Loyalty Benefits

tring

Is P&O still offering the Peninsular cocktail party and P&O slippers?  I just received an email saying what benefits I am entitled to and only mention the  8.5% OBS discount and glass of champagne on sailing.

Thanks all, I was thinking the party may have been cancelled because of covid and seems that is what has happened.  Not sure why I asked about the slippers as we have quite a store of them, but we use them as well.

When we were on Ventura earlier this month we got:

Welcome on Board lunch.  Which was a sit down waiter service affair.  

One pair of slippers.  I couldn't be bothered to ask for the other pair.  Big box of em at home, though as Dave days the bags are handy.

A half bottle of "champagne" on the afternoon of the first formal evening

A voucher each for a sailaway "champagne"

In lieu of the Peninsula Party we each received a voucher for £10 of drinks.  The steward explained that we could have multiple drinks per voucher as long the total price did not exceed £10.  I must admit, I preferred having 2 bottles of Aspalls cider than fighting over watery G&Ts etc.

We still had the Peninsula Lunch, however none of the tables were hosted.  Apart from that, it went pretty much as normal.  It was very noticeable how busy this event was.  It took up about 2/3 of the Cinnamon MDR.  You could request tables for 2 as well.  We lived life at the edge and went for an 8.  We saw that quite a few people did take the 2 top option.

No cuddly toys though 🤣 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

One pair of slippers.  I couldn't be bothered to ask for the other pair.  Big box of em at home, though as Dave days the bags are handy.

In lieu of the Peninsula Party we each received a voucher for £10 of drinks.  The steward explained that we could have multiple drinks per voucher as long the total price did not exceed £10.  I must admit, I preferred having 2 bottles of Aspalls cider than fighting over watery G&Ts etc.

We still had the Peninsula Lunch, however none of the tables were hosted.  Apart from that, it went pretty much as normal.  It was very noticeable how busy this event was.  It took up about 2/3 of the Cinnamon MDR.  You could request tables for 2 as well.  We lived life at the edge and went for an 8.  We saw that quite a few people did take the 2 top option.

No cuddly toys though 🤣 

SNAP

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

No cuddly toys though 🤣 

The £10 drinks vouchers are a very nice touch, rather than just being told that things are cancelled “because of covid” which, sadly, for many organisations has now become the stock excuse for cost cutting or poor service!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

The £10 drinks vouchers are a very nice touch, rather than just being told that things are cancelled “because of covid” which, sadly, for many organisations has now become the stock excuse for cost cutting or poor service!

I agree, I was impressed to  hear that.  I, along with most other people I have encountered, are beginning to look upon covid as a universal excuse to not provide all manner of things.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

It was a nice gesture. I didn't use it but still appreciated the thought in much the same way as the slippers - I have wide feet they don't fit but nice touch anyway.

1 hour ago, tring said:

I agree, I was impressed to  hear that.  I, along with most other people I have encountered, are beginning to look upon covid as a universal excuse to not provide all manner of things.

Yes customer service across a range of things has gone to the wall with first Brexit as an excuse, then covid (which was perfectly valid in the beginning perhaps but not later on for many things).

Nice to see P&O trying to do the right thing by their customers while also keeping them safe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

"champagne"  - mixed down in the "bowels" of the ship 🤢 the eelder flower presse is OK. I had a bottle of beer

Yes the ‘Champagne’ that they serve at the Welcome on Board lunch and at drinks party is nothing of the sort. It’s a vile acrid tasting fizzy plonk. However, the sail away party vouchers for a glass of champagne can thankfully be exchanged for the real stuff and at any time during the cruise, not just during sailaways. We tend to redeem ours in the Glass House with lunch 🥂

• Like 5

On Iona recently, instead of the Portunus Party, each person was given a voucher for ONE drink. This could be beer, cider, wine or a soft drink.

My husband asked for a beer flight (menu price £4.95) and was told no - the flights aren't included. He was allowed to have a pint of John Smith's (basically the same price).

We thought that was incredibly mean-spirited.

I think the only Loyalty benefits that are of any use to me are the 10% discount on drinks.  I have no use for the slippers or lapel pin and don't do big lunches, so never go to those.  The champagne gets given away at home as neither of us drink it.

Someone explain a beer flight to me please?  Never heard of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was disappointed on Iona that the cocktail party didn’t happen as it was always fun and nice to hear from the Captain how many people were on the different levels and general chat about the cruise as well the champagne tombola and the canapés. The higher tiers had their lunch so I would have thought a few drinks and nibbles in the Live Lounge could have gone ahead. We did get a voucher for one drink instead but not really the same. Seems a bit mean as I like the extra touches and it took so long to get to Mediterranean level.

1 hour ago, FluffyFiFi said:

I was disappointed on Iona that the cocktail party didn’t happen as it was always fun and nice to hear from the Captain how many people were on the different levels and general chat about the cruise as well the champagne tombola and the canapés. The higher tiers had their lunch so I would have thought a few drinks and nibbles in the Live Lounge could have gone ahead. We did get a voucher for one drink instead but not really the same. Seems a bit mean as I like the extra touches and it took so long to get to Mediterranean level.

Same is happening on Cunard and understandable with Covid wouldnt be happy for that many people being crowded into a room just for a free glass of cheap wine.

3 hours ago, FluffyFiFi said:

We managed to squeeze a couple of drinks out of our vouchers.  Must admit, I preferred having a couple of Aspalls Cyders at the show in the Tamarind Club to the usual trying to get hold of a steward.