renewal of wedding vows

bandmp

Planning Princess cruise in August, and need info about wedding vow renewal.  Is this done as a group (multiple couples) or could it be arranged as private?

What is involved in planning?   Would appreciate any information.

On Feb 14 each year, I believe that there is a renewal of wedding vows on every Princess ship in the fleet conducted by the Captain in the atrium for all who wish to participate. We have personal experience on one occasion aboard Golden Princess enroute to Hawaii from San Pedro some years ago.

9 minutes ago, bandmp said:

Planning Princess cruise in August, and need info about wedding vow renewal.  Is this done as a group (multiple couples) or could it be arranged as private?

What is involved in planning?   Would appreciate any information.

We held a Wedding on the Emerald Princess 10 years ago.  It was a private wedding in the Chapel conducted by the Captain.  We worked with the Princess Reps to schedule everything from pianist, flowers, and a room for a reception that included spread of food, cake, open bar, and music.  It was a great event and would recommend it highly!! 

Pre-Covid you use to be able to book a private vow renewal through Cruise Personalizer under onboard services- celebration packages. This is no longer listed as an option.   Perhaps another thing that’s been suspended during Covid? 

you may want to call Princess and see if you can arrange it through the reps. 

Edited by Shelly97060

• 1 month later...

It looks like the vow renewals are available again in the cruise personalizer under Onboard Services > Celebration Packages. I just booked the deluxe vow renewal package for our April 4 cruise on the Grand. I would like some of the same information. I will be calling Princess tomorrow, but would like any feedback from anyone that has done the vow renewal such as:

Is this private or a group?
What time of day does the ceremony typically take place?
What does "personalized ceremony" mean?
Can one person use both spa treatments?
We have tours scheduled in all ports. Do we get to pick which port to visit the bridge?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, vikkiw said:

It looks like the vow renewals are available again in the cruise personalizer under Onboard Services > Celebration Packages. I just booked the deluxe vow renewal package for our April 4 cruise on the Grand. I would like some of the same information. I will be calling Princess tomorrow, but would like any feedback from anyone that has done the vow renewal such as:

Is this private or a group?
What time of day does the ceremony typically take place?
What does "personalized ceremony" mean?
Can one person use both spa treatments?
We have tours scheduled in all ports. Do we get to pick which port to visit the bridge?

Thanks!

This is a private ceremony, as you pay for it.

Time of day varies, depending on the Captain.

Personalized means that if you have some certain vows that you want inserted you can, and that it is for you, as opposed to a group renewal.

It's supposed to be a couples massage, but they may let one person use both.

The scheduling of which port for the bridge tour is usually up to the Captain as well.

• Thanks 1

We had ours in the wedding Chapel aboard Royal Princess in 2016. The Captain performed it and the whole event from the planning through to the photo shoot around the ship including the bridge was brilliant.

It was just us two with a few senior guest relations members and the Captain.

Whilst the cost of the ceremony was great value the price for the video and photos was astronomic! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We did the vow renewal several years ago.  It was a surprise for DW.  I went for the standard private renewal and the only drawback was the videographer and the photographer.  After the ceremony conducted by the Captain in the wedding chapel we were kind of 'hijacked' for romantic photo opportunities at several locations on the ship.  It was well worth the price of the ceremony, but as @Esprit wrote, the photo packages were extremely costly.  We skipped the photo packages and got a montage video on a USB stick instead.  A word of caution:  If you plan for it to be a surprise, look for a letter confirming the purchase of the Vow Renewal package with instructions for arranging the ceremony which is left for you on your cabin desk.  DW picked up that letter first and I had to grab it away quickly or the surprise would have been ruined. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, vikkiw said:

It looks like the vow renewals are available again in the cruise personalizer under Onboard Services > Celebration Packages. I just booked the deluxe vow renewal package

Is deluxe more effective?

A long time ago, I was in the audience of the "Not so Newlywed Game" on some princes ship...

"ladies ... what's the number 1 thing that your husband does to annoy you?"

An answer: "Breath."

I'm thinking that couple really need the deluxe renewal...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Is deluxe more effective?

We wanted to do a renewal for our 10th anniversary, and were going to do so on a cruise in 2020, but COVID created other plans for us. So, we are doing it for our 12th.

The difference that made us go with the deluxe is a visit to the bridge and spa treatments.

10 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

"ladies ... what's the number 1 thing that your husband does to annoy you?"

An answer: "Breath."

LOL! Unlike them, I think the vow renewal is one reason that we don't "need" a vow renewal, rather want to share our happiness.

• Like 2