Flights by Celebrity

jshli

I booked a round trip flight on Flights by Celebrity, flying on United from Newark to Venice and returning on Air Canada from Rome to Newark.

Although my payment isn’t due until final payment, I received seating on the United flight immediately.  I realize that I will not be able to get seats on my return flight at least until I pay for the ticket, and there will be a charge if I want advance seating but when I go into their website, I can see my reservation but it says I have to go to my travel agent for assistance. I am now concerned that I will not be able get advance seating selection

in advance, even after payment. Can anyone clarify this?

Rather than starting a new thread can someone tell me the advantages of using Flight by Celebrity?  We only need one way fares next November from Ft Lauderdale to NYC because we’re on a repositioning cruise. 

16 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Rather than starting a new thread can someone tell me the advantages of using Flight by Celebrity?  We only need one way fares next November from Ft Lauderdale to NYC because we’re on a repositioning cruise. 

Check the pricing by using FBC and booking directly with a favorite airline.  Also you may be able to find a direct flight on your own as opposed to possibly a layover using Celebrity.  You'll need to do your own comparisons.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Usually, FBC shines with international flights vs domestic in terms of pricing.

Yet, check to see if your itinerary is reasonable or not or the same price.

bon voyage

• Like 2

I recently booked a March cruise through my TA.  For the first time, I am considering using Flights by Celebrity to delay paying the air fare since there is a chance that we might end up cancelling the cruise.  

When I go to the Flights by Celebrity website to shop for flights, I noticed that I actually cannot book anything since the "SELECT" button is grayed out on any flight I look at (photo).  Is this because I have to go thru my TA to book a flight thru Celebrity?

image.png.5773f4d80242867c6a1e69e62829cc8f.png

Thanks for all your responses.
I booked through FBC because the fare was less than half the cost of  booking directly through the airline.  I am hoping the nonstop flight from Rome to Newark becomes available, otherwise this is a good backup plan.

I called Air Canada at 3:00AM this morning, was on hold for over 2 hours and they confirmed that once my reservation is ticketed, I can call them and I will be able to select seats (with a fee).

• Thanks 1

Booking this way creates a few quirks due to the way tickets are held and paid for. For example if you purchase an international Premium Economy ticket on American, you get a complementary Main Cabin Extra seat on your domestic legs. For some reason FBC does not recognize this and until the reservation is actually ticketed, Celebrity can only put you in the free economy seats on the domestic legs. AA can make the change on their end but would charge $50/pp to make the selection for you. 

54 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I recently booked a March cruise through my TA.  For the first time, I am considering using Flights by Celebrity to delay paying the air fare since there is a chance that we might end up cancelling the cruise.  

When I go to the Flights by Celebrity website to shop for flights, I noticed that I actually cannot book anything since the "SELECT" button is grayed out on any flight I look at (photo).  Is this because I have to go thru my TA to book a flight thru Celebrity?

I always book cruises with a TA, but book my air online with FBC with no problems. 

• Like 1

I always try and book my air through Celebrity/cruise line.  Typically the prices are cheaper and they look after rebooking flights should the need arise.

However, we have a cruise booked on Apex in April from Ft Lauderdale.  There is a return flight at 11:20am but I am unable to book this flight online or with a rep from Celebrity because it is before 11:30am.  

We just returned from the Apex and were at the Airport at 8:15am.  We can easily make an 11:20am flight (barring any unforeseen circumstances).  So for this cruise I will book our Air directly with the airline.

14 hours ago, mahdnc said:

No, you do not need to use your TA to book a flight with Celebrity Air.  Did you select a guest when you processed this request?

On 11/22/2021 at 7:44 AM, Bo1953 said:

Usually, FBC shines with international flights vs domestic in terms of pricing.

Yet, check to see if your itinerary is reasonable or not or the same price.

bon voyage

Where FBC really shines is when you use multiple airlines internationally on multiple city itineraries. Before our Greek cruise was canceled this year Athens to Venice, we booked on Delta to Athens and home from Venice on American in business class. There was no way we could match FBC fares on our own, and when the cruise was canceled after final payment, we got our money back from FBC, which might not have happened if we booked on our own. The other advantage these flights were changed 3 times after we booked and all it took was a 10-minute phone call to FBC to get them fixed. One time I tried calling Delta and was told there was a 14 hour wait time, and FBC was about 10 minutes.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

No, you do not need to use your TA to book a flight with Celebrity Air.  Did you select a guest when you processed this request?

