**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

Can anyone help me with this? A member of our party is looking at getting her booster. We are 21 days out. I know if she gets her booster, she can test 3 day before the cruise. However, is there a waiting period? Like does she has to have her booster done by a certain point in order to test 3 days before. I hope that makes sense 

Edited by amberdc87
Spelled wrong

2 minutes ago, audcc77 said:

I am vaxed and boosted so 3 days is the earliest time which I can test. 

So if we leave on April 11, then 11 minus 3 equals 8. I can test on April 8. 

Is this correct?

Correct. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, day-day said:

You can test on Thursday if you were recently fully vaccinated and not eligible for the booster yet or

you have had the booster.

Otherwise, you must wait until Friday.

Great thank you very much. 

I know this has been asked before, but I have not seen a response. Has anyone used the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test verified test service (proctored online) and used the results to board a Carnival cruise?  thanks

We're sailing this Saturday April 9th, We just received our negative covid test results from Walgreens. Do I need to print this out or can Carnival scan the QR code that was sent to me ?  Thank you 

6 hours ago, dafish831 said:

I know this has been asked before, but I have not seen a response. Has anyone used the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test verified test service (proctored online) and used the results to board a Carnival cruise?  thanks

On 3/30/2022 at 12:31 PM, dogtaur said:

TLDR: iHealth proctored test worked fine and was accepted by Verifly

I just had my daughter (11-years old) do the proctored iHealth rapid antigen self-test, the orange box ones we got from the government. Since I already had the unopened test, I only had to buy the testing service. It is $24.99. I selected an online appointment time. They send you a link to click on to start the meeting. They verified my daughter's photo ID with her passport. They tell you exactly what to do. Then the camera has to stay aimed at the test for 15 minutes. When the timer is up, they instruct you to hold the test up to the camera. They confirm the results (negative) and immediately send an email. They confirm that you got the email before they disconnect. I uploaded the results to Verifly, they were accepted! My daughter is "ready to sail" according to Verifly. 

Here's the link to the service: https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

This is the only posting I've seen with a report of success using the proctored iHealth test with Carnival.

12 hours ago, pkster said:

This is the only posting I've seen with a report of success using the proctored iHealth test with Carnival.

Thank you. I have already read this post. My original post asked if anyone has used the proctored iHealth test results to successfully board a Carnival cruise. Thanks again.

I purchased the BinaxNow proctored test, but I can't find hours that the proctors are available anywhere. It says not to open it until actually doing the test so if the hours are in the box I am at a loss. Does anyone know what hours and days of the week the proctors are available?

My tests say eMed

9 minutes ago, HakunaMatada said:

I purchased the BinaxNow proctored test, but I can't find hours that the proctors are available anywhere. It says not to open it until actually doing the test so if the hours are in the box I am at a loss. Does anyone know what hours and days of the week the proctors are available?

My tests say eMed

I think that they're 24/7

26 minutes ago, HakunaMatada said:

My tests say eMed

Proctors at eMed are available 24/7/365

17 hours ago, HakunaMatada said:

My tests say eMed

On their site it states 24/7.

If you do a Rapid NAAT test  and get a Positive, get a second opinion. I personally know of two false positives. Second test performed at an urgent care clinic were negative in both cases and cruise was not cancelled.

On 4/7/2022 at 1:57 PM, dafish831 said:

I have tried calling iHealth Labs with no success. Recordings then the call is dropped. Tried their support Email several times with no response. Got in touch with a rep on Carnivals 7419 number. She knew of two CDC accepted proctored tests accepted by Carnival. Of course, there was the EMed Binax provided one and also a Radiant Inspire Diagnostic at Home Heathcare. The agent transferred me to a "Resolution" agent. The agent here told me the iHealth online proctored Antigen Rapid Test was acceptable though he recommended a PCR test instead of an Antigen test. The Antigen Rapid Test is not available anyplace close to my West Texas town, but I can get an Antigen Lab or PCR test at an Urgent Care Clinic in town. Hopefully with the 3 day cushion now available I can get the results back prior to cruising. He also recommended bringing any hard copies even if I upload my info to the Verifly app. I am looking forward to the time when these near cruise jump through a hoop covid testing requirements are a thing of the past. 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:22 AM, cmp03 said:

Just FYI, you should receive an email with results in 1-3 hours normally.  If you don’t, reach out to pharmacy you did test to get results because sometimes you just don’t ever get the email. 

My daughter and I tested at same time.  I received her results an hour later in my email.  Never ended up receiving mine.  Called the pharmacy later that evening and they were able to print me the negative test results for the cruise.

This happened to us. We picked up the paper results the next day and by the time I got back to the hotel the email had arrived  

when I looked at the paper, it didn’t have a lot of the information I required for VeriFLY. Like who did the test and the time. 

4 minutes ago, tamcase said:

Can I just provide Carnival with the email on my phone from Walgreens or do I need to get it printed out?  Thanks!!!

I used VeriFLY and just used a screen shot of the results. 

(sorry for the above post I didn’t realize it was an old thread)

Trying to figure out the timing of this;

I have a cruise that leaves Sunday; I am vaccinated and boosted, and understand that I can test as early as Thursday.

My kids are young; they are vaccinated- there is no booster for them. It was my understanding that they could also test on Thursday as they are "up to date", but when I called Carnival, they said they can't test until Friday, which doesn't seem correct?

58 minutes ago, jacksonx said:

Trying to figure out the timing of this;

I have a cruise that leaves Sunday; I am vaccinated and boosted, and understand that I can test as early as Thursday.

My kids are young; they are vaccinated- there is no booster for them. It was my understanding that they could also test on Thursday as they are "up to date", but when I called Carnival, they said they can't test until Friday, which doesn't seem correct?

What Carnival told you doesnt match what it shows on its page: https://www.carnival.com/legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols

Just a side note for anyone who tested positive. Carnival accepts a positive test followed by a negative test. The requirement is the positive test was performed within 90 days. It is called a document of recovery.  We have used it returning from Mexico also. 

3 minutes ago, DevilJeff said:

Just a side note for anyone who tested positive. Carnival accepts a positive test followed by a negative test. The requirement is the positive test was performed within 90 days. It is called a document of recovery.  We have used it returning from Mexico also. 

Could you elaborate on this a bit?

Are you saying that you can have a positive test followed by a negative test (say the next day), and they take the most recent result for purposes of boarding?

Tom