Anthem of the Seas LIVE 1/9

2 minutes ago, toad455 said:

The clear downside is that there's only a limited amount of excursions available for Barbados and they're all sold out.

They may be sold out on the ship, but likely slots are available if done in person at the terminal.

2 hours ago, irelandvegas said:

Piper, Did you make your dinner reservations in st. Marten ahead of time or that day?

I made reservations ahead of time by emailing m.r.managementsxm at G mail. It's about 15 minutes taxi from port. 

Edited by PiperHolliday

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They may be sold out on the ship, but likely slots are available if done in person at the terminal.

In Barbados, you're allowed to get an approved taxi or excursion at the port. But you can't just freely walk out of the port. Our plan for tomorrow is to hire an approved taxi to go to a specific beach. 

From one week ago:

Guests arriving without a standard or rapid PCR test taken within 48 hours will be permitted to take “bubble excursions” or supervised shore excursions through authorized vendors, including:

• Tours approved for sale by tour operators as authorized by cruise lines.

• Tours approved for sale by independent tour operators and taxi operators as authorized by the government of Barbados following the appropriate health and security requirements.

Those wishing to engage in a tour must have a pre-booked tour confirmed by email from an approved tour operator for pick-up in the Bridgetown Port or take approved taxis dispatched from secure designated taxi facilities within the Bridgetown Port. Tours and excursions can be booked either on arrival at the port or directly with independent tour operators.

Edited by PiperHolliday

10 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

In Barbados, you're allowed to get an approved taxi or excursion at the port. But you can't just freely walk out of the port. 

Last month you could, that's why I was asking if the actual experience by some has changed (is the policy being enforced). The policy was the same as far as I know, but you could simply walk out of the port. Granted, few would do that anyway as there's not much exciting within easy walking distance.

Edited by Biker19

10 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Last month you could, that's why I was asking if the actual experience by some has changed (is the policy being enforced). The policy was the same as far as I know, but you could simply walk out of the port. Granted, few would do that anyway as there's not much exciting within easy walking distance.

Yeah, I'm guessing it hasn't really changed. And of course, we will all find out for sure tomorrow. I'll try to remember to post once we're in the taxi and on our way, in case anyone else onboard wants to wait for me to be the Guinea pig. 

• Like 2

We did some beach hopping today in Antigua with one of Lawrence's drivers. Antigua is gorgeous with many nearly perfect beaches. They have one beach for every day of the year. 

Long Bay. This was unanimously our favorite beach. The water is calm and crystal clear. The sand is white and soft. Most people there were locals and there is a reef to snorkel. 

IMG_20220114_093612.thumb.jpg.0bd22899b1f6bfde9c1a2811f36355d7.jpgIMG_20220114_093633.thumb.jpg.d996bc74bdf11fd363324778fb4e9d92.jpg

Turner Beach. This was another amazing beach. The water is a beautiful electric turquoise and the sand is lush and soft. We were the only ones there for most of the visit. 

IMG_20220114_105346.thumb.jpg.8a653fc2303ed3b9758d43532bf411e0.jpgIMG_20220114_105902.thumb.jpg.8b8448fd2462aa07ee2169cbb9a3ad66.jpgIMG_20220114_105912.thumb.jpg.994aceaf6ded4b7caa45c20025da30a0.jpg

Valley Church Beach. I really loved the setting of this beach with cliffs and hills. The water was again that beautiful turquoise. But the sand was rough and it was very pebbly in the water. Also, because of the significant drop-off, it's a bit deeper near shore and the water stays colder. If you move down the shore in either direction, the sand gets a bit better in the water. 

IMG_20220114_122237.thumb.jpg.a539a18165ff560e40fc8a452533f773.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PiperHolliday said:

In Barbados, you're allowed to get an approved taxi or excursion at the port. But you can't just freely walk out of the port. Our plan for tomorrow is to hire an approved taxi to go to a specific beach. 

From one week ago:

Guests arriving without a standard or rapid PCR test taken within 48 hours will be permitted to take “bubble excursions” or supervised shore excursions through authorized vendors, including:

• Tours approved for sale by tour operators as authorized by cruise lines.

• Tours approved for sale by independent tour operators and taxi operators as authorized by the government of Barbados following the appropriate health and security requirements.

Those wishing to engage in a tour must have a pre-booked tour confirmed by email from an approved tour operator for pick-up in the Bridgetown Port or take approved taxis dispatched from secure designated taxi facilities within the Bridgetown Port. Tours and excursions can be booked either on arrival at the port or directly with independent tour operators.

So, if we bring our Binax AG’s and do it the day before we get to Barbados….we can take a cab to any beach as long as an approved taxi operator takes us and brings us back? Where can we find the list of approved tour and taxis?  We just want to take a taxi to Sandy Lane, preferably just walking out and finding one rather than reserving ahead. 

