Suite lounge free drinks

It depends.

Most have recently reported that every thing is available.  A bit factor is whether the drinks are made in the suite lounge or come from a regular bars.  The suite lounge bar is limited as to what they have.

First night, ASK.  Second night ASK AGAIN.  The may have gotten it for the second night since you asked the first night.

Hmmm I think the answers posted don't really answer the OPs question.

This was about the free drinks in the SL. Based on my Allure sailing it not all drinks and if you order top shelf, you will pay full price. There is a list of alcohol available, it was very basic low shelf offerings. The happy-hour mixed drinks are made with the liquors on this list.

Now if the OP wanted to know about vouchers given to C&A member D or higher then yes, all drinks up to $13 and you pay any overage.

8 minutes ago, ampurp85 said:

This was about the free drinks in the SL. Based on my Allure sailing it not all drinks and if you order top shelf, you will pay full price. There is a list of alcohol available, it was very basic low shelf offerings. The happy-hour mixed drinks are made with the liquors on this list.

Now if the OP wanted to know about vouchers given to C&A member D or higher then yes, all drinks up to $13 and you pay any overage.

When was your allure sailing? That is not current policy in allure 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

When was your allure sailing? That is not current policy in allure 

It is current policy I sailed in Oct, Halloween. There is a list for free suite drinks. Free drinks, not all drinks up to $13. Again, I think many people are thinking about C&A vouchers. From 5-8:30 they make drinks from this list. For example, Titos and soda could be a $13 drink you can get with vouchers, but you can't get that during HH because Titos wasn't on the list.  However, I could order said Tito's in the SL because it is available, but I would have to pay........unless i was using D/D+/P vouchers.

I know someone currently sailing and the suite lounge drink list is in play. There have been live blogs that post that list. It is like 5 reds, 6 whites, maybe 6 different beers and then the list of liquors. Also, not just on Allure but all Oasis and quantum class ships that include suite drinks.

I know about the D etc free vouchers on your card but as we’re sailing in a suite on Anthem just wondered whether they had changed from the limited list of alcoholic drinks to ones from the top shelf, like Pernod. If it hasn’t changed then fine but thought I’d read somewhere that it had been altered in the SL

2 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

I know about the D etc free vouchers on your card but as we’re sailing in a suite on Anthem just wondered whether they had changed from the limited list of alcoholic drinks to ones from the top shelf, like Pernod. If it hasn’t changed then fine but thought I’d read somewhere that it had been altered in the SL

Radio just spent two weeks on the Anthem.  Maybe check out his "live" thread?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Diamond and diamond plus drinks are anything up to 13 dollars if it is over 13 you just pay the difference, same as if you had drink package, almost all liquor is covered , we sometimes go over by a couple of dollars on wine so if 15 for wine you Pay  2.36

I sailed on Freedom, Odyessy and alluresince the restart .  Freedom and Odyessy any drink was available including Top Shelf.  I was on Allure twice the latest being Oct31 as well but those were not free.  Not only that, but I was charged for drinks I did not order it the Suite Lounge.

Edited by irishgal432
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, George C said:

Diamond and diamond plus drinks are anything up to 13 dollars if it is over 13 you just pay the difference, same as if you had drink package, almost all liquor is covered , we sometimes go over by a couple of dollars on wine so if 15 for wine you Pay  2.36

Suite Lounges typically have very little selection of liquor 😉

Oasis ships tend to have much more variety 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, scottraveller said:

Does anyone know if the suite lounge on Anthem offers drinks from the old limited list or has it changed to any alcoholic drink up to $13 please. My wife enjoys a Pernod occasionally and I wondered if this would be offered in the suite lounge

Just off Anthem in a suite. Went to the suite lounge on the first evening and asked for a mojito (we had been on the Oasis the previous month in a CLS and the bartenders there would make anything you wanted). I was told no mojitos. They didn’t have the ingredients. So, I would say it depends on what they have in their limited bar, which seemed more limited than the one on Oasis. 

I sailed on Oasis last week, and in the suite lounge there was a nice selection of alcohols, and I had several drinks with more than one liquor in the drink. There were a few items not available, but more often than not, I got what I asked for. 

13 hours ago, ampurp85 said:

As @George C said, that should not be current policy - and I hope that I helped to end that ridiculous policy and allowable “list” during our 11/14 sailing.

The abbreviated version is that I ran into that “list” of cheap and limited alcohol in the suite lounge the first time we ever sailed on Royal - that was on Allure years ago. I was genuinely shocked that the couple of things that I actually will drink were not  “allowed.” On our sailings on many Royal ships I have not seen that list again. Well, not until we were on Allure once again in mid November! They actually had page protectors on them and would pull them over to impertinent suite guests asking for something not one it. 😡 I was so angry this time that I requested a serious sit down with one of my favorite concierges (a man who is a doer, not a nodder). I explained to him that (a) at the price as we were paying for the OS made it ridiculous to have that limited list, especially given the limited hours we were given for using it, (b) we have not seen the silly list in other suite lounges except on Allure, and (b) Diamonds and up were no longer held to the limited drink hours, location, and lis , but could order at any time, most every drink on the ship from any bar - so why were suites guests still getting the limited options?

