Carnival Email - SAILINGS DEPARTING AS OF APRIL 2022

pnwredhead

3 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Had there previously been a end date for the enhanced protocols? The email kind of surprised me, because I assumed they already were operating with enhanced safety protocols until further notice.

The CDC's conditional sail order ended and many people were asking about the protocols moving forward, which is probably what prompted the announcement. Currently on the Carnival Pride and tempted to book another now that I know the restrictions are staying in place. It has been a fantastic experience and it has felt very safe. Vaccinations keep the cruises as vacations instead of turning them into floating hospitals. 

Edited by Doggielover68
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, riffatsea said:

Princess has been doing only vaccinated cruises and so I am VERY happy that Carnival is now doing the same!!

I would not sail on any ship that allowed any large number of non vaccinated people on board

Carnival has been operating vaccinated cruises, also.  Less than 5% onboard are unvaxxed. That followed CDC quidelines for fully vaccinated cruises. The exceptions were for children too young to get the shot and exemptions for those who medically were excused.  Either way, those guests made up less than 5% on any sailing.    

• Like 2

I'm cancelling both of the ones I have booked (January 2023 and December 2023).  I'm going to take advantage of their offer.  I didn't really want to cruise in the month of January...I only chose that because it was as far out as I could rebook while taking my airfare credit into consideration.  Now, the airline extended the expiration date of the credit so I can use it for something else.  In addition I'm planning to moving out of this hellhole state this year so depending on timing of that, it could be a lot to manage.  If and when things change in the future I can always rebook down the road.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Carnival has been operating vaccinated cruises, also.  Less than 5% onboard are unvaxxed. That followed CDC quidelines for fully vaccinated cruises. The exceptions were for children too young to get the shot and exemptions for those who medically were excused.  Either way, those guests made up less than 5% on any sailing.    

On this board there are lots of questions about exemptions

On the Princess board there are no similar discussions because there are NO exemptions

No vaccine= no cruise

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

On this board there are lots of questions about exemptions

On the Princess board there are no similar discussions because there are NO exemptions

No vaccine= no cruise

Just curious....are any young children allowed to cruise on Princess at this time? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Just curious....are any young children allowed to cruise on Princess at this time? 

Unless they are vaccinated the answer is no

Before there were vaccines available for school age children families had their cruises cancelled by Princess 

It is true that Carnival caters more to families with young children 

That's probably why they allowed some exemptions

Since NOONE is allowed on Princess without being completely vaccinated there can be no young children on board

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Unless they are vaccinated the answer is no

Before there were vaccines available for school age children families had their cruises cancelled by Princess 

It is true that Carnival caters more to families with young children 

That's probably why they allowed some exemptions

Since NOONE is allowed on Princess without being completely vaccinated there can be no young children on board

Thanks for the info.  We have a Princess cruise booked later this year and are glad to see that unvaxxed aren't allowed.  We don't travel with young ones, so we are flexible.  Of course, Omicron doesn't seem to follow the rules.  Hopefully, we can move on soon.    

• Like 3

On 1/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, pnwredhead said:

I'm sure we all got this email, but I am wondering if we are all understanding it the same way. 

It sounds like Carnival will not be going back to non-vaxxed cruising. Is that how you read it?

And why did I get 7 copies of the same email?

Just trying to make plans for the cruises I have booked with non-vaxxed people later this year. I'm not sure if I should suggest we push it out another year so they don't lose their OBC for the last canceled cruise or if they should call it a wash. 

Thanks for your thoughts on this. 🙂 

pdf.pdf 481.33 kB · 87 downloads

@Buffettfan 225 I don't know how to post the letter. This copy of the April letter is almost identical to the Feb./Mar. letter. Hope this is close enough to what you're asking for. I really think the testing will ease up by Feb. with (hopefully) Omicron surge on the wane by next month.

On 1/21/2022 at 12:50 PM, pnwredhead said:

I'm sure we all got this email, but I am wondering if we are all understanding it the same way. 

It sounds like Carnival will not be going back to non-vaxxed cruising. Is that how you read it?

And why did I get 7 copies of the same email?

