New Princess Sphere class ships?

big al

36 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Looking for a later sailing in May 2024 in a S4 Penthouse...could you advise the cost of the suite and what category?    Thank you - 

I know from previous comparisons that what we in pay in UK sterling is always way over what you would be paying in the States so it wouldn't help!

It does seem to share a few features that are at least somewhat similar to the P&O Iona: the "inset" and "bump out" cabin layout on the sides of the ship; the "bump out" for in the center of the ship, including the atrium; the covered "conservatory" (though in a different location); the general openness and glass in the atrium; and the cabana balcony cabins.

Hmm. Can't seem to get other pictures to load right now. Will try again later.

image.thumb.jpeg.d66d31637b1642b2f070e4ff2330d7fd.jpeg

Iona.jpg

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

19 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

You're welcome.  Hope you can see them on the Princess website.  I still can't.

No, its not. You have to call in. Any, I have to say, they don't know much about it either. 

14 minutes ago, capriccio said:

There is some confusion on the timing.  I know the email we received yesterday (as elites) read:

Just call 1-800-PRINCESS. Select cruises open for sale today (Thursday, 9/15) at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT for Elite members and 3 p.m. ET/noon PT tomorrow (that would be today) for everyone else. Princess Captain's Circle® members enjoy $100 off.

Thank you. I can confirm they are bookable right now but you have to call in.

21 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Thank you. Im getting conflicting info as some are saying at 3pm ET today. And the Princess agents don't seen to know LOL

14 minutes ago, capriccio said:

There is some confusion on the timing.  I know the email we received yesterday (as elites) read:

Just call 1-800-PRINCESS. Select cruises open for sale today (Thursday, 9/15) at 6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT for Elite members and 3 p.m. ET/noon PT tomorrow (that would be today) for everyone else. Princess Captain's Circle® members enjoy $100 off.

The info I shared was from an email sent to TAs last night and it came from the VP of North American sales.  I didn't get the Elite booking email so I didn't see the other info.  As usual confusion reigns at Princess!

• Thanks 1

I will try to keep the editorializing to a minimum (though those who respond to this should feel free to weigh in on whether any of this is good or bad.)  Instead, I’ll just provide the data derived from studying the published deck plan.  A couple of caveats.  I could not get Deck 11 to load, so there are assumptions built in as to which category of cabins are on that deck.  I am probably close, but don’t hold me to these exact numbers.  I know that they are not 100% accurate.  Second, since the deck plan is brand new, it could change over time.  With that, here are the statistics of the cabin classes which reveal what percentage of the passengers on board will be sailing with exclusive privileges and special access to certain areas and benefits, and what percentage of passengers will not have access to those areas and benefits.  Also, I don’t know exactly what additional benefits will come with “Signature” or “Reserve” status.  But from what has been revealed so far, we can assume that it includes certain dining options, lounging areas and pool(s).

TOTAL CABINS = 2115

·         INTERIORS = 454 (6 Singles)

·         OCEANVIEWS = 180 (All in the O2 and O3 categories.  There does not seem to be an O1 category.)

·         DELUXE BALCONY = 1032 (All Balconies are considered “Deluxe". There is no such thing as a “regular” Balcony.  And 96 are categorized as “Premium” though this designation confers no extra benefits.  It relates only to balcony size and location.  Also, the Balconies are very inconsistent in terms of cabin size and balcony size if the deck plan is drawn to scale.  Moving “down” in category class can result in booking a really large balcony if you don’t mind being far forward.  Also, 100 of these Balcony cabins have "Cove" balconies, cut out from the steel structure of the ship just like the previous Sun Princess.)

·         MINI-SUITES = 388  (138 of these are Cabana cabins, and of those, 78 come with “Reserve” privileges which appear to include access to a private open deck in addition to the cabin’s own cabana.  In addition, 136 non-cabana Mini-Suites are categorized as “Reserve” cabins which include whatever area access and benefits that title confers.  114 Mini-Suites have both no cabana and no extra benefits.)

·         SUITES = 61 (Of these, 24 are “Signature Suites” which are cabins that are equal to or smaller in size to Mini-Suites.  They are essentially cabins that are the size of the smallest Mini-Suites but are conferred “Signature” status which appears to provide the exact same privileges of all other Suites.  Think of them as really small Suites, or Mini-Suites with better privileges.  None of the Suites are wake-facing, though the deck plan seems to suggest private open deck space there that is intended to be shared among all of the Suite occupants.)

All in, there are:

·         61 (3%) of cabins that are classified as “Signature” status cabins; and

·         214 (10%) of cabins that are classified as “Reserve” status cabins.

So 3% of the passengers will have full access to all amenities on board; 10% will have elevated, but not full access to all amenities on board, and 87% of the passengers will have no extra benefits and will be precluded from accessing certain areas, venues or benefits.  Some will see this as a good development while others will view this as a turn for the worse.

