Another “LIVE from the Edge” thread??? Yes it is…….

mac_tlc

Just what we need …. Another LIVE from the Edge thread.😜.

We leave on the 10/30 sailing this Saturday, but I thought I would start the thread a little early to document our journey to FL and the COVID testing     part of the trip. We leave tomorrow (Thursday) from Bradley Airport in CT, with a mid afternoon flight. We have appointments at a local CVS at 9am for a rapid antigen test for my wife and me. We did this before our September Oasis cruise and it worked well. If for some crazy reason those appointments are cancelled, we have backup appointments in Orlando for Friday. If tomorrow goes off without a hitch we will immediately cancel those appointments. This will be our first time flying since December 2019, can’t say I’m excited about it but it has to be for this trip. 

This will be our fourth cruise since the restart. We have done the Edge on 7/31, Allure on 8/15, Oasis on 9/18 and now the Edge again. Originally, we were on the Harmony of the Seas transatlantic from Barcelona on 10/31, in fact we would have flown to Barcelona tonight. Didn’t feel comfortable with that long a flight and then spending three days in Spain, so we changed plans. 

We will fly down tomorrow and spend a day+ at our house in Orlando. We are renting a car and will drive to the port Saturday morning. 

Our only expected excursion is to Nachi Cocom in Cozumel, other than that we stay on the ship. 

I will try to answer any questions, so fire away!!!!

mac_tlc

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, NBliving said:

Looking forward to your live blog! How early were you able to schedule your CoVid tests?  And are they the rapid test? 
thanks!

CVS, at least in our area and FL, opens up reservations for a particular day 13 days prior. I knew we needed the test no sooner than the 28th, so I booked the appointment on the 15th, in the morning. I then booked the backup FL appointments for the 29th on the 16th. I find CVS’s times/availability/locations to be very good. Just go to cvs.com. 

They are the rapid antigen tests. When we did them in September, we got the results in about 30-40 minutes. 

We will take the test at 9am tomorrow, and then grab some breakfast and head to the airport. Will get the results by text and in our cvs account, then print them out when we get to FL.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

4 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

CVS, at least in our area and FL, opens up reservations for a particular day 13 days prior. I knew we needed the test no sooner than the 28th, so I booked the appointment on the 15th, in the morning. I then booked the backup FL appointments for the 29th on the 16th. I find CVS’s times/availability/locations to be very good. Just go to cvs.com. 

They are the rapid antigen tests. When we did them in September, we got the results in about 30-40 minutes. 

We will take the test at 9am tomorrow, and then grab some breakfast and head to the airport. Will get the results by text and in our cvs account, then print them out when we get to FL.

mac_tlc

How much is the rapid antigen at CVS?

We are in a Sky Suite on deck 10. We were in one in July and really loved it. Probably will go to Luminae most nights, although we have a reservation for Petit Chef on Day 2. We were going to do Eden but decided to wait until our January Apex cruise since the Apex Eden menu is different and has more choices. We have never done Petit Chef so we are looking forward to it. 

Have some "move-up" bids placed on an RS and EV but do not expect anything to happen with them. There are still about 30 suites (S1, S2, S3) available --- I bet some folks may get some upgrades if they placed bids. 

We have a 12:30 boarding time and plan to be there around 12 noon. Will be driving down Saturday morning and dropping off the rental car then onto the shuttle. 

mac_tlc

13 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We are in a Sky Suite on deck 10. We were in one in July and really loved it. Probably will go to Luminae most nights, although we have a reservation for Petit Chef on Day 2. We were going to do Eden but decided to wait until our January Apex cruise since the Apex Eden menu is different and has more choices. We have never done Petit Chef so we are looking forward to it. 

Have some "move-up" bids placed on an RS and EV but do not expect anything to happen with them. There are still about 30 suites (S1, S2, S3) available --- I bet some folks may get some upgrades if they placed bids. 

We have a 12:30 boarding time and plan to be there around 12 noon. Will be driving down Saturday morning and dropping off the rental car then onto the shuttle. 

mac_tlc

See you on board!

• Like 1

Hi I am booked on a celebrity cruise end of November.  When do they check your results and your vaccination proof?  Is it at check in and usually the results are in an email.  Do you just show the email and your vaccination card?

Negative test results for both of us!!!!

We had a rapid antigen test at CVS this morning at 9 and 9:15. Negative results sent about 30 minutes later. So, onward to the airport for our afternoon flight. We also cancelled our backup appointments for tomorrow.

In response to the questions, I can rely our experiences this past few months. In our prior three cruises since restart, they have asked to see the vaccination card and test results multiple times. The first cruise in July I think they checked them three or four times. 

We have always had a printed copy of the test results but my daughter used the version on her phone. They check the result, name and date the test was taken.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2

After an uneventful flight we arrived in Orlando on time. Found out my “move-up” bids were not accepted. I expected that as the categories I bid on haven’t had availability for a while. 

Tomorrow is packing day. Then a drive south on Saturday. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

Glad for another "live" from Edge! Thank you for posting your cruise experience. We sail in February so I am interested in pre planning needed tests. Anyone think the requirements will change in the coming months.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise and look forward to following your adventure!

• Thanks 1

Well it looks like the lovely lady has made it back home !!!

05B361A6-1484-4C04-B297-961801CD3253.jpeg

We will be heading south from Orlando to the Port in about an hour or so! Can’t wait to board and head to Cafe Al Bacio!!!

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 3

Looking forward to your live review. The 9/4 sailing of the edge was our first cruise since allure in 2/2020.  Tempted to try rccl again in December but the edge provided us such a close to pre covid vacation as possible, not sure rccl would. 

Was the mask wearing on allure more than just hallways, elevators, get to destination and then take off?

have a great cruise