Anthem of the Seas LIVE 1/9

My first drink when i cruise is a long island ice tea or a pirate tea. Gets me in the mood fast. It's all alcohol. 

Also with the drink pkg you can get top shelf. But you must request it. Like a bloody mary, be specific what vodka you want. Hope that helps. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

My first drink when i cruise is a long island ice tea or a pirate tea. Gets me in the mood fast. It's all alcohol. 

L.I. Iced tea.. HaHa.  The cocktail version of a Jahn's Kitchen Sink. Great drink

Edited by boscobeans
  • Like 1

We went to the Solarium Bistro for dinner last night.  It was exceptional.  We had the lamb and asked if we could have a double portion of the chops instead of the lamb pieces which they gave us.  So good hubby wants to go again another night.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

We went to the Solarium Bistro for dinner last night.  It was exceptional.  We had the lamb and asked if we could have a double portion of the chops instead of the lamb pieces which they gave us.  So good hubby wants to go again another night.

This.  The lamb entree in the Solarium Bistro on our December Oasis cruise was so good I had it again the following night.  And then my wife got it a couple nights later.

32 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

We had a reservation for solarium bistro and received a phone call this morning they are closing due to technical difficulties.  I said you mean covid and he said Yes.

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a reservation for solarium bistro and received a phone call this morning they are closing due to technical difficulties.  I said you mean covid and he said Yes.

Wonder now if everyone that dined there the night before is now be quarantined for being a close contact?

FYI, for those that may know him, Ronald is back on the Anthem. A 23 year veteran of RCCL and is working in Jaime's. He started his contract this week and boarded Anthem on Sunday. He did his quarantine for two weeks in a NYC hotel and before that two weeks in a hotel on Florida.

10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Explanation:  Closing because of covid merely means that they are short staffed.  That doesn't mean that someone with an active case of covid was working in that venue.

Don't think anyone knows for sure at our level  where the active case of the covid was in that area, Could just as well have been a waiter or a dish washer...... no one knows  on here to say one way or the other. If they are short staffed in that area and it is because of covid, then that means to me somewhere had covid. That's my opinion............if you want  that to mean short staffed that's okay too, but why are they short staffed? Covid?

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

Five ships docked in St Maarten today. The Anthem plus the Enchantment, NCL Gem, Celebrity Edge and Crystal Serenity. Also, Jewel of the seas is anchored off shore. Locals said this is the most ships docked since they reopened.

IMG_20220113_132818376.jpg

Great for local economy!

5 hours ago, toad455 said:

The Solarium Bistro is typically empty anyways on a full ship for dinner. I was surprised to see it would be open for this cruise. No loss for it being shutdown.

Which is likely to be the reason that shut. Use those crew to fill in at other kitchens which my be short staffed. 
Also, it kind of cute how some bicker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toad455 said:

FYI, Jewel is docked next to us currently and I don't think it's being used as a quarantine ship. Lots of crew up and out on the outside decks. Possibly moving negative crew onto the Anthem?

I saw that and wondered the same but there were several in balcony cabins on Jewel that were shouting out to other crew on Anthem how they were in quarantine from other ships.

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Don't think anyone knows for sure at our level  where the active case of the covid was in that area, Could just as well have been a waiter or a dish washer...... no one knows  on here to say one way or the other. If they are short staffed in that area and it is because of covid, then that means to me somewhere had covid. That's my opinion............if you want  that to mean short staffed that's okay too, but why are they short staffed? Covid?

After they called about cancelling our solarium bistro dinner reservation someone else called and offered 40% off any speciality restaurant.  Maybe they are simply trying to make money in speciality restaurants since they havent been crowded with there only being about 1600 passengers onboard.

We had an excellent day in St. Maarten.  Just pulled out of port and headed to Antigua with 8 am arrival.  Beautiful evening.

We are exhausted and enjoying cocktails on our balcony this evening.  Ready for bed soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1