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I will try to keep the editorializing to a minimum (though those who respond to this should feel free to weigh in on whether any of this is good or bad.)  Instead, I’ll just provide the data derived from studying the published deck plan.  A couple of caveats.  I could not get Deck 11 to load, so there are assumptions built in as to which category of cabins are on that deck.  I am probably close, but don’t hold me to these exact numbers.  I know that they are not 100% accurate.  Second, since the deck plan is brand new, it could change over time.  With that, here are the statistics of the cabin classes which reveal what percentage of the passengers on board will be sailing with exclusive privileges and special access to certain areas and benefits, and what percentage of passengers will not have access to those areas and benefits.  Also, I don’t know exactly what additional benefits will come with “Signature” or “Reserve” status.  But from what has been revealed so far, we can assume that it includes certain dining options, lounging areas and pool(s).

TOTAL CABINS = 2115

·         INTERIORS = 454 (6 Singles)

·         OCEANVIEWS = 180 (All in the O2 and O3 categories.  There does not seem to be an O1 category.)

·         DELUXE BALCONY = 1032 (All Balconies are considered “Deluxe". There is no such thing as a “regular” Balcony.  And 96 are categorized as “Premium” though this designation confers no extra benefits.  It relates only to balcony size and location.  Also, the Balconies are very inconsistent in terms of cabin size and balcony size if the deck plan is drawn to scale.  Moving “down” in category class can result in booking a really large balcony if you don’t mind being far forward.  Also, 100 of these Balcony cabins have "Cove" balconies, cut out from the steel structure of the ship just like the previous Sun Princess.)

·         MINI-SUITES = 388  (138 of these are Cabana cabins, and of those, 78 come with “Reserve” privileges which appear to include access to a private open deck in addition to the cabin’s own cabana.  In addition, 136 non-cabana Mini-Suites are categorized as “Reserve” cabins which include whatever area access and benefits that title confers.  114 Mini-Suites have both no cabana and no extra benefits.)

·         SUITES = 61 (Of these, 24 are “Signature Suites” which are cabins that are equal to or smaller in size to Mini-Suites.  They are essentially cabins that are the size of the smallest Mini-Suites but are conferred “Signature” status which appears to provide the exact same privileges of all other Suites.  Think of them as really small Suites, or Mini-Suites with better privileges.  None of the Suites are wake-facing, though the deck plan seems to suggest private open deck space there that is intended to be shared among all of the Suite occupants.)

All in, there are:

·         61 (3%) of cabins that are classified as “Signature” status cabins; and

·         214 (10%) of cabins that are classified as “Reserve” status cabins.

So 3% of the passengers will have full access to all amenities on board; 10% will have elevated, but not full access to all amenities on board, and 87% of the passengers will have no extra benefits and will be precluded from accessing certain areas, venues or benefits.  Some will see this as a good development while others will view this as a turn for the worse.

Turn for the worst. More venues and locations are becoming upcharge, whether by a daily charge or higher cost staterooms. Perhaps Princess should be calling these ships "Money Class" instead of "Sphere Class".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tkiemo said:

Slowing getting back to the times of 1st class passengers and then all others. It was bound to happen.

Yep. Celebrity ruined cruising for me by going to the class system. Other cruise lines have done the same. It's inevitable that Princess would also move towards catering to the wealthy and the expense of those of us on budgets. 

6 minutes ago, c-boy said:

I did hear a statement that there are twenty different dining venues. I'm good with the new approach taken. Curious about final deck plans.

That's actually dining AND bar venues. And most of them will be extra cost. There will not be any additional included-with-the-fare dining venues. 

Edited by SantaFeFan

5 minutes ago, tkiemo said:

Slowing getting back to the times of 1st class passengers and then all others. It was bound to happen.

We do not mind paying for additional and upgraded services.  We always fly FC so there is no reason we should not have access to that level of service on a cruise ship too.   Like the way Princess is innovating.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SantaFeFan said:

Yep. Celebrity ruined cruising for me by going to the class system. Other cruise lines have done the same. It's inevitable that Princess would also move towards catering to the wealthy and the expense of those of us on budgets. 

well now hold on there, This is one in a fleet of sixteen, option abound. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, c-boy said:

I did hear a statement that there are twenty different dining venues. I'm good with the new approach taken. Curious about final deck plans.

I think in the presentation they stated 29 different dining venues. However, someplace (?) else I read that it was 29 different restaurants and  bars. Including the bars in that count makes it a totally different thing....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

We do not mind paying for additional and upgraded services.  We always fly FC so there is no reason we should not have access to that level of service on a cruise ship too.   Like the way Princess is innovating.

I'm wondering if there will be an concierge lounge ?

• Like 1

Just now, Princessfan20 said:

Then why not cruise on luxury cruise lines instead of wanting the mainstream lines to carve out areas exclusively for you? It's fine for you because you can afford it. It's absolutely not fine for those of us who have to save for a cruise and will now be banned from more areas of a ship to satisfy you. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

I will try to keep the editorializing to a minimum (though those who respond to this should feel free to weigh in on whether any of this is good or bad.)  Instead, I’ll just provide the data derived from studying the published deck plan. 

Where are you seeing the deck plan?  I can't find it on the Princess website.

Thanks,

2 minutes ago, c-boy said:

well now hold on there, This is one in a fleet of sixteen, option abound. 

It's the direction they are going. As they add more of these class system ships, they will be eliminating the smaller, less revenue generating ships. The Grand class' days are numbered, I'm afraid. 

• Like 1