Oct 20 2021 survey - Entertainment

MNgardens

We only received the “Entertainment” survey so not sure on the criteria.

However, I hope Azamara’s new owners don’t feel they need to change all aspects of their offering.  We love Azamara for what it is, not for what it could be.

Regards

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

The good thing, IMO, is that they're asking their customers.  I hope AZ actually makes changes based upon some of the received input.

Yes it says to me they are moving forward to when they really separate from the giant organisation and are testing/reconfirming their direction. Whilst we can find little glitches sometimes in their surveys recently they have all been so much more professional and better thought through/tested than the rubbish we got a few years ago. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MNgardens said:

Would it be unethical for me to post the link?

For a survey's results to be statistically valid, the study design has to be followed.  We don't know how the potential survey participants were chosen. It could be: every nth name, people who have not cruised with Azamara for 3 years, people who are frequent cruisers, people who are at a certain level in the "loyalty" program, and so forth.

So it wouldn't be unethical, but it certainly would mess with their results. Of course, posting here reaches a small fraction of Azamara cruisers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have no idea what the criteria for receiving this survey is.  I am Discoverer Plus and have two Azamara cruises booked.  However regular contributors will know that it is something of a lottery whether one receives any Azamara emails.   I have been off the list, on  the list, off the list again etc etc.  Certainly havent received any emails, of any kind, recently.

You can check with Loyalty to make sure you are on this lists still.  As Tgg says there will be a sampling frame and sometimes you are in it and sometimes you are not.  We went a long time not being in surveys so it does happen.  But it would be good to check the emails are functioning  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I have no idea what the criteria for receiving this survey is.  I am Discoverer Plus and have two Azamara cruises booked.  However regular contributors will know that it is something of a lottery whether one receives any Azamara emails.   I have been off the list, on  the list, off the list again etc etc.  Certainly havent received any emails, of any kind, recently.

Same here, except I have 5 cruises booked. Sometimes I get timely notifications and sometimes 5 days after they were available. If "they" only knew I always have an opinion to share, they would always send me a survey.

Edited by PirateWife
incomplete sentence

I didn't expect to receive the survey since I have yet to sail with Azamara.  I am sure that as they separate from the giant organisation I will lose my Discoverer Plus designation.  We have 4 cruises booked but the first is not till July. 

I hate canned music too. I would have been all over the harp and wish they had kept it.  Celebrity got rid of it too.

• Like 2

One more vote for bringing back the harpist.  The music was lovely and we got to try to play the harp. Where else would I ever have had a chance to feel what it's like to play a harp?  Just holding it gave me new appreciation for harpists.

Harp music also greatly added to the ship's ambience.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tgg said:

One more vote for bringing back the harpist.  The music was lovely and we got to try to play the harp. Where else would I ever have had a chance to feel what it's like to play a harp?  Just holding it gave me new appreciation for harpists.

Oh my goodness, you got to play the harp?  I didn't want to say it in my post, but I play the harp and it is the most difficult thing I have ever attempted in my life.  I didn't take it up till I was 45 and I think it is an instrument you need to start learning when you're 5!!  I now have arthritis in my fingers and I haven't played it much in the past year.  I want to get back to it as it is too beautiful an instrument to sit there quietly gathering dust.  I supplied the harpist on Celebrity with a bunch of music she didn't have.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tgg said:

Another vote to bring back the harpist.  Mary Amanda 's talk about playing the harp was so interesting and to then let us have a go and finding it needed so much strength gave us much more appreciation of her playing.  She was full of travel knowledge and a joy to chat with.

• Like 4

On 10/23/2021 at 9:51 AM, MNgardens said:

Would it be unethical for me to post the link?

If anyone follows your link it will say you've already completed the survey. It's specifically, individually tracked.

I wanted to alter my survey to include the harpist but that is the message I received.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

1 hour ago, Mrs Miggins said:

The link was not posted so even those, like me, who did not receive it cannot make our views known.

The email I had was personal to me and included my name, Azamara Circle loyalty level and the number of points I have, so I'm not sure posting a link for others to use would work. The link took me to Surveymonkey. 

Phil 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The email I had was personal to me and included my name, Azamara Circle loyalty level and the number of points I have, so I'm not sure posting a link for others to use would work. The link took me to Surveymonkey. 

Phil 

It won’t work if you have responded and as it has your level you could impact on the analysis if someone of another level takes it over. 

I am glad the surveys are targeted as that will give Azamara a far more representative and accurate response than the previous scattergun approach. Their research seems much more professional now. Very rarely will an organisation ask everyone who has ever interacted with them in a survey. 

I’m expecting there will be future surveys that look interesting to me and I’d like a say but  I will not be invited to participate in. 

There’s nothing to stop people emailing in views to LCV if they feel there’s something they have to say. 

As the surveys are more targeted these days it could be that who received it depended on responses to previous surveys.

We didn’t rate entertainment as a high priority in a previous survey and we didn’t receive this one, so it makes sense.

• Like 1

Thanks to @tgg for explaining about the design of the survey and potential for disrupting the results.

For people's future reference, I was able to reopen the survey from my email. It started back at question 1 and I could have filled it out again.

I don't have any future cruises booked. I wonder if they are trying to figure out how to market to my demographic so that I would want to put a deposit down.

And in case Azamara are lurking here - Yes to a harpist!  My daughter played the harp for many years. It was always lovely to hear her practicing and we really missed it when she went off to college. It is a very soothing sound. At a nearby zoo a harpist plays for the gorillas, chimps, and other primates and they clearly listen.