Is $47 day (plus tips) a good price for Deluxe Beverage Package

tbmrt

It got down to $50.00 pp pd precruise for Ovation sailing last week.  That was the best I saw it in almost two years of booking the cruise.    The final onboard offer was 40.00 pp pd but you certainly cant count on that.  47.00 is a good price with little chance of going lower, even during a "sale"  

Royal has such an interesting way of pricing these.  I have a B2B on the Brilliance next September/October.  Both cruises on the same ship.  Both 7 day cruises.  So just one week apart.  

The Deluxe Beverage Package is $53 on the first cruise and $61 on the second cruise.  I wonder what is different between the 2.  The first starts in September and the second starts in October, so maybe it's calendar-based.  Who knows.  I'm not biting yet.  LOL

Bought at $47 a few weeks ago and it went up to $53 afterwards. Now back to $47. Tampa sailings seem to have the lowest price for the deluxe drink package. Always a consideration to get the total cost for a cruise if you want the package. Not easy to do as the drink package price is not shown until after you book.

Edited by coaster

7 hours ago, tbmrt said:

I saw it at much higher yesterday.

Tx

Yes, I'd grab it at that price and watch for better.  On Serenade last month I had bought it on sale at $47.  One sale it dipped to $44 and I nabbed it.  That was the only time I saw it that low.  Otherwise it bounced between $47 and $52 for 3 months.

12 minutes ago, Cruiser0987 said:

Wondering if anybody has seen it on sale for more than 30% off. We are not sure when to buy for our October 16 symphony cruise. We are Canadian so prices right now are $77 a day.

That's apx. 60 USD right now.  With as little time as you have left between now and your cruise, if you have value at that price, I'd nab it now.  If it drops you can cancel and rebook otherwise you'll be paying more later or once you board the ship.

Yesterday on our cruise on the Wonder next March was $67,00. Today it's $58.00. If it goes to $47.00, I'd probably bite even though I'm diamond and get 4 free drinks per day. I drink more than my wife, so it's a balancing act if it's even worth while.