Cruises you love to do but the $$$

I have started to browse cruising websites. I just got this feeling (maybe its wishful) that things might be returning soonish.

Ā 

Anyway, purpose of this thread is I came across this cruise. Looks fabulous itinerary. But lots of $$.Ā  About 7K per person.Ā 

Ā 

Does anyone else have any itineraries they love to do but they go BUT . . .

Ā 

apt-sky-28oct21.jpg - ozcruising.com.au

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, there are some itineraries which I would like to do but I do not want to spend that amount of money when it could be spent doing 2 or 3 other itinerariesĀ for the same cost

Paul Guaghin cruises in Tahiti is oneĀ example.

That another on my wishlist bucket too.Ā 

A full world cruise. We'd love to do it on Cunard but that would mean flying to and from the UK, so extra cost on top of the fares which are expensive enough as it is. However we might be able to do the Princess one in aĀ few years. Here's hoping!šŸ¤ž

Ā 

I'd also like to spend a couple of months cruising the Greek Islands and the Dalmation Coast but for that sort of trip we'd need to charter a luxury yacht. Unfortunately we're not that rich! šŸ˜ŖšŸ¤£

• Like 1

Hi

Ā 

i have booked a few for next year.

Ā 

we are getting on and have missed two years of cruising.

Ā 

we are booked on NCL around Japan in April , previously booked on Celebrity for this one but they cancelled. Ā  I hear today the Covid is Japan has decreased very rapidly.

Ā 

we are also doing a B2B (only 7 days each) in Croatia in June, on Azamaraā€™s new ship. Ā Ā 
Ā 

you need something to look forward to.

Ā 

eileen

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Antarctica - did a 7 day trip with this company last summer - because we'd spent no travel budget on anything else - this is probablyĀ  going to beĀ  my "only got 6 months to live - make sure the funeral cheque bounces" cruiseĀ https://www.heritage-expeditions.com/destinations/antarctica-travel/ross-sea-cruise/Ā 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A full world cruise. We'd love to do it on Cunard but that would mean flying to and from the UK, so extra cost on top of the fares which are expensive enough as it is. However we might be able to do the Princess one in aĀ few years. Here's hoping!šŸ¤ž

Ā 

I'd also like to spend a couple of months cruising the Greek Islands and the Dalmation Coast but for that sort of trip we'd need to charter a luxury yacht. Unfortunately we're not that rich! šŸ˜ŖšŸ¤£

I'm eying up one of these - not too bad I thought for a weekĀ https://www.sail-croatia.com/croatia-cruises/explorer-cruisesĀ 

1 hour ago, Cruisers47 said:

you need something to look forward to.

Agreed, we had 8Ā cruises booked in 2020Ā and 2021 prior to Covid.

They have all been cancelled and with the resulting credits booked new cruises for as late as we could have at the time, late 2021 and 2022. We have had a few more ofĀ those cancelled as well. Now we still have 7 cruises, one river cruise in MarchĀ 2022, 2Ā ocean cruises for November 2022 and the rest into 2023.

Hoping all of these can proceed as planned.

6 minutes ago, lissie said:

I'm eying up one of these - not too bad I thought for a weekĀ https://www.sail-croatia.com/croatia-cruises/explorer-cruisesĀ 

I think Pushka, who pops in here occasionally, did one of those a few years back. She said it was great.

Ā 

What I want though is to be able to stay at each place for a few days then move on to the next which is why I said I'd need to charter a yacht!šŸ¤£

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snoopkat said:

Any of the Silversea cruises.Ā 

We have booked Silver Shadow's Bali to Sydney Christmas/New Year cruise for 2022, I thought the pricing was keen considering the brand and the package that was on offer.....

5 hours ago, icat2000 said:

I have started to browse cruising websites. I just got this feeling (maybe its wishful) that things might be returning soonish.

Ā 

Anyway, purpose of this thread is I came across this cruise. Looks fabulous itinerary. But lots of $$.Ā  About 7K per person.Ā 

Ā 

Does anyone else have any itineraries they love to do but they go BUT . . .

Ā 

I did a cruise very similar to this about 20 years ago on a boat called Kangaroo Explorer, but only one way from Cairns to Thursday Island. Not luxury, but very comfortable. Fabulous itinerary with about ten passengers.

Ā 

It doesn't run any more. On my last trip up there I found the Kangaroo Explorer tied up at the Cairns Marina looking very neglected and forlorn. ā˜¹ļø

Ā 

MV Trinity Bay is a cargo ship that does the same route, but due to covid is not taking passengers at the moment.

Ā 

3 hours ago, lissie said:

Antarctica - did a 7 day trip with this company last summer - because we'd spent no travel budget on anything else - this is probablyĀ  going to beĀ  my "only got 6 months to live - make sure the funeral cheque bounces" cruiseĀ https://www.heritage-expeditions.com/destinations/antarctica-travel/ross-sea-cruise/Ā 

Fabulous. I'm just looking at that site. What some wonderful trips.

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

Of all of them, this one is probably the most possible; if itā€™s an OS itinerary. šŸ˜‰

Ā 

The river cruise is in SA on the Murray, we were supposedĀ  to do it 2 weeks ago but had to postpone it due to lockdowns/ border closures. The rest of them are all overseas, Europe and Asia where cruises are already occurring.

Two for usĀ 

May, 2022 Brissie to the islands including Fiji on Pacific Encounter

( Doubtful ).

October, 2022. Brissie to Brissie, 28 nighter circumnavigating around Aussie on Coral Princess.

( More Likely ).

PS. Something to look forward to.šŸ‘

Ā 

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The river cruise is in SA on the Murray, we were supposedĀ  to do it 2 weeks ago but had to postpone it due to lockdowns/ border closures. The rest of them are all overseas, Europe and Asia where cruises are already occurring.

In that case - that will happen. We did the 7 day cruise on Murray Princess plus Kangaroo Island this July. Brilliant cruise!!

20 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

What I want though is to be able to stay at each place for a few days then move on to the next which is why I said I'd need to charter a yacht!

Ā 

We did Croatian Islands via ferry. A poor man's luxury yacht cruisešŸ˜‚. We got a few hours cruise and got to stay on the islands for a few days.Ā 

There is a cruise that starts in NZ and goes along the length of the Antarctica coast to end up in Ushuaia. Only runs once a year and very $$$šŸ¤‘. The secondĀ one I would love to do is a Northwest Passage cruise and the third is actually becoming more financially with in reach thanks to some new companies in the market so a Congo River cruise maybe in my future after allšŸ¤—. The real killer for me in all these cruises are the single supplements. Nearly equal the cost of the cruises puts it further out of reach for mešŸ˜”.Ā 

Edited by ilikeanswers

5 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

There is a cruise that starts in NZ and goes along the length of the Antarctica coast to end up in Ushuaia. Only runs once a year and very $$$šŸ¤‘. The secondĀ one I would love to do is a Northwest Passage cruise and the third is actually becoming more financially with in reach thanks to some new companies in the market so a Congo River cruise maybe in my future after allšŸ¤—. The real killer for me in all these cruises are the single supplements. Nearly equal the cost of the cruises puts it further out of reach for mešŸ˜”.Ā 

Ponant are doing a Ushuaia to NZ cruise next year and then back again NZ to Ushuaia.

Someone posted here about a Hapag Lloyd cruise from Ushuaia to NZ this season too.

I think quite a few companiesĀ do it now, as interest is increasing.

We are currently booked on the Ross Sea Antarctica trip from Dunedin, but if (when) it cancels we will swap to either a Northwest or Northeast Passage.