Just trying to make plans for the cruises I have booked with non-vaxxed people later this year. I'm not sure if I should suggest we push it out another year so they don't lose their OBC for the last canceled cruise or if they should call it a wash. 

Thanks for your thoughts on this. 🙂 

pdf.pdf 481.33 kB · 95 downloads

I don't have any inside information, but I understood the letter to say that you have until Feb.15th to cancel your post April 22, 2022 cruises if you aren't going to comply with their vaccination requirements.  That will include a booster fairly soon according to the wording on Carnival's website. It sounds like the days of moving cruises without penalty are going to be over.  If your non-vaxxed members aren't going to get the shot before the cruise they stand to loose whatever funds are already paid on the cruise.  It might be a big gamble to move it out a year thinking that vaccine requirements will be removed.    

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 8:39 PM, Cruzmomma77 said:

I didn’t get one copy of the email and I am signed up to receive all info from them - for years, and I hardly get anything. 

I didn't get an email either for my March cruise😕!

17 minutes ago, alrose251 said:

I didn't get an email either for my March cruise😕!

It is only for cruises departing after April 2022.  It is for the new protocols just announced for future cruises.  The prior announcements covered cruises through March 31st. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alrose251 said:

Nope, my sister got an email and she is on the same cruise as me.

I think I understand.  You should have received a letter for the prior protocols (Feb and Mar) cruises, but didn't.  I have the same problem.  I booked the cruises with my e-mail offers and get the booking e-mail but only my husband receives e-mails for that booking's check in and cruise planner info.  Go figure.  🤪 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

I don't have any inside information, but I understood the letter to say that you have until Feb.15th to cancel your post April 22, 2022 cruises if you aren't going to comply with their vaccination requirements.  That will include a booster fairly soon according to the wording on Carnival's website. It sounds like the days of moving cruises without penalty are going to be over.  If your non-vaxxed members aren't going to get the shot before the cruise they stand to loose whatever funds are already paid on the cruise.  It might be a big gamble to move it out a year thinking that vaccine requirements will be removed.    

I think most people would have a problem with them changing the requirements after booking and not getting a full refund option. That would be like suddenly saying no one under 65 can cruise and by the way, thanks for your non refundable payments everyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

I think most people would have a problem with them changing the requirements after booking and not getting a full refund option. That would be like suddenly saying no one under 65 can cruise and by the way, thanks for your non refundable payments everyone.

I believe they are allowing a full refund for ALL future booked cruises because of the indefinite new protocols.  When you book from now on, you will be held to those protocols.  Basically you are giving up your right to cancel when they tweak future protocols, particularly vaccine requirements.  I doubt they could tighten testing beyond 2 days and you are supposed to wear a mask at all times indoors unless actively eating and drinking.  You have to follow their quarantine protocols which are excessive.  What more could they require?  You basically have a get out of jail free card until Feb. 15th.  After that you need to book with eyes wide open.  I don't really blame Carnival, they can't keep having these booking swings every time something changes.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I think I understand.  You should have received a letter for the prior protocols (Feb and Mar) cruises, but didn't.  I have the same problem.  I booked the cruises with my e-mail offers and get the booking e-mail but only my husband receives e-mails for that booking's check in and cruise planner info.  Go figure.  🤪 

Everything is under my name.  I get emails from Carnival, so I am not sure why I didn't get this one🤷‍♂️.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 5:35 AM, riffatsea said:

Princess has been doing only vaccinated cruises and so I am VERY happy that Carnival is now doing the same!!

I would not sail on any ship that allowed any large number of non vaccinated people on board

I'm not happy, ppl with kids also need some cruising options 🤕

On 1/22/2022 at 3:44 PM, JerseyGirlJen said:

I'm cancelling both of the ones I have booked (January 2023 and December 2023).  I'm going to take advantage of their offer.  I didn't really want to cruise in the month of January...I only chose that because it was as far out as I could rebook while taking my airfare credit into consideration.  Now, the airline extended the expiration date of the credit so I can use it for something else.  In addition I'm planning to moving out of this hellhole state this year so depending on timing of that, it could be a lot to manage.  If and when things change in the future I can always rebook down the road.  

Did this work for you?  Were you able to cancel any/all cruises April and beyond?