Mini-suite or Vista Suite?

Guest Snaxmuppet

Guest Snaxmuppet

This is proving to be a tough one for us. We have read the details about each, read the benefits of having a full suite and we do understand the benefits/differences, yet we can't decide.

We are on Sky BTW. We have booked a mini-suite deck 14 R414 which is midships with a larger balcony. The Vista suite is at the front on deck 17 S112 so it is right at the front and 3 decks higher up. So we get the suite experience but we would be much further away from most locations on the ship and have to contend with a front, high cabin and all that means should we hit rough seas.

The Vista suite is £600 ($825) per person extra.

I realise this is so very much personal preference so I aren't really looking for advice... just your thoughts and experience that might help us decide.

TIA

For us, we would go with R414, due to the balcony being deeper. We have never stayed in a suite of any kind, because we prefer aft cabins with the larger balconies (they are not all the same size). We do this even if the cabin is on an older ship and does not have a loveseat.

Also, S112 is below the Sanctuary which would be similar to being below a pool deck, but most likely not as irritating with potential noises. So, it is really what is important to you.

I often look up "images" online of the ship and look at the outside to see if a cabin would be to our liking.

I’ve had an aft corner Vista suite and loved the location and space, bathroom, large balcony it was on the Dawn Princess, so different then the Sky 

I prefer a deluxe balcony midship. Would go for decks Caribe or Baja 

never had a forward cabin as I’ve heard can be windy & balcony may not be used at times 

To me the Vista suites on the Sky don’t look like suites at all. From the pictures I’ve seen the layout looks like a bigger balcony cabin or mini suite cabin. I’ve not sailed in one, but if it were me I’d definitely take the mini suite on Riveria deck and save the money. The only Vistas I’d take are those aft on the grand class ships.

Regardless of which one you choose I hope you have a great voyage. It’s nice to be sailing again!

Most importantly, a mini suite is not a full suite.  I was switched from a Grand Window Suite to the Regal forward suite (C101) to the Sky Vista Suite.  Although Princess considers each an upgrade, I found that each assignment was worse than the last.  I am currently booked on the Sky S111 (Vista Suite S6).  I am thinking of cancelling this voyage.  The stateroom "looks" more like a mini-suite with no true division between the living area and the bedroom.  It is also way too forward and high for my liking.  

My opinion holds little water since I am not a fan of the Royal Class ships.  I would listen to those that have experience with the Sky.

Guest Snaxmuppet

Lots of good comments. Thanks.

We are still deciding but I think that we may stick with then mini-suite as we don't consider that the cabin is a huge upgrade and I don't go up in the grade of cabin if it is just for the benefits. 

In terms of location and closer access R414 is the better choice. R414 comes with no special amenities. R414 is not a Club Class mini suite. By booking S112 you will receive all of the full suite amenities including Club Class Dining, special full suite breakfast, concierge lounge which I believe has a no charge evening happy hour and other benefits. S112 will be very private. The balcony will be narrow, about 4 ft deep and about 13 ft long. For us, if money isn't the issue, full suite benefits outweigh the angled balcony mid ship. Assuming they are available you may wish to compare R414 to Club Class mini suites on decks 11, 12 & 14 as well as all the way forward on decks 15 & 16. 

52 minutes ago, skynight said:

In terms of location and closer access R414 is the better choice. R414 comes with no special amenities. R414 is not a Club Class mini suite. By booking S112 you will receive all of the full suite amenities including Club Class Dining, special full suite breakfast, concierge lounge which I believe has a no charge evening happy hour and other benefits. S112 will be very private. The balcony will be narrow, about 4 ft deep and about 13 ft long. For us, if money isn't the issue, full suite benefits outweigh the angled balcony mid ship. Assuming they are available you may wish to compare R414 to Club Class mini suites on decks 11, 12 & 14 as well as all the way forward on decks 15 & 16. 

I am trying to find out more about S111 (full suite).  Thank you for the dimensions.  From your descriptions, S111 is 13 feet wide verses the normal 9 foot standard cabin width.  I do see it is deeper because of the layout of the suite bathroom.  A Grand Window Suite width is 16'9".  In your opinion, is the set up/floor plan similar to a mini suite or more like a full suite?  Not concerned about suite amenities.  Concerned about location and cabin space.

Guest Snaxmuppet

Looking at this again I think for me yes, I would like full suite benefits but it would depend very much on the price. At the moment the full suite is about $800 dollars each extra for this 14 night cruise so I am still on the fence. Right now I am not changing and I will wait to see what the prices do. It it gets down to nearer $500 each extra I might do it.

19 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I am trying to find out more about S111 (full suite).  Thank you for the dimensions.  From your descriptions, S111 is 13 feet wide verses the normal 9 foot standard cabin width.  I do see it is deeper because of the layout of the suite bathroom.  A Grand Window Suite width is 16'9".  In your opinion, is the set up/floor plan similar to a mini suite or more like a full suite?  Not concerned about suite amenities.  Concerned about location and cabin space.

Don't know. Cabin is not as wide as the penthouse suites on deck 14, but is deeper. 

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

I don't see anything on Sky called a Vista Suite.  Do you mean the Club Class?

Look at cabin S110 on Sun Deck... it is a Vista Suite Category S6

image.png.c1bdc34cb0831e17daa79a215124282c.png

image.png.e2c4bb3cc2b3746779f8896248b7f557.png

I love the perks of 'suite-life' but in this case, there's no way I'd pay more for a Vista Suite on the Sky Princess.  Go for the midship club class mini-suite and enjoy your beautiful stateroom and amenities included. 

After sailing on the Island Princess in a true Vista Suite I was surprised to see Princess design boxy rooms like the above poster shows in pictures.  AND what really brings the value down for me is the very small balcony you will get, very narrow...no thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triptkr said:

Ah, my mistake.  I would still go for the mini-suite as it looks to have a larger angled balcony.   

The Sky is a beautiful ship!  Enjoy!

We are big fans of Vista suites on Grand Class ships but the one on the Sky does not sound like the same setup

3 hours ago, Snaxmuppet said:

My mini-suite is not club class unfortunately 😞

We had a balcony and got bumped to a mini-suite.  Comparing it to the club class I don't see enough benefit to bother.  We're happy to experience the increased size since we are booked in one on Sky for a TA in 2023.  We also have a family cruise in 3 mini-suites on Caribbean in 2/22.