He agreed with me and assured me that he was going to work on the problem.  I got a first call from him 30 minutes later at which time he said he had gone partially up the Mgt chain and the result was that we could order whatever drink that we wanted from the suite bar for the rest of the cruise. He added that he was still working on the problem. He came back 2 days later and said the list was gone and would stay gone. 🥳  He said upper management had agreed that the change needed to be that Allure would follow in line with the other ships and be rid of the limited options for suite guests. He said no one else would run into this problem. 

I was at very happy that I have been heard and the very happy that a change would be made.  While I didn’t want the issue, at least speaking up brought something positive overall. I hope they don’t go back on their word.  

I haven’t really talk to anybody about before now, but I just happened to see this conversation tonight and it seemed pertinent (given that if it is not changed that would mean the promise was not kept). Now off to bed, work begins too early. 

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

I sailed on Freedom, Odyessy and alluresince the restart .  Freedom and Odyessy any drink was available including Top Shelf.  I was on Allure twice the latest being Oct31 as well but those were not free.  Not only that, but I was charged for drinks I did not order it the Suite Lounge.

Why did the surprise you???

Suite LOUNGE drinks privilege is for the SUITE LOUNGE.  Or are you saying you were charged for drinks you did not order at all?

11 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

As @George C said, that should not be current policy - and I hope that I helped to end that ridiculous policy and allowable “list” during our 11/14 sailing.

The abbreviated version is that I ran into that “list” of cheap and limited alcohol in the suite lounge the first time we ever sailed on Royal - that was on Allure years ago. I was genuinely shocked that the couple of things that I actually will drink were not  “allowed.” On our sailings on many Royal ships I have not seen that list again. Well, not until we were on Allure once again in mid November! They actually had page protectors on them and would pull them over to impertinent suite guests asking for something not one it. 😡 I was so angry this time that I requested a serious sit down with one of my favorite concierges (a man who is a doer, not a nodder). I explained to him that (a) at the price as we were paying for the OS made it ridiculous to have that limited list, especially given the limited hours we were given for using it, (b) we have not seen the silly list in other suite lounges except on Allure, and (b) Diamonds and up were no longer held to the limited drink hours, location, and lis , but could order at any time, most every drink on the ship from any bar - so why were suites guests still getting the limited options?

He agreed with me and assured me that he was going to work on the problem.  I got a first call from him 30 minutes later at which time he said he had gone partially up the Mgt chain and the result was that we could order whatever drink that we wanted from the suite bar for the rest of the cruise. He added that he was still working on the problem. He came back 2 days later and said the list was gone and would stay gone. 🥳  He said upper management had agreed that the change needed to be that Allure would follow in line with the other ships and be rid of the limited options for suite guests. He said no one else would run into this problem. 

I was at very happy that I have been heard and the very happy that a change would be made.  While I didn’t want the issue, at least speaking up brought something positive overall. I hope they don’t go back on their word.  

I haven’t really talk to anybody about before now, but I just happened to see this conversation tonight and it seemed pertinent (given that if it is not changed that would mean the promise was not kept). Now off to bed, work begins too early. 

Thanks for your effort.

We have sailed only on Grandeur, and for the first few, they would allow you to order any drink.  She does not have a suite bar, the drinks from the VCL bar.  The last cruise they were limiting you to the list.   But we had DDPs, so not a big deal.

Our next cruise is also on Grandeur, and I will see what happens.  We will not have DDP (but to D vouchers) so I don't want to be limited to the "list."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SRF said:

Why did the surprise you???

Suite LOUNGE drinks privilege is for the SUITE LOUNGE.  Or are you saying you were charged for drinks you did not order at all?

Yes.  I was charged for drinks someone else ordered. It was a Tito's and cranberry. The servers in the suite lounge on allure take your room number and then put it into the system.  So someone must have given the wrong number or the server entered the wrong number.  The concierge did take it off.

OK, interesting.  When I have ordered drinks in the lounge, either they did not take any info and just brought the drinks. Or they took my card and swiped it.

But I have seen reports of spurious charges, so check my bill every so often.

I did have a case on my last cruise (not in a suite), and I got a last minute cabin change (OV to OV, but better location). 

On Coco Cay, my card did not work, as the terminals were off of Mariner (I was on Grandeur) and their terminals did not have the updated manifest.  So they were going to take my cabin number and charge me later.  I got ZERO charges. 😄

So it balances out. 😄

9 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

Yes.  I was charged for drinks someone else ordered. It was a Tito's and cranberry. The servers in the suite lounge on allure take your room number and then put it into the system.  So someone must have given the wrong number or the server entered the wrong number.  The concierge did take it off.

Sounds like a Cape Codder. Was John as in @John&LaLa on your cruise. 😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, SRF said:

Thanks for your effort.

We have sailed only on Grandeur, and for the first few, they would allow you to order any drink.  She does not have a suite bar, the drinks from the VCL bar.  The last cruise they were limiting you to the list.   But we had DDPs, so not a big deal.

Our next cruise is also on Grandeur, and I will see what happens.  We will not have DDP (but to D vouchers) so I don't want to be limited to the "list."

😊 I was just glad that the effort had a positive result. But it does show that one person speaking up (and to the right person) can actually make a difference. I just will be super happy if no one else has the face that frustration again. I think it’s fairly certain on the Allure, but when it gets all the way around the CL I can’t guess. We can wish for sooner vs. later! 

@irishgal432that happened to us twice on Allure recently - actually 2 charges at two different times from the Solarium bar for $3. I thought it was a mistake, but tho have the same “typo” of twice for the same amount seemed fairly odd!

Edited by AlohaLivin