**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

8 minutes ago, Dmg00 said:

I got them but my husbands afraid something will go wrong 🙄let me ask, can we use an iPad to do them? I thought I’d read somewhere that you have to use a computer and you have to use Chrome! Can I use my iPad, my computer is old and outdated?

Do you have a webcam for your computer? Not sure about the Chrome requirement (probably not the case). The first time we did the home test we used our phones (our laptop experience was much smoother though).

I'd say always have a spare test or two on hand.

The very first test we opened up (when instructed to by the proctor) was not packed correctly, Fortunately it was not missing anything, instead it had two testing well packets and two bottles of liquid. If it had had an extra swab, it would have been a complete "extra" test we could have used on our own later...  🙂

Tom

5 hours ago, ledges1 said:

CVS Minute Clinic in my area has stopped giving the Rapid Antigen test for free. I had a cruise leaving on a Monday. Walgreens offers an Antigen NAAT test 7 days a week. We tested on Saturday Morning and had the results in an hour. My wife tested positive (I was negative) with no symptoms. She then took the free govt test at home and was Negative. We went to an Urgent Care facility and reported the positive and negative test and asked what to do. They performed a full nasal test (stuck the swab way up the nose) and gave us a negative result. We enjoyed the cruise.

That is helpful to know.  Thank you.  

Did  Walgreens and the urgent care center both automatically provide the information in the format required by Carnival?   I believe it said name, date of birth, and results in a printed or electronic form.  

10 minutes ago, nickle58 said:

That is helpful to know.  Thank you.  

Did  Walgreens and the urgent care center both automatically provide the information in the format required by Carnival?   I believe it said name, date of birth, and results in a printed or electronic form.  

Yes, my form was by Walgreens and my wife's was by the urgent care. Both passed without questions.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dmg00 said:

I just looked at my local CVS website and it asks you a series of questions, then tells me we don’t qualify for free testing, it’s $139 per person 🤬we don’t have a Walgreens anywhere near us either. 

If you have a Walgreens close by, it was free. You still have to answer a series of questions.

• Like 1

I’d hope that you are correct but I think this is only in certain states. I live in Pa. And don’t think they offer them free for travel. But, if someone else from Pa has had a different experience, I’d be happy to hear about it!

I used quest before and received my results the next day. Not 24 hours. Maybe closer to 30? I did not receive a bill. The website tells you the test is free. If you try to register through the regular quest diagnostics site, it will tell you that you need a prescription for the test. But if you google free quest diagnostics COVID test, it will ask you some preliminary questions, then let you know that you qualify for the free test. The site will also let you know the approximate wait time for your results because it will vary depending on your location. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mafig said:

Do you get the results via email?

Yes. You can also create an account with them, there’s also an app, and log in for your results. I saw my results that way before I received my email. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dmg00 said:

I’d hope that you are correct but I think this is only in certain states. I live in Pa. And don’t think they offer them free for travel. But, if someone else from Pa has had a different experience, I’d be happy to hear about it!

My wife and I have done a total of 4 rapid antigen test at CVS in the panhandle of Florida for a cruise in January and February. We were not charged for the test. After the last test in February, the CVS reps administering the test said they would begin charging for the test in March. After those two cruises, my wife and I used Walgreens in Alabama for the April cruise. We were not charged for the test. Walgreens actually gave me a receipt for $0.00.   Good luck on finding a test site.

Also, my daughter used American Family Care for testing on the February cruise and was not charged.

Thanks for your reply and everyone else’s suggestions. I’m going to make a few calls tomorrow and see what I can find out. But, here’s another quick question. So, I’ve been sick for a week with a bad cold, cough, and no taste or smell. Took an otc government issued test and it was negative. I just got an antibiotic today. I will be testing for my cruise on May 5 th. If I wasn’t truly negative, will my test show positive on the 5th! What are the chances? I hate to miss this cruise it’s been rescheduled since last year 

3 minutes ago, Dmg00 said:

Thanks for your reply and everyone else’s suggestions. I’m going to make a few calls tomorrow and see what I can find out. But, here’s another quick question. So, I’ve been sick for a week with a bad cold, cough, and no taste or smell. Took an otc government issued test and it was negative. I just got an antibiotic today. I will be testing for my cruise on May 5 th. If I wasn’t truly negative, will my test show positive on the 5th! What are the chances? I hate to miss this cruise it’s been rescheduled since last year 

IF you're actually positive, there's a good chance it will still show up a few days from now. You could always take a more sensitive test and see if that picks it up. If it doesn't, likely another antigen test won't. COVID test roulette !

