Vaccination Card with 3rd dose booster

9 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We will know the answer in three days when we board Allure with three doses listed on our vaccination cards.

I had listed 3rd dose also already as the date. Just second guessing myself. Will be getting on Sunday 10/10. I’m just so stressed out with this & getting tested tomorrow. It’s taking the excitement out of preparing for a long awaited cruise. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

We had a third shot last month. When we checked in, the agent checked with a supervisor and used the date of our second dose. 

Was the date that you put in on RCL app for the 3rd dose?

I would use the second dose date since they have guidelines as to when, how close together, the shots are to be given.  If you give the booster date, that will be out of their required time range.

• Like 5

The wording is tricky, so I'm glad someone has asked.  Looking forward to seeing others experience.

How far in advance of my cruise do I need to be vaccinated?  

In order to be considered fully vaccinated, a guest must have received their last dose in their vaccine series no less than 14 full days before their sail date. The 14-day period starts the day you get your last dose — that’s Day 1. After 14 days pass, you can get onboard on Day 15. For example, if you received your final dose on September 1st, your 14-day countdown starts on September 1st, and you would be permitted to board the ship on September 15th or later.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

The wording is tricky, so I'm glad someone has asked.  Looking forward to seeing others experience.

In order to be considered fully vaccinated, a guest must have received their last dose in their vaccine series no less than 14 full days before their sail date. The 14-day period starts the day you get your last dose — that’s Day 1. After 14 days pass, you can get onboard on Day 15. For example, if you received your final dose on September 1st, your 14-day countdown starts on September 1st, and you would be permitted to board the ship on September 15th or later.

The wording isn’t tricky at all. You are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or the first dose of J&J. 
Why are we trying to over complicate this?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sandc4e said:

The key word here is SERIES. The booster is not part of the series, but an extra dose given to those who qualify.

So, the two shot series are from Moderna and Pfizer, the single shot (series, for lacking a better word) is J&J. 

Easy peasy. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, matt1 said:

The key word here is SERIES. The booster is not part of the series, but an extra dose given to those who qualify.

So, the two shot series are from Moderna and Pfizer, the single shot (series, for lacking a better word) is J&J. 

Easy peasy. 😎

Do you think I should go back into app & re-enter the 2nd dose then or just leave it as is 3rd dose listed?

6 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Do you think I should go back into app & re-enter the 2nd dose then or just leave it as is 3rd dose listed?

If it allows, yes. Otherwise it should be fine, as long as the date you entered is within the criteria window that the cruise lines list as having had your “last dose”. 

😁

Edited by matt1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

I had listed 3rd dose also already as the date. Just second guessing myself. Will be getting on Sunday 10/10. I’m just so stressed out with this & getting tested tomorrow. It’s taking the excitement out of preparing for a long awaited cruise. 

They couldn't care less right now about boosters.  You should have just listed the date of your second shot and kept it simple....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, matt1 said:

If it allows, yes. Otherwise it should be fine, as long as the date you entered is within the criteria window that the cruise lines list as having had your “last dose”. 

😁

3rd dose was 9/22/21 which would be 18 days before getting on ship 10/10. 

Well, I'm thinking it's the second vaccine shot, too.  

I called the State of Hawaii's Safe Travels hotline to ask just this question yesterday, because they state you have to be 15 days past your last shot.  I explained that if the Moderna booster is approved after the meeting mid-October for the Feds to discuss it, I will probably get it about 2 days before I fly to Kauai.

She said they are interested in the second vaccine shot, not the booster (yet).  I think they are all focusing on the vaccine because the boosters are just starting to roll out.  

Also, everyone who is checking is more concerned about people being fully vaccinated rather than boostered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

3rd dose was 9/22/21 which would be 18 days before getting on ship 10/10. 

If you quit thinking of it as a 3rd dose, and call it for what it is - a booster shot - then it’ll be clearer to you.

The series that you apparently received had only two doses: 1st dose and 2nd dose. Then you received a booster shot. Yes, that’s a third shot. But not what the cruise lines are looking for.

They’re more concerned that you have completed your two-shot SERIES. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

They couldn't care less right now about boosters.  You should have just listed the date of your second shot and kept it simple....

But it shows 3rd dose on vaccination card. 

14 minutes ago, matt1 said:

If you quit thinking of it as a 3rd dose, and call it for what it is - a booster shot - then it’ll be clearer to you.

The series that you apparently received had only two doses: 1st dose and 2nd dose. Then you received a booster shot. Yes, that’s a third shot. But not what the cruise lines are looking for.

They’re more concerned that you have completed your two-shot SERIES. 

OK I will go in & try & change then. 

• Like 1

Thank you all. Went in & think i was able to change. When you first access check-in then go down to vaccination nothing that I previously entered shows up so I just entered all vaccination info again with 2nd dose date. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Thank you all. Went in & think i was able to change. When you first access check-in then go down to vaccination nothing that I previously entered shows up so I just entered all vaccination info again with 2nd dose date. 

There you go!!

I think it asked about final dose or something similar so we put the booster dose date. Pretty sure either would be fine, but since our last dose was in September it seemed appropriate to use. They have the photo, they can see all doses if they have questions.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1