purchase wifi package ahead

orangeglitter

16 minutes ago, BlackJack2 said:

Quick Question:  Why does HAL charge more, per day, for shorter cruises?  For example, the price per day for a 14-day cruise is $15.71 (Premium Pkg), but the price per day for a 25-day cruise is $12.  

Not sure but it’s one of the advantages of being on a longer cruise. 😉 

20 minutes ago, BlackJack2 said:

Quick Question:  Why does HAL charge more, per day, for shorter cruises?  For example, the price per day for a 14-day cruise is $15.71 (Premium Pkg), but the price per day for a 25-day cruise is $12.  

Cabanas are the same. They sell for ranges of dates...7-12 days for example, with the daily average being cheaper for the longer cruise.

20 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes, but you can only purchase the Premium package.  The price of Premium pre cruise is very similar to the price of the mid range Surf package when onboard.558737719_internetpricing10_19.png.ff9b6542ab3e1ddfe5667cb3208c6c1c.png

Thanks for this very helpful chart! Just to clarify, are these the prices if purchased while onboard? I just looked at one of my 10 day sailings and HAl's website is saying $143.99 for (precruise) Premium package. 

5 minutes ago, HALrunner said:

Thanks for this very helpful chart! Just to clarify, are these the prices if purchased while onboard? I just looked at one of my 10 day sailings and HAl's website is saying $143.99 for (precruise) Premium package. 

two quick things. That chart is from a very long time ago and is for on board purchase but no one has produced a newer version and the prices have tracked so far. The other is that when HAL started offering WiFi purchase in advance it was only for the premium level and was priced between the on board Social and Premium levels.

22 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes, but you can only purchase the Premium package.  The price of Premium pre cruise is very similar to the price of the mid range Surf package when onboard.558737719_internetpricing10_19.png.ff9b6542ab3e1ddfe5667cb3208c6c1c.png

please stop posting these wifi prices; they are not up to date.  HAL seems to be pricing however they want depending on each cruise, not based on a chart in my experience.

Edited by 12cruise2

55 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

please stop posting these wifi prices; they are not up to date.  HAL seems to be pricing however they want depending on each cruise, not based on a chart in my experience.

And what has wifi been priced at, based on your experience?

Post up to date prices or quote your experience and do not tell me what not to post.

• Thanks 2

I'm not going to quote what I've paid; suffice it to say that no chart was offered or displayed when purchasing as it used to be pre-covid.  HAL is charging/has charged a huge amount for 7 days internet in Alaska and a smaller amount than that for 21 days through the Panama Canal and yet another amount for 14 days in the Caribbean--with no rhyme nor reason nor logic as to what they are doing.  It's not on par with what they charged before covid.  I couldn't even get anyone to quote the price for pre-cruise purchase versus purchasing it the first day on board and for surf versus premium.  They are playing a shell game and it's inaccurate to post a chart of costs as this bears no resemblance to what they are doing today, after covid.

After reading this thread today, I decided to go ahead and prepay for the Premium package on our upcoming December cruise. I have never purchased a plan before but having it included on our Viking Ocean cruise this past Summer (still not a Viking Ocean fan though!) found it useful. The cost for the seven-day cruise is $111.99.

And I pre-purchased the premium internet package for 14 days for our Nov. 13 NA cruise, which was the only price/package offered in the advance purchase, for $174.95 for this cruise and pre-purchased another $174.95 for the 14-day cruise following it on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 12cruise2 said:

And I pre-purchased the premium internet package for 14 days for our Nov. 13 NA cruise, which was the only price/package offered in the advance purchase, for $174.95 for this cruise and pre-purchased another $174.95 for the 14-day cruise following it on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Thanks for sharing! I'm doing a back to back for a total of 21 days. I'm hoping when I call ship services tomorrow they will quote a better price for the full 21 days than the 10 & 11 day segment internet packages that are currently listed on my HAL account.

As a point of reference, we originally had booked a lido cabana for 11 days at $399. Later, when we added the second 10 days (for back to back) the charge was $549 total for the 21 days. Seemed like a steal to get the cabana for the second sailing for just $150 more! Foolishly optimistic that I'll have a similar experience with the internet packages! 

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

The cost for the seven-day cruise is $111.99.

20% discount for pre purchase from the prices on the 'old' price list.  For some reason I thought it was 15% discount for pre purchase.

You did well!

15 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

9 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

We paid $299.99 for the Premium package on the Eurodam in September 2021 - 24 day cruise.  We did not prepay, but purchased the first day onboard.  

Which just happens to be the price on the chart that was provided. Might be that it is still correct.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We paid $169.99 for 24 days of Surf on Eurodam in October.  As a 5-star mariner, we got, I think, $30 off, so it would have been $199.99 ordinarily.  It even continued into the morning we disembarked, I don't remember that happening in the past.   It was not the greatest internet, some days it didn't seem to work - usually when we were in a port, which was a lot of ports!   Then, at the end it seemed no one on board of the Canadians could submit their ArriveCan form, even the Front Desk said they couldn't do it.  In the airport it took 5 seconds...

21 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We paid $169.99 for 24 days of Surf on Eurodam in October.  As a 5-star mariner, we got, I think, $30 off, so it would have been $199.99 ordinarily.  It even continued into the morning we disembarked, I don't remember that happening in the past.   It was not the greatest internet, some days it didn't seem to work - usually when we were in a port, which was a lot of ports!   Then, at the end it seemed no one on board of the Canadians could submit their ArriveCan form, even the Front Desk said they couldn't do it.  In the airport it took 5 seconds...

Thank you.  I had forgotten about the 5 star discount.  Good information on the airrive can app too.

17 hours ago, BlackJack2 said:

We paid $299.99 for the Premium package on the Eurodam in September 2021 - 24 day cruise.  We did not prepay, but purchased the first day onboard.  

Thanks.  That perfectly matches the chart that @VMax1700and others have posted (including myself 😉) So far from what I’ve seen it still seems to be quite accurate.