Oasis, Harmony and Odyssey all at Coco Cay 11/29/2021

PEBBarney

Just letting anyone on these ships sailing on 11/28 to be prepared for these three ships at Coco Cay.

I'm not real excited about this, as I figure there will probably be close to 10k people on Coco Cay that day.  Yes, I know the island was designed to handle up to 12k passengers, but that was pre-Covid.  Kind of surprised Royal would do this in the current cruising environment, but it's all about the $$$.

Was prepared for Oasis and Odyssey (both still at limited capacity), but when Harmony's itinerary was changed from Labadee to Coco Cay, that add another 3k+.

Have only been to Coco Cay once since the expansion and that was on a full Symphony trip in Nov 2019.  There still was plenty of room at that point.  Was really looking for to seeing the island again, now not so much.

We're on the Oasis.  Cruise planner shows us still shows going to Coco Cay on the 29th.

Here's 2 port schedules, which both still list all three there on the 29th.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/coco-cay-port-392?tab=schedule&month=2021-11#schedule 

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcococaybahamas-29nov2021.html

We'll see, but I expect the ships won't be 100% full.  We're going on a b2b and at CC both weeks so we may have to make a decision based on numbers and crowds.  Not because of Covid but because I can't walk really far with a knee issue and don't want to deal with dodging people if I don't have to.  

Edited by BND

We are on the Oasis that week...just checked and only 2 ships are scheduled to be there on the 29th... The Harmony is in Nassau the 29th.

Should be OK with just 2 ships.

Edited by robandana

7 hours ago, robandana said:

We are on the Oasis that week...just checked and only 2 ships are scheduled to be there on the 29th... The Harmony is in Nassau the 29th.

That's the old schedule. We're on the Harmony that week and the new schedule has us at CocoCay on the 29th.

Sun

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

5:00 PM

Mon

Perfect Day at CocoCay

7:00 AM

Tue

Nassau, Bahamas

3:00 PM

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Costa Maya, Mexico

9:00 AM

Fri

Cozumel, Mexico

6:00 PM

Sat

Cruising

Sun

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

6:00 AM

My guess after digging around a little more is that Oasis and Harmony will be at Coco Cay on the 29th. 

Not expecting Odyssey, as their itinerary (still original) shows Grand Cayman and Falmouth, which we know won't be happening either.  So not expecting them at Coco Cay either.  Expect them to go to Nassau as only the Serenade is scheduled there for the 29th.

19 hours ago, PEBBarney said:

We're on the Oasis.  Cruise planner shows us still shows going to Coco Cay on the 29th.

Here's 2 port schedules, which both still list all three there on the 29th.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/coco-cay-port-392?tab=schedule&month=2021-11#schedule 

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcococaybahamas-29nov2021.html

Both of those websites also show only Freedom there on the 28th, but it has been announced that the 11/27/21 Allure sailing will be there (itinerary dropped Puerto Plata and St. Kitts and changed to Coco Cay and San Juan).  

So don't take those websites as gospel -- they don't know what Royal knows.

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sure it is as lot of kids have off from school that week.    

a lot of kids have the Thanksgiving week off, but not the week after that. What would be the purpose of having the next week off?

We can only sail during the TG week because that's the only fall break public schools in my district get.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Just now, renza said:

Kids in the U.S. do not have the week after thanksgiving off. Never. Not a holiday week

37 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

a lot of kids have the Thanksgiving week off, but not the week after that. What would be the purpose of having the next week off?

We can only sail during the TG week because that's the only fall break public schools in my district get.

This is the exact reason we did book for this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, renza said:

Kids in the U.S. do not have the week after thanksgiving off. Never. Not a holiday week

My school district the kids have off day before Thanksiving and go back to school the following Wednesday.     So pretty easy to take the kids out of school for another 3 days to go on a family cruise instead of doing the week of Thanksgiving.   

9 hours ago, PEBBarney said:

My guess after digging around a little more is that Oasis and Harmony will be at Coco Cay on the 29th. 

Not expecting Odyssey, as their itinerary (still original) shows Grand Cayman and Falmouth, which we know won't be happening either.  So not expecting them at Coco Cay either.  Expect them to go to Nassau as only the Serenade is scheduled there for the 29th.

I checked the Odyssey roll call yesterday and not one mention of any changes to their itinerary.

11 minutes ago, BND said:

I checked the Odyssey roll call yesterday and not one mention of any changes to their itinerary.

May not have been announced yet, but doesn't mean it's not happening. We JUST had our 11/27 Allure changed yesterday, and they've known for ages that the pier wasn't ready in Puerto Plata.

Same for my 12/12 Jewel sailing... still lists Grand Cayman, which we've known all year isn't going to happen.

3 minutes ago, brillohead said:

May not have been announced yet, but doesn't mean it's not happening. We JUST had our 11/27 Allure changed yesterday, and they've known for ages that the pier wasn't ready in Puerto Plata.

Same for my 12/12 Jewel sailing... still lists Grand Cayman, which we've known all year isn't going to happen.

Our itinerary change for 28 Nov was made a couple of weeks ago.  Yeah, GC is not happening.

20 hours ago, robandana said:

Harmony in Coco Cay on the 29th.  Odyssey not based on a few travel sites I looked at. I’m on Harmony that week. 

10 minutes ago, wayne_trisha said:

Harmony in Coco Cay on the 29th.  Odyssey not based on a few travel sites I looked at. I’m on Harmony that week. 

I just went to crew center and looked at their port schedule and it's not correct.  It show us on Harmony 28 Nov on 4 Dec which is the old schedule.  It just shows Odyssey and Oasis on 29 Nov.  We won't know until we get there as the port schedules are just not correct with all the changes.

1 minute ago, BND said:

I just went to crew center and looked at their port schedule and it's not correct.  It show us on Harmony 28 Nov on 4 Dec which is the old schedule.  It just shows Odyssey and Oasis on 29 Nov.  We won't know until we get there as the port schedules are just not correct with all the changes.

I just did a quick check and three place show all three ships on the 29th.  Glad I bought Coco Beach club passes before they disappeared. 

1 minute ago, wayne_trisha said:

I just did a quick check and three place show all three ships on the 29th.  Glad I bought Coco Beach club passes before they disappeared. 

I just checked cruise mapper and it shows all three on the 29th, sigh.