Suite lounge free drinks

21 minutes ago, SRF said:

OK, interesting.  When I have ordered drinks in the lounge, either they did not take any info and just brought the drinks. Or they took my card and swiped it.

But I have seen reports of spurious charges, so check my bill every so often.

I did have a case on my last cruise (not in a suite), and I got a last minute cabin change (OV to OV, but better location). 

On Coco Cay, my card did not work, as the terminals were off of Mariner (I was on Grandeur) and their terminals did not have the updated manifest.  So they were going to take my cabin number and charge me later.  I got ZERO charges. 😄

So it balances out. 😄

They only asked on Allure, not Odyessy or Freedom since the restart.  I would see charges with 0.00 from Coastal Kitchen on there except the one Tito.  Another interesting fact, Suite Lounge when you asked for Chardonney they gave you the crappy stuff, Coastal Kitchen I asked for Kendal Jackson, no charge.  My husband also had this with his red wine.

Edited by irishgal432
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

They only asked on Allure, not Odyessy or Freedom since the restart.  I would see charges with 0.00 from Coastal Kitchen on there except the one Tito.  Another interesting fact, Suite Lounge when you asked for Chardonney they gave you the crappy stuff, Coastal Kitchen I asked for Kendal Jackson, no charge.  My husband also had this with his red wine.

We had no up charge for Tito’s on allure wife ordered a few dirty martinis. Totally agree never ask for a glass of Cabernet or Chardonnay, always get the wine list and order a specific wine. I thought staff in CK was excellent.

• 1 year later...

it seems no one has a clue about these new rules about diamond and diamond plus,we have just become diamond plus with royal,we have had 2 cruises sinse nov 22,one in november 22 and the other in march 23,we also have another in october 23 and another in april 2024,for the april 24 cruise which is in april,i asked the question does a diamond plus member get access to the concierge club,answer yes,are the drinks complimentory on top of the voucher yes,im getting so tired of mixed messages,no one at royal has a clue,its the blind leading the blind,a disaster waiting to happen,royal please get your act together,or you won't have a cruise line,because all your customers will go else where,all we want is simple answers to asked questions,is that to much to ask?.

Only a couple of ships still allow D+ in the Concierge Lounge. Drinks in both C lounge and D+ Lounge count against your 5 free. We seldom go to the lounges anymore m. If you are in a Grand Suite and above you will get unlimited drinks in the Suite or Concierge Lounges.

6 hours ago, doway said:

Is that too much to ask?

Welcome to CC.

If you do any amount of reading here at CC, you'd realize that, yes, that has been an issue for some time and it has gotten worse since the restart - don't rely on answers from script reading bots at RCI - come here for much more likely to be correct info.

1 hour ago, Sianli said:

Only a couple of ships still allow D+ in the Concierge Lounge.

While there may be some very rare reports of that, officially, D+ (not in a suite) have been booted from the CL earlier this year fleetwide.

Edited by Biker19

10 hours ago, doway said:

i asked the question does a diamond plus member get access to the concierge club,answer yes,are the drinks complimentory on top of the voucher yes,im getting so tired of mixed messages,no one at royal has a clue

Every letter we have received from the suite/concierge concierge in the last year or so is very clear.  Only suite guests allowed.  Pinnacles are allowed in if their numbers are small.  (On Serenade recently it was 30)  D+ are gone.  (I was on Explorer recently where they had problems and the D+ cards did allow access)  Only suite guests get free drinks.  Pinnacles have to pay or use their drink coupons.  (Pinns I have spoken to say they're not always charged)

11 hours ago, doway said:

it seems no one has a clue about these new rules about diamond and diamond plus,we have just become diamond plus with royal,we have had 2 cruises sinse nov 22,one in november 22 and the other in march 23,we also have another in october 23 and another in april 2024,for the april 24 cruise which is in april,i asked the question does a diamond plus member get access to the concierge club,answer yes,are the drinks complimentory on top of the voucher yes,im getting so tired of mixed messages,no one at royal has a clue,its the blind leading the blind,a disaster waiting to happen,royal please get your act together,or you won't have a cruise line,because all your customers will go else where,all we want is simple answers to asked questions,is that to much to ask?.

Were you speaking directly with the CAS rep?  We've been locked out of the CL before the shut down. No biggie as the ships we've been on we like the DL better. Agree you'll find more accurate answers/info here on CC when it comes to the DL/CL/SL. Even better when you are on the ship, ask the LA. 

we were asking questions online,and got those answers from royal carribean,its so hard to get any answers from anyone,you ring ask a question,then when you get on board it has changed,example we were told that we had 640 on board credits on our last cruise in march on the quantum when we got onboard we had 530 usa dollars,no answers where the other just vanished,we are almost over royal.

before covid 19 royal was good,it seems that it has lost its way,royal is no longer interested in loyal customers loyal to royal and what they stand for,only suite guests and pinnacle,people with deep pockets,and can afford the top prices for grand suites and above,problem with that is a cruise line will not last long on that belief or attitude,loyalty in any successful business is a major part of their survival,royal carribean is a wonderful brand,they have amazing staff,but without loyalty,eventually people will only travel with royal on price,and that could be a slow grind to disaster,listen to your loyal client and act.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, doway said:

before covid 19 royal was good,it seems that it has lost its way,royal is no longer interested in loyal customers loyal to royal and what they stand for,only suite guests and pinnacle,people with deep pockets,and can afford the top prices for grand suites and above,problem with that is a cruise line will not last long on that belief or attitude,loyalty in any successful business is a major part of their survival,royal carribean is a wonderful brand,they have amazing staff,but without loyalty,eventually people will only travel with royal on price,and that could be a slow grind to disaster,listen to your loyal client and act.