Tom

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dmg00 said:

See my post #670. You may have read it. 

12 hours ago, reeinaz said:

I used quest before and received my results the next day. Not 24 hours. Maybe closer to 30? I did not receive a bill. The website tells you the test is free. If you try to register through the regular quest diagnostics site, it will tell you that you need a prescription for the test. But if you google free quest diagnostics COVID test, it will ask you some preliminary questions, then let you know that you qualify for the free test. The site will also let you know the approximate wait time for your results because it will vary depending on your location. 

Was your test through Quest after April 1, 2022?  Thx!

1 hour ago, mack44 said:

I ended up with 4 extra EMED tests from my cruise that I'm selling back for $25 each if you live in the Salt Lake, Utah area.  Tests don't expire 05/09/2023.  Message me for details.

CC has never, to my knowledge, activated the Message feature on the boards.

We managed to find free testing at our local pharmacy. They only do the PCR tests and said results take 2-5 days. I’m hoping to get results in time, if not, I’ll used the proctored tests. Thanks for all of your help, can’t wait to cruise!

I'm going to post my current scenario and plans in case I'm missing something! Thanks in advance.

I am cruising 12 days from today. This past Monday, I started to feel sick. I took an at-home antigen test on Tuesday, and it was negative. Yesterday, I tested again, and it was positive. You can imagine the ensuing chaos regarding how to get on the upcoming cruise!

• In order to get an official positive test, I went to Walgreen's and got a PCR test yesterday afternoon (13 days from cruising).
  • I have an appointment with my DR late next week to get a letter for the "document of recovery)
  • I already have the at-home antigen tests ready for the proctored test

I'm thinking that I do the proctored test still, and if it's negative, use that to board, but have my positive test results and DR note on hand in case it's needed. Although I assume they will be needed when I answer the health questionnaire honestly.

Has anyone here used ArriveCAN yet? I'm wondering what will happen if I test positive on the pre-cruise antigen. I don't need to get off the ship in Victoria, but does ArriveCAN require a negative test for cruising?

7 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Thanks for headsup.  I have posted in facebook marketplace so you can search for "EMED Covid 19 Tests for Travel" and on the local ksl classified site.

t  a  m  _  96  at  hot  mail  dot  com    (remove spaces)

1 hour ago, mack44 said:

I ended up with 4 extra EMED tests from my cruise that I'm selling back for $25 each if you live in the Salt Lake, Utah area.  Tests don't expire 05/09/2023.  Message me for details.

I have posted in facebook marketplace so you can search for "EMED Covid 19 Tests for Travel" and on the local ksl classified site.

t  a  m  _  96  at  hot  mail  dot  com    (remove spaces)

Just now, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Short detour - this board used to have active PMs, but it was turned off three or four years ago.

Just now, geneparmesan said:

I'm going to post my current scenario and plans in case I'm missing something! Thanks in advance.

I am cruising 12 days from today. This past Monday, I started to feel sick. I took an at-home antigen test on Tuesday, and it was negative. Yesterday, I tested again, and it was positive. You can imagine the ensuing chaos regarding how to get on the upcoming cruise!

• In order to get an official positive test, I went to Walgreen's and got a PCR test yesterday afternoon (13 days from cruising).
  • I have an appointment with my DR late next week to get a letter for the "document of recovery)
  • I already have the at-home antigen tests ready for the proctored test

I'm thinking that I do the proctored test still, and if it's negative, use that to board, but have my positive test results and DR note on hand in case it's needed. Although I assume they will be needed when I answer the health questionnaire honestly.

Has anyone here used ArriveCAN yet? I'm wondering what will happen if I test positive on the pre-cruise antigen. I don't need to get off the ship in Victoria, but does ArriveCAN require a negative test for cruising?

Sorry you got the bug. Get well soon. Your plan sounds good.  Are you sure all parties involved will accept a document of recovery letter?

• Like 1