We’re Baaaaack!!! Live from the Regal Princess- B2B2B- 11.24.21 to 12.9.21

TracieABD

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Hope all is well my friend!

much better now ... actually very fortunate in that when checking on one " thing ", another " thing" was discovered in a very early stage, so that was good, all done for now with only follow ups

a lot to be thankful for, and return to cruising will come in due time

All good, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours ... and also to all on this cruise ...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your cruise.  Will be following along.  My DH and I won't be cruising until March, 2023 on the Emerald, but it's nice to have something to look forward to.  How is the Westin?  We are going to be staying there before our 2023 cruise.  Congratulations on your wedding.

3 hours ago, jwattle said:

Looking forward to following along with everyone!! 🥂

2 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

Looking forward to following along on your next adventure.  Have a great time!!  Meredith

Thank you so much! I can’t tell you how stinking happy I am!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

much better now ... actually very fortunate in that when checking on one " thing ", another " thing" was discovered in a very early stage, so that was good, all done for now with only follow ups

All good, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours ... and also to all on this cruise ...

I will keep you in my heart...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clutchcurrier said:

Enjoy your cruise.  Will be following along.  My DH and I won't be cruising until March, 2023 on the Emerald, but it's nice to have something to look forward to.  How is the Westin?  We are going to be staying there before our 2023 cruise.  Congratulations on your wedding.

Thank you... It will be here before you know it. 

We are at the Westin in N. Ft. Lauderdale, not to be confused with the Westin with beach access. The hotel is nice, but they are definitely not fully up to speed. 

2 hours ago, greenie082756 said:

<----- following

Our first cruise back is not until next April. It will have been 27 months since we got off our last cruise.

Thanks for sharing!!

I can’t believe how long it has been... it is surreal. I am glad you will be getting back out there!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kb4683 said:

Thanks @TracieABD for doing this.  We will be boarding Regal as you depart (12/4) 😁  It's been 24 months and 3 days (but who's counting) since we were last on a ship and we can't wait!

We will wave!!!! And I promise to leave the ship in great shape for you!

• Thanks 1

November 23, 2021

Day 2

A Quick Lap Around South Florida

Hi friends-

One hundred and seventy four pounds of luggage...174 POUNDS OF LUGGAGE!!! And you just know we forgot a critical item. Of course we did...

So we got up this morning with a plan to schlep it up to Boca to get said item. We were gifted coffee and pastry in the lobby, a perk that comes with Jon’s status. Only the espresso machine was not functioning. I sort of felt like those parents who can never get their kids ice cream at McDonalds because the machine does not work. Ugh. Just ugh. In defense of the Westin, there was a guy working on it- he was paddling as fast as he could, but he could not get it going. We gave up the ghost and headed 11 miles north to the Town Center Mall (TCM).

Honey! Hide the credit card! The TCM has some nice stores... I mean really nice stores- Jon scored some coffees whilst I purchased the forgotten item- and then he drank coffee- as I took a lap. Did I mention that there were some nice stores?!?! I inflicted very little damage, and after a couple of hours, we headed back down the interstate. 

We made a quick stop at a store to buy cases of water and a few sundries that we did not want to pack. By this time, we were both pretty hungry- hangry, actually.

Jon found a nice Thai restaurant for us and I had the best Nam Sod ever. It was delicious, fast, and reasonable— the golden triangle of an A+ establishment. 

And now we are settled into the hotel. Probably for the evening. We are just marking time until... EMBARKATION TIME!

Thank you for following along...

Anyone want to help attach the luggage tags?!?! 

More later,

Tracie-Lynn

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

We made a quick stop at a store to buy cases of water and a few sundries that we did not want to pack.

you might want to check the NEW carry on beverage policy for Princess.  It's changed from pre-Covid, if you were planning on taking those 'cases of water' on board

sorry

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

you might want to check the NEW carry on beverage policy for Princess.  It's changed from pre-Covid, if you were planning on taking those 'cases of water' on board

sorry

Oh no!   I can’t find the policy… but shoot!

3 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

I can't either right now ... but it's been reported here that 12 bottle limit per person, and it must be in carry on, not checked with a luggage tag... also, plastic bottles "may" also be prohibited

hopefully someone else will respond

5 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

In the passage contract that was changed for Covid and the relevant verbiage is below - although I haven''t heard anyone say that it's been enforced yet.

image.png.6cc2ea6350efd2c35fa2602acc29d0e6.png

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I can't either right now ... but it's been reported here that 12 bottle limit per person, and it must be in carry on, not checked with a luggage tag... also, plastic bottles "may" also be prohibited

hopefully someone else will respond

12 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

In the passage contract that was changed for Covid and the relevant verbiage is below - although I haven''t heard anyone say that it's been enforced yet.

image.png.6cc2ea6350efd2c35fa2602acc29d0e6.png

Thanks for finding this.  
We have two jumbo cases of water… we shall see what happens at the port tomorrow… and I will report back. 

In truth, the worst that happens is that the stevedores get 2 cases of water and we are out $12.  

No harm, no foul. 

As an aside, this is why I love CC.   This is a super helpful community!

Edited by TracieABD
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, MustangGT said:

So happy to be reading of your adventures again!  
Congratulations on being a “Hot Topic!!”  😁

Ooooh! I’m a “hot topic”?!?  
Who knew?

PS. Ummmm… what exactly is a hot topic? Inquiring minds want to know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

Glad to hear all is good!