Anyone done navigator lately?

colesc15

There's been a few threads on the Navigator.  She is currently on her 7-night Mexican Riviera sailing...guessing she's in Puerto Vallarta today.

We were recently on the NYE sailing.  Weather was cold and windy the first couple of days out of L.A. and the last couple days coming back to L.A...warmer weather in Cabo and Mazatlan.  We weren't allowed to disembark in Puerto Vallarta...the Captain announced that .47% (less than half a percent) tested positive for covid.  That day became a "sea day".

The cruise was wonderful...outstanding service and crew.  I'm sure someone currently sailing will post soon.  But if you have questions regarding the Navigator or the ports...let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

There's been a few threads on the Navigator.  She is currently on her 7-night Mexican Riviera sailing...guessing she's in Puerto Vallarta today.

We were recently on the NYE sailing.  Weather was cold and windy the first couple of days out of L.A. and the last couple days coming back to L.A...warmer weather in Cabo and Mazatlan.  We weren't allowed to disembark in Puerto Vallarta...the Captain announced that .47% (less than half a percent) tested positive for covid.  That day became a "sea day".

The cruise was wonderful...outstanding service and crew.  I'm sure someone currently sailing will post soon.  But if you have questions regarding the Navigator or the ports...let me know.

We booked for next February so I sure hope tnt covid junk is sailed by then 🙂

I'm on Navigator right now.  Temps this week have been mostly colder than a Caribbean cruise... overcast days are chillier than sunny ones. 

First two days (boarding day and sea day) were brisk -- most of us in the Solarium were covered up with pool towels on the loungers.  Two sea days on the way back are supposed to be nice, according to what Captain James said tonight.

None of the ports refused us entry this week.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, driftychick said:

stion, is the Navigator Windjammer self serve or are they serving you?

They served us..took some getting used to as you can't touch "anything"...other than a very few items that were already plated.

On 1/21/2022 at 2:04 PM, bonsai3s said:

Weather was cold and windy the first couple of days out of L.A. and the last couple days coming back to L.A...warmer weather in Cabo and Mazatlan. 

I have sailed this itinerary many times during different months of the year, and for some reason that last sea day headed back to LA is always cool and windy. I always pack pants and sweatshirts/sweaters even in the summer.  Cabo (my fav) is normally sunny and in the 70s-80s depending on when you go. The hot rainy season is July/August. It gets hotter and more humid as you sail south.  I will be on the Navigator in February as well. Be prepared for cool, perhaps rainy weather in LA. 

On 1/26/2022 at 5:01 PM, HBCcruiser said:

I have sailed this itinerary many times during different months of the year, and for some reason that last sea day headed back to LA is always cool and windy. I always pack pants and sweatshirts/sweaters even in the summer.  Cabo (my fav) is normally sunny and in the 70s-80s depending on when you go. The hot rainy season is July/August. It gets hotter and more humid as you sail south.  I will be on the Navigator in February as well. Be prepared for cool, perhaps rainy weather in LA. 

What would march be like?  Warm enough to sit by pool?  Looking at 3 night so wouldn't go that far south

15 minutes ago, MomtoCCC said:

What would march be like?  Warm enough to sit by pool?  Looking at 3 night so wouldn't go that far south

In LA probably not. March can be cool (60's) and sometimes rainy too. It does not get hotter (70s+) here until May. HOWEVER, if we get Santa Ana winds (warm winds), then the weather will be nice! Unfortunately you never know when that will happen. This weekend, for example, the temps will be in the low 70s and sunny due to the Santa Ana conditions. Ensenada is usually a little warmer than LA. The average temp for Ensenada in March is in the 70's. My suggestion is to keep checking the weather. Bring a suit, though, for the hot tubs anyway! Plus if there are no winds the sun feels hotter. You will want long pants and a sweater for that sea day. Heading back to LA can be windy and cool. We are on the 3-day this February 18th. I'll keep you updated. 

Edited by HBCcruiser