Changing cabin onboard

weregoingcruising

I was accepted for a move-up offer and would like to change to a different cabin. I’m thinking of going to guest relations as soon as we board to see if this is possible. One complication is we’re on a btb in the same cabin and wonder if they would be able to move us on both cruises. We would only want to do the move if was to the same cabin on both cruises. Does anyone have experience trying this?

Why don’t you call Celebrity to inquire about changing cabins now?  I would hate to get onboard and be disappointed because someone else called and grabbed that cabin.  I know the wait times to call Celebrity can be challenging, but if you really want that cabin, it would be worth it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

I was accepted for a move-up offer 
. We would only want to do the move if was to the same cabin on both cruises. 

If I’m understanding correctly you submitted a Move Up bid and it was accepted.

Under the T & C’s of Move Up once your bid is accepted your card is charged and  there is no option to decline the move.

Have you considered paying to upgrade on the 2nd leg to the  new cabin you now have for the 1st leg.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ummm... guess we should be sure.  Did you apply for and receive a MoveUp for BOTH legs of your B2B?

Yes and was able to be assigned same cabin for both cruises.  I know the cabin we want is currently open for both legs. I realize the cabin we want is a $70pp upgrade per cruise from current cabin.  I'm willing to pay it if that's the upcharge when get aboard. Since the cruise is only days away I don't want my TA involved. I will monitor cabin availability as long as I can. I appreciate all the info everyone offered.

4 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Yes and was able to be assigned same cabin for both cruises.  I know the cabin we want is currently open for both legs. I realize the cabin we want is a $70pp upgrade per cruise from current cabin.  I'm willing to pay it if that's the upcharge when get aboard. Since the cruise is only days away I don't want my TA involved. I will monitor cabin availability as long as I can. I appreciate all the info everyone offered.

Isn’t that what you’re agent is for and why he/she gets the commission… I did this a couple of days before a cruise recently but not sure if it’s the same situation as we were moving within the same category? 

good luck whatever route you take 🤞🏻

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Usually, when Celebrity knows you have booked through a TA - other than with a move up - they will make you process a change in cabin through your TA rather than directly with Celebrity since the TA is getting a commission from Celebrity.

If you have your heart set on a particular cabin on both legs, then I suggest you first lock in the cabin by going online and getting a free 24-hold on that cabin for each leg.  Then give your TA a call and have him try for the change.

8 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Your decision of course, but if currently only $70pp to upgrade, why the heck are waiting until you board??

On 11/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, weregoingcruising said:

You won a bid using the Move Up program for two different cruise and Celebrity assigned you the same cabin for both cruise?  That was certainly very nice of Celebrity.

You now want to further upgrade both of your cruises.  I have no experience with that situation and I kind of doubt whether anyone else has ever had the same situation.  Any reason that you did not bid for the higher level cabin using the Move Up bid?  I assume the bidding process was not that detailed.  

There may be some confuses around the “cost” to upgrade.  Historically  the difference between the current price of two different categories was not the price for buying an upgrade.  The price was calculated from the price you paid for the existing cabin and the prevailing rate for the upgraded cabin.  The difference in the prevailing rate was always irrelevant.  With this a lot of us have had experience.

I would think that the personnel on board a ship would not have the ability to upgrade a cabin for the next different cabin. Current cruise, yes.  Next cruise in advance?  I doubt it.

As many others have suggested, IMO you should have your TA do some work and find out how much it would cost.  I suspect it would not be $70.

Obviously you will be happy with you current cabin if you are not successful.

How were ere you able to assure yourself that you would win two separate bids?  Or did you just upgrade without using the Move Up bidding process?  Are you just using move up as a generic term for upgrading by paying a set price?

Best of luck,