1 hour ago, MadameGorgeous said:

So, if we bring our Binax AG’s and do it the day before we get to Barbados….we can take a cab to any beach as long as an approved taxi operator takes us and brings us back? Where can we find the list of approved tour and taxis?  We just want to take a taxi to Sandy Lane, preferably just walking out and finding one rather than reserving ahead. 

No need to do a test. You can hire an approved taxi from inside the port on arrival. 

The only thing testing would do for you is allow you to arrange an excursion with a non-approved company or walk/drive yourself directly out of port. And even then, it's not clear what testing they accept. 

• Like 1

Our room attendant, Muhamed from Indonesia, is fantastic! He's so friendly and works so hard. He pays attention to detail and is so helpful. He just saw my husband coming down the hall with hands full of glasses of wine and rushed to our room to open the door for him. He's fulfilled every request quickly and smoothly and our cabin is perfectly clean. I truly do not know when he sleeps, as he seems to always be around the corner just waiting to make us happy. He has earned far more than any of us could give him. I really hope some of you get to experience him as your room attendant! 

I'm not one for towel animals, but he made this one a couple of days ago and I just love it. The only towel animal I've kept hanging around a cabin in many, many cruises. 

IMG_20220114_193221_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.d9c68708739f00db60f036fc96d6170b.jpg

• Like 7

Question for anyone with recent experience — we just Royal Upped for Anthem on the 20th— are you still able to check in earlier than your scheduled check in time if in a suite?  We are currently set for 11 am, but happy to get on board asap to get my reservations nailed down (Jr suite, so no concierge).

1 minute ago, 3kidsncats said:

Question for anyone with recent experience — we just Royal Upped for Anthem on the 20th— are you still able to check in earlier than your scheduled check in time if in a suite?  We are currently set for 11 am, but happy to get on board asap to get my reservations nailed down (Jr suite, so no concierge).

I don't think you have anything to worry about with reservations. Everything has been wide open on this cruise. We have a dining package and have been able to change our reservations several times with no issues. 

It's otherwise difficult for me to personally say because our boarding was such a mess. But we had the mechanical issue. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PiperHolliday said:

I don't think you have anything to worry about with reservations. Everything has been wide open on this cruise. We have a dining package and have been able to change our reservations several times with no issues. 

It's otherwise difficult for me to personally say because our boarding was such a mess. But we had the mechanical issue. 

I saw the pics of the check in 😳 Glad the azipod is repaired, lol.  We are traveling with another couple that has not yet been royal upped, so sort of trying to plan stuff since we have both coastal kitchen and UDP, and they don’t.  So a mix of specialty, MDR and CK.  I’m targeting certain menus at specific venues.  I am happy to hear it’s not been a problem to change things up a bit on the fly

We had dinner in the MDR (Silk) tonight and had a great meal. Every dish was tasty and cooked just right. 

Seafood Risotto. 

IMG_20220114_201526_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.0c498b97823c52f144bb8657447ec7d5.jpg

Cream of Asparagus Soup. 

IMG_20220114_201551_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.27e333b9f73e4072b7ac34527daefc3e.jpg

Caesar Salad. 

IMG_20220114_202203_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.efc0fdf3e3bb810a0fa708af2d6b83f1.jpg

Pan-seared Red Snapper. 

IMG_20220114_203239_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.898139feef8d88f3cacf4ca94cbe8784.jpg

Fish curry and vegetable curry. Off menu. 

IMG_20220114_203251_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.601167ad7ae6f7ab2f1b0d3d78e198a7.jpg

Artichoke Crepes Fontina. 

IMG_20220114_203257_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.bef00c376d5a816ce640a26fc8b6b830.jpg

Chocolate Mousse. 

IMG_20220114_205857_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.c60d0013d5c7eb8628d690595036867c.jpg

Boston Cream Pie. But it's actually a cake and tastes like a donut. 

IMG_20220114_205904_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.bca9a34f9ed0b793f1a14ea852e6132e.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MadameGorgeous said:

Does Royal offer a cheese course before dessert in their MDRs? We always loved the cheese and fruit plate with a glass of Port on Celebrity or Princess, I forget which.

It is not standard, but if you ask for one, they will bring a cheese and fruit plate. :classic_smile:

47 minutes ago, MadameGorgeous said:

Does Royal offer a cheese course before dessert in their MDRs? We always loved the cheese and fruit plate with a glass of Port on Celebrity or Princess, I forget which.

Not standard. You can request it, though. The crew really do want to please! I'm a Princess Elite and it's an adjustment to be cruising RCCL. There's a lot of things we're missing, but we completely understand that it's two different products. Admittedly, we've never cruised Princess in the Caribbean so perhaps it's closer to this experience on those itineraries. I'm not sure. 

• Like 1