CDC advice 30th December

Underwatr

2 hours ago, Fayecruises said:

this advice by the CDC is outrageous    thousands and thousands of people will lost their jobs  I hope the cruise industry fights back big time

The CDC has the responsibility to protect health, not to protect businesses. Their warning is fair. You may certainly choose to ignore it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a new advisory that all travelers, even those fully vaccinated, should avoid cruise ships.  This comes after 91 ships departing from US ports have reported cases during the past seven days that warranted CDC investigation.  For its part, the Cruise Lines International Association claims to be "particularly perplexed" because the reported cases are only "a slim minority" of all passengers, and are mostly asymptomatic or "mild" anyway.  (That should be a great comfort to the "slim minority.")

Just reporting the news here -- please don't shoot this messenger.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neuhoftraveler said:

Today the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued a new advisory that all travelers, even those fully vaccinated, should avoid cruise ships.  This comes after 91 ships departing from US ports have reported cases during the past seven days that warranted CDC investigation.  For its part, the Cruise Lines International Association claims to be "particularly perplexed" because the reported cases are only "a slim minority" of all passengers, and are mostly asymptomatic or "mild" anyway.  (That should be a great comfort to the "slim minority.")

Just reporting the news here -- please don't shoot this messenger.

Ummm….That is *exactly* what the OP posted when they started this thread.

I’m on QM2 at this very moment-

I think that the CDC is covering itself  politically after Sen. Blumenthal’s hysterical outburst. There are cruise ships coming and going here in Barbados  - folks are very conscious of the problem - we had to be fully vaccinated before we could sail-there are lots of 'anti-vaccers’ but they’re not here. 

If you look at the CDC world map, the great majority of the countries are Level 4, advise against travel.    Some popular destinations, Mexico, have been Level 4 since the pandemic began.   Travelers will continue to take their vacations to all of the Level 4 localities including travel on cruise ships.   The new CDC advice is nothing to get excited about.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:19 PM, Lanky Lad said:

The CDC does seem to have a problem with cruises. I am guessing this advice could cause problems with insurance for anyone who ignores it and goes anyway. 

I think we should be thankful perhaps that the CDC has not ripped up either the VSO, VSP, VSC - 1 of these 3 letter words pertains to the agreed conditions of cruising with  CDC - . A condition which if ripped up would see the cruise industry "descend into chaos" in the words of one respected poster on this forum who knows his stuff. As I understand it  back to back cruising would no longer be possible. The CDC would board and interview each 'passenger about conditions onboard before allowing them to leave and crew would have be rotated after each sailings things of that nature. The industry would not survive.

Edited by ace2542

On 12/30/2021 at 3:36 PM, Fayecruises said:

ok so why don;t they care about the airlines and hotels  I am sure people are getting sick on the airlines and the airlines do not require vaccines or test when you fly domestically   Only an Id

Airlines require masks and have highly filtered cabin air at each seat.  This has been highly effective in reducing droplet and aerosol (?) spread.   MSC has stated they have now shut off A/C recirculation in public areas.    We went on a driving trip and found avoiding crowds in hotels was very easy.  I used to complain about the noisy, drafty single unit A/C / heating units commonly found in each room- no more 🙂 

Maybe Cunard could find a supplier of KN-95 masks with the logo in the colors of your loyalty level.  The ones I have found this week look like you have been out chipping paint or sanding bulkheads.  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 5:19 PM, Lanky Lad said:

The CDC does seem to have a problem with cruises. I am guessing this advice could cause problems with insurance for anyone who ignores it and goes anyway. 

I have seen posts that some travel insurance policies are void (or at least parts of it are void) if you travel against governmental advice.

I have been scouring my travel policy for an upcoming trip and have not found that exclusion, yet.