MDR open for lunch the day you board?

jhsocal

2 hours ago, jhsocal said:

With these later assigned boarding times, is MDR open and is it open later than 1:30

3 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I was surprised to find the mdr was not open period for lunch on embarkation day.  I was on from the week prior.  I hope this isn’t another thing hal maintains the customers don’t want 🙄.

HAL changes CEOs.  Yet, the inconsistency of cruise product experience does not seem to change in some areas.  

Edited by rkacruiser
  • Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 6:00 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

I was surprised to find the mdr was not open period for lunch on embarkation day.  I was on from the week prior.  I hope this isn’t another thing hal maintains the customers don’t want 🙄.

After checking our survey data, we have found that customers don't want to go to the MDR on embarkation day. When volumes return we will consider offering a $50 special embarkation package where you can get on at 11:30 and have a sit down lunch. 

• Haha 5

25 minutes ago, zgscl said:

After checking our survey data, we have found that customers don't want to go to the MDR on embarkation day. When volumes return we will consider offering a $50 special embarkation package where you can get on at 11:30 and have a sit down lunch. 

I hope they have chocolates and crackers on the menu 🤪😛

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I hope they have chocolates and crackers on the menu 🤪😛

No, but we will be launching a new promotion, "Have it All, And then Some" which will include towel animals, crackers and chocolates on your pillow every night. Available for $295 per person above the exiting Have it All rate based on a 7 night cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 11/16/2021 at 6:00 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

… I hope this isn’t another thing hal maintains the customers don’t want 🙄.

(I’m having issues typing in the text box) Will that include complimentary fresh flowers, surf ‘n turf, chilled soups, baked Alaska, cappuccinos after dinner, an Indonesian Tea, a Dutch Chocolate Extravaganza, cooking demos with samples, crafting classes and computer workshops? 😀😉

9 hours ago, zgscl said:

No, but we will be launching a new promotion, "Have it All, And then Some" which will include towel animals, crackers and chocolates on your pillow every night. Available for $295 per person above the exiting Have it All rate based on a 7 night cruise. 

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

we will consider offering a $50 special embarkation package where you can get on at 11:30 and have a sit down lunch. 

I love it!!!!

All the Club Orange folks cannot wait to sign up for this "exclusive experience"!!!!!  

4 minutes ago, KAKcruiser said:

I don't know if you can believe anything the people in the office say.  It really depends on the ship.

I agree - one thing about HAL - no consistancy by ship.  We just have to wait and see, but I sure hope it is open, as I like to start our cruise this way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shanni-shanni said:

I just spoke to Guest Relations and the lady said the MDR will be open when we board @ 1.20pm on the Rotterdam on Dec. 22, 2021.

Tom

The lady thought you asked  "Will lunch be available when we board?"  And that answer is always YES.  

And off you will go to Lido/DiveIn/NYPizza/DutchCafe....I would not count on the MDR being open.

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FlaMariner said:

The lady thought you asked  "Will lunch be available when we board?"  And that answer is always YES.  

And off you will go to Lido/DiveIn/NYPizza/DutchCafe....I would not count on the MDR being open.

I specifically asked if the MDR is open, not will lunch be available.

The lady actually left to ask someone else who knows.

Tom

Edited by shanni-shanni
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, shanni-shanni said:

I just spoke to Guest Relations and the lady said the MDR will be open when we board @ 1.20pm on the Rotterdam on Dec. 22, 2021.

Tom

Tom, Thanks for your post and for a sliver of hope.  Like you, we love going to the MDR for embarkation day lunch.  When I noticed our 1 P.M. boarding time, I too called Seattle to inquire about the MDR being open.  The person I spoke with said he doubted the MDR would be open, but would not totally commit to it being closed. 

When I asked if he could check with a supervisor or if I could be directed to a department who might have the information, he said he was giving me the best current information.  Should the MDR be open, we'll be happily surprised, but we aren't holding our breaths.  I am unsure where we'll eat because I normally avoid the Lido anyway due to food allergies.  Maybe I should pack a lunch.  LOL. 

• Like 1