Good question.  Yes, I have tried all combination of guest selection for the 3 of us with no success.  The Flights by Celebrity website requires you to select the dates as well as the guests before it will search for flights.

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Good question.  Yes, I have tried all combination of guest selection for the 3 of us with no success.  The Flights by Celebrity website requires you to select the dates as well as the guests before it will search for flights.

I have no idea why you are having problems, have you tried calling FBC?

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I have no idea why you are having problems, have you tried calling FBC?

No, not yet.  But I will probably do it today after I run some errands.  I figure it has to be some kind of user error--but this user cannot figure out what that error is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mahdnc said:

No, not yet.  But I will probably do it today after I run some errands.  I figure it has to be some kind of user error--but this user cannot figure out what that error is.

Neither can this user.  I assume you tried, one guest, just in case they have limited availability?

Do you have the same issue if you pick other options.  

As you probably know, those are not very good prices especially for premium economy.   AA has one way first for less than those prices. (of course I did not know your exact dates)  Do you see any prices for AA?

I have been able to book FBC on line even though my cruise was booked with a TA, so for that part I am confident.
  I always figure that I will be flying somewhere, so I just take advantage of the current liberal change policies being offered with direct bookings.  (For domestic flights).  
I recently changed/cancelled an international FBC flight after the final payment and it cost me a $200 a person fee.  This was even though the airline allows free cancellations for flight credit.

Let us know what you find out.

Good,Luck

Edited by jagoffee

On 11/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, jshli said:

Thanks for all your responses.
I booked through FBC because the fare was less than half the cost of  booking directly through the airline.  I am hoping the nonstop flight from Rome to Newark becomes available, otherwise this is a good backup plan.

I called Air Canada at 3:00AM this morning, was on hold for over 2 hours and they confirmed that once my reservation is ticketed, I can call them and I will be able to select seats (with a fee).

With Air Canada, you have to pre-pay your air fare with Celebrity before you can select seats.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, truckswain said:

I always try and book my air through Celebrity/cruise line.  Typically the prices are cheaper and they look after rebooking flights should the need arise.

However, we have a cruise booked on Apex in April from Ft Lauderdale.  There is a return flight at 11:20am but I am unable to book this flight online or with a rep from Celebrity because it is before 11:30am.  

We just returned from the Apex and were at the Airport at 8:15am.  We can easily make an 11:20am flight (barring any unforeseen circumstances).  So for this cruise I will book our Air directly with the airline.

Went through this a few times with FBC....I stressed I would be responsible if we didn't make the flight.  I'm assuming they made a note somewhere on my booking.

On 11/22/2021 at 9:28 AM, mahdnc said:

Instead of logging into your booking, on the main cruise page key in the cruise you'll be taking and note lower right on the page "Flights/Itinerary"....at that point do a dummy flight request...you'll get all the info you're looking for.  I do this often when comparing X with my preferred airline.

image.thumb.png.ce0d406a18ab23013d9c5f0352aec62f.png

22 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Neither can this user.  I assume you tried, one guest, just in case they have limited availability?

Do you have the same issue if you pick other options.  

As you probably know, those are not very good prices especially for premium economy.   AA has one way first for less than those prices. (of course I did not know your exact dates)  Do you see any prices for AA?

I have been able to book FBC on line even though my cruise was booked with a TA, so for that part I am confident.
  I always figure that I will be flying somewhere, so I just take advantage of the current liberal change policies being offered with direct bookings.  (For domestic flights).  
I recently changed/cancelled an international FBC flight after the final payment and it cost me a $200 a person fee.  This was even though the airline allows free cancellations for flight credit.

Let us know what you find out.

Good,Luck

I see you provided must more detail on the other thread about this same topic.

Just ignore this one has it is too late to delete.