Thank you for summarizing the thousands of posts for the past three years here in the RCI section of Cruise Critic.

14 hours ago, doway said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  

You do realize there are other lines out there besides Royal?  

I am Pinnacle and sail in suites....but I have since started booking with other lines now.  

• Like 1

yes we also travel with princess,and did recently,a breath of fresh air,what im just saying royal needs to lift their game,they are not the cruise line that we all loved before covid 19,loyal get your act together.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, doway said:

yes we also travel with princess,and did recently,a breath of fresh air,what im just saying royal needs to lift their game,they are not the cruise line that we all loved before covid 19,loyal get your act together.

I agree.   It's a shame they don't really value us any longer.   But....it is finally giving me the excuse to start booking with other lines...much to my DH's happiness.  He has been wanting to branch out to different lines for some time now.  

• Like 1

I am Diamond but my friend who is travelling with me has never sailed RCCL before.. we are sharing a cabin.

I presume she won’t get the free drinks vouchers?

So would I have to go to Lounge on my own to use my vouchers?

This will be my first cruise as Diamond so not sure what the protocol is.

13 minutes ago, dino1037 said:

I am Diamond but my friend who is travelling with me has never sailed RCCL before.. we are sharing a cabin.

That is correct. She will not get vouchers. However, you can use your vouchers to purchase her drinks if you would like. Or use your vouchers for your drinks and purchase drinks for her. Have fun on your cruise!

1 hour ago, dino1037 said:

Just to clarify, you can use your vouchers anywhere on the ship at any time. You don't have to use them in the DL. And as mentioned above, you are free to use them to get your friend drinks.

The only thing you need to actually use the DL for (as far as beverages go) is the fancy coffee machine for free cappuccino, lattes, espresso, etc.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

OCSCMike is totally correct.  No need for you to go to the DL to use your vouchers.   Take your friend..."bar hopping" around the ship.   Do keep in mind you only have the four vouchers a day to share.  And though you are allowed in the DL now...your friend will not be able to go in there with you.  

Oh that’s great I can use them anywhwre

Thank you so much for your help!

Is there a limit to what they can be used on?

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Just to clarify, you can use your vouchers anywhere on the ship at any time. You don't have to use them in the DL. And as mentioned above, you are free to use them to get your friend drinks.

The only thing you need to actually use the DL for (as far as beverages go) is the fancy coffee machine for free cappuccino, lattes, espresso, etc.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

OCSCMike is totally correct.  No need for you to go to the DL to use your vouchers.   Take your friend..."bar hopping" around the ship.   Do keep in mind you only have the four vouchers a day to share.  And though you are allowed in the DL now...your friend will not be able to go in there with you.  

3 minutes ago, dino1037 said:

Oh that’s great I can use them anywhwre

Thank you so much for your help!

Is there a limit to what they can be used on?

The only limit is to keep it under 14.00 a drink.  Though you can still get the higher priced drinks, you will simply have to pay the extra.  My DH loves his Oberon Cab for dinner....having to pay a whopping 1.18 over being a 15.00 drink...plus they add the 18% gratuity on the difference.  Though we always tip a buck a drink in cash with each one anyway.    

Not sure what ship you are on, but the one exception I can think of is the bionic bar on Oasis class.  Those mechanical bartenders don't have much personality anyway.  😉 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

The only limit is to keep it under 14.00 a drink.  Though you can still get the higher priced drinks, you will simply have to pay the extra.  My DH loves his Oberon Cab for dinner....having to pay a whopping 1.18 over being a 15.00 drink...plus they add the 18% gratuity on the difference.  Though we always tip a buck a drink in cash with each one anyway.    

Not sure what ship you are on, but the one exception I can think of is the bionic bar on Oasis class.  Those mechanical bartenders don't have much personality anyway.  😉 

I don’t use the Bionic Bar!! Tried it once and thought it was nonsense! It’s the first time I haven’t bought the drinks oackage… trying to limit my drinks!😳

Thanks again

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dino1037 said:

I don’t use the Bionic Bar!! Tried it once and thought it was nonsense! It’s the first time I haven’t bought the drinks oackage… trying to limit my drinks!😳

Thanks again

LOL...same here.  I have never used the bionic bar, and actually don't see a lot of pax using it either.  IMHO...pretty much a waste of space.  😉 

• Like 2