40 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Currently under CWC the Cruise  must be booked by April,  2022 and sail by  September 30, 2022.  .  

We are booked on the April 16th Apex cruise and plan to be on board.

Or sail 1 year from the original sailing date - whichever is later.

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Under CWC you shouldn't see the $100/pp fee. 

Or sail 1 year from the original sailing date - whichever is later.

Do you happen to know if that policy is the same for Azamara?  We have. Land cruse package scheduled for Jan 22, 2022 would love to just Move the $ to same trip in 2023.  

On 9/12/2021 at 10:59 AM, jelayne said:

Do you happen to know if that policy is the same for Azamara?  We have. Land cruse package scheduled for Jan 22, 2022 would love to just Move the $ to same trip in 2023.  

Azamara was bought by Sycamore Partners. 

On 9/12/2021 at 12:59 PM, jelayne said:

Azamara's website does not show this update, but the TA portal shows the policy still matches Celebrity. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 4.05.04 PM.png

On 9/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, tallnthensome said:

We may still be on board the Apex in April and wife and I  did cruise last week on a another line but with two kids and the two day pre-testing limit beforehand it's getting a bit annoying. My wife and I did the three day antigen test at CVS and we hope that our insurance will continue to cover four antigen tests come next april. Don't feel like shelling out like $600 for tests if still in place to cruise. We will see, I was just curious. 

Check this link out...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2801583-can-i-cancel-october-cruise/