How many cruises have you been cancelled on?

twinklles

Just one, Princess Norwegian fjords cruise summer 2020. We actually cancelled before Princess as we could see the cruise was impossible with Norway closing ports, and we did not want to wait until final payment (right after final payment was due, Princess cancelled.)

1 hour ago, twinklles said:

Cancelled so far:

Seaborn—Miami to Lisbon March 2020
Crystal—New England October 2020
Silversea—Iceland circumnavigation July 2021
Crystal—London to New York Sept 2021
Regent—Miami to Lisbon January 2022

FIVE or SIX...! But, hey, wHO'S COUNTING ! :(( Had our first one this Sept, on the MG (Boy !! Felt SO good to be 'At Sea' !!! Got paid for this coming Aug, a TEN day, HOPEFULLY (keeping fingers,eyes crossed) and the creek don't rise we'll get on that one to ! .:)

Mac

P.S. I'd LOVE to go on on this March (our anniversary) BUT she's undecided) Oh well, COME ON August !!

2 hours ago, twinklles said:

Cancelled so far:

Just one,December 2020 Anthem NJ to the Caribbean

We normally cruise the third week of January to celebrate our anniversary.

This year is #55 and we would have loved to be on a cruise

Celebrity Caribbean March 2020

Carnival NYC to Dover June 2020

Queen Mary 2 Southampton to NYC June 2020

Carnival Western Caribbean January 2021

Windstar Costa Rica to Tahiti September 2021

We did manage a Crystal to the Bahamas July 2021.  
EM

Just three so far:

• Grand Princess, California Coastal, March 2020 (holding quarantined crew off the coast of California at the time, so its cancellation was understandable)
  • Carnival Horizon, Southern Caribbean, November 2020 (victim of worldwide no-sail orders)
  • Norwegian Gem, Eastern Caribbean, September 2021 (NCL decided they really wanted to sail in Alaska and they needed the crew from this ship to make it happen)

Two charters in February and March are at risk (IMHO).

22 hours ago, twinklles said:

Cancelled so far:

I admire your can-do spirit ---- but have to ask:  are you still planning to continue booking cruises in the current environment?    I suppose there is no cost if you are given cash refunds, but at some point future cruise credits could reach a concerning level -- particularly given the increasing chance of some bankruptcies which could result in your getting a "haircut".

This is one of those topics where it can sound like posters are being boastful.  That being said we will bite and say that we have had 3 HAL cruises, 2 Princess cruises, and 1 MSC cruise cancelled due to COVID.  Those cruises totally over 175 days on ships :(.  In addition we cancelled 1 Oceania cruise because that cruise line completely revamped the itinerary of the booked cruise to the extent that they moved the disembarkation port to a different country located nearly 1500 miles from the original disembarkation port (and they did this 3 weeks before the cruise).

In the case of HAL we have continued to roll over the relatively small deposit to a future cruise.  In all other cases we insisted (and received) full refunds or every penny that had been paid/deposited.  Since we do not purchase trip insurance we had no issues with insurance companies so have been made completely whole through the refunds.   We continue to recommend that folks opt for refunds (as opposed to future cruise credits) since FCCs often come with restrictions and could very well become worthless in the case of a bankruptcy.  And before folks poo poo the idea of cruise line bankruptcy we have had two cruise lines (Regency and Renaissance) go bankrupt with our money (ultimately recovered through AMEX chargebacks.  If we had had FCCs on either of those lines that money would have been lost forever since it could not have been recovered through the bankruptcy process.

Hank

6 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I admire your can-do spirit ---- but have to ask:  are you still planning to continue booking cruises in the current environment?   

We haven't booked any other cruise since the last cancellation on January 4.  After the last cancellation, we booked a trip to New York (Bizzare, I agree, but I have always wanted to go to one of Thomas Keller's restaurants) and then to Miami and Jacksonville, and then we are heading to Key West.  Since we were vaccinated, we managed to travel 117 days.  Hit four continents, seven countries, seven states, and lots of cities (and one cruise--Galapagos on Silversea).  After all of that, the best place to go has been FLORIDA.  So having been so repeatedly disappointed, we are going where life is normal:  FLORIDA.

However, that being said, I am seriously thinking about booking Antarctica in November.  But that one is particularly pricy and like you say I don't want to be caught holding the bag, when Crystal Cruises disappears.

April 2020 -- HAL Circumnavigation of Japan

Sept 2020 -- Celebrity Med back-to-back cruises

January 2021 -- HAL South America and Antarctica

May 2021 -- Hurtigruten N. Atlantic and Greenland

Sept 2021 -- Celebrity Med BTB  (rebooked from 2020)

January 2022 -- HAL South America and Antarctica (rebooked from 2021)

Plus 2 cruises that I canceled. And one actually taken: Celebrity Millennium to Alaska in August 2021.

I've had 4 canceled so far with Royal.

Radiance Aug.2020 - Alaska, rebooked same ship for Alaska 2023

Odyssey Feb.2021 - Caribbean with double private location stop. Credit moved to new sailing.

Adventure Aug.2021 - Baltic, rebooked onto Jewel Baltic... that also got canceled.

Jewel Aug.2021 - Baltic. Rebooked for a third time Voyager Baltic 2022. Hopefully.

The cancellation of our flight to Europe prompted us to cancel the early spring  2021 cruise. I'm not sure if the cruise ever happened.  If it did, it was without us. So I guess that technically we have had zero cancelled on us.   

Edited by ldubs

• 4 weeks later...

With the demise of Crystal, it might be awhile before I am ready to handover 10s of Thousands of Dollars to a cruise line.  I got lucky and never lost any money.  But I have a good friend who had paid for a 24 day cruise on Crystal.  He booked the cheap seats, but still, I have to assume that was at least $40,000.  He is not that affluent, so it was probably the so-called trip of a lifetime.  I haven't called him because I don't want to embarrass him.