Live from the Viking Star World Cruise 2021-22

JM0115

3 hours ago, Lucie20 said:

GKTV32162:  I'm enjoying your blog immensely!  The pictures are great with the commentary.  I'm living vicariously through y'all's journey--thanks for posting!

Thanks, Lucie - I'll try to make it memorable!

7 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 19/152 - LA part deux - Getty Center

Very much enjoying your posts.  We got off the Star the day you got on, so this is a wonderful way to trick our minds into thinking we're still onboard and enjoying this lovely ship.  

Thanks for taking the time to do this. We have done 4 world cruises but have booked our first one on Viking for 2023-2024. Really nice to get a sense of how a different line operates before we get on. We always assume on a four month voyage that the itinerary will be modified but in the time of covid yours is a real doozy. Stay well.

8 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

It was Aaron Syfert on the Ft Lauderdale to LA segment. Not sure if it still is, but he was the best CD we ever had.

We were on the segment just before the World Cruise started and Aaron was CD.  He told us that he was contracted for the world cruise so he should be continuing.  This is the second time we have been on Viking with Aaron as CD and he is outstanding.

• Like 2

Live update from the Star.  Yesterday we received our World Cruise jackets and caps. The jackets are very different from the windbreaker that we were told we would receive.  This one is lined and warmer which I guess is good since we are going to much colder places. We have many lecturers on the ship. Funnily, at least one or two specialize in the South Pacific which we are not going to. But I think we will get some great enrichment lectures while on board. The vibe has changed dramatically from the first two weeks which really was not a world cruise vide at all and just really the Panama Holiday cruise, but it is really nice on board now. We are making our way down to Cabo at a relaxed 10 or 11 knots. They have extra time to get there so no reason to rush!

• Like 17

9 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
World Cruise Day 21/152 - jackets and hats and bottles, oh my!

All i gotta say about Chile is don't test positive there.  If anyone does, don't let them remove you from your stateroom to quarantine on land.  Let them carry you out under armed guard kicking and screaming if they try.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Hi all - Arlona accidentally left her 30-ounce black Yeti cup with a purple handle and black steel straw in the Star Theater after completing her Chilean mobility pass. She went back and it was gone. Nobody there, at the nearby bar, nor lost & found had it.

If anyone finds it, please give us a buzz in 5090.

Thanks!
Edited by GKTV32162
My usual typos caught after posting...

We are not quite in the tropics, but lunch today was BBQ with Tropical Fruit. They certainly do an amazing spread on board! The fruit was amazing as was the BBQ jerk chicken thighs, chorizo, and lamb koftas.

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

• Like 12

11 hours ago, JM0115 said:

We are not quite in the tropics, but lunch today was BBQ with Tropical Fruit. They certainly do an amazing spread on board! The fruit was amazing as was the BBQ jerk chicken thighs, chorizo, and lamb koftas.

IMG_6818.jpeg

IMG_6817.jpeg

Oh my, I’d be in my element here 🙂   

Thanks everyone for all your postings, here or on your blogs.  I really appreciate them as I dream of doing a WC when we retire (DH knows my plans!)  I only started reading the Viking blogs this year, as it is the only ship seeming to sail on a WC, and I was intrigued as to how it would work.  Little did I know how different Viking appear.

The blogs (and now having fully read a couple from 2019 (Mystery Cruise) too) really mean Viking has suddenly come from nowhere to my top choice for future cruises, as I’m starting to tire of busy mass lines and their ‘cost savings’.

Thanks

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:
Hi all - Arlona accidentally left her 30-ounce black Yeti cup with a purple handle and black steel straw in the Star Theater after completing her Chilean mobility pass. She went back and it was gone. Nobody there, at the nearby bar, nor lost & found had it.

Thanks!

Keep checking at Guest Services.  Sometimes it takes time of to make its way there.

3 hours ago, Goosebear Mum said:

Oh my, I’d be in my element here 🙂   

Thanks everyone for all your postings, here or on your blogs.  I really appreciate them as I dream of doing a WC when we retire (DH knows my plans!)  I only started reading the Viking blogs this year, as it is the only ship seeming to sail on a WC, and I was intrigued as to how it would work.  Little did I know how different Viking appear.

The blogs (and now having fully read a couple from 2019 (Mystery Cruise) too) really mean Viking has suddenly come from nowhere to my top choice for future cruises, as I’m starting to tire of busy mass lines and their ‘cost savings’.

Thanks

Oceania’s Insignia is also sailing their world cruise … on their way to Hawaii now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GKTV32162 said:

Thanks!

We are booked into this stateroom on  future cruise. I hope all is up to your standards now.