$46,439 per person for a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise has to be a typo, right?

LivingVicariously

6 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Yet, if in The Iconic Suite you would not have to deal with us... LOL

Everything would be catered en-suite and as such one would never have to leave TIS, except to dis-embark.

bon voyage

Good point.

So I look at it again and X only provides free laundry 2 times per cruise.  🤯 

Heck, for that price they should be laundering my gold embossed Versace silk boxers 2 times a day! 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

I'm not against splurging now and again but I don't think I could sleep well in a room that cost this much.  Would be more of an adventure to save it to do a world cruise when you had time.

RCL has one coming up, I think it is like 270+ days

9 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

My words almost exactly....I HAD written 'chump' change but decided it may be disrespecful....changed to 'loose'...however, these days, no one carries change or paper $ anymore.

My accountant refers to it as "lint".

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

A very nice room. Sister-in-law had a RS a couple of doors down from our PH on the Constellation. She kept showing up at our door for ice. We went with the EV on the Beyond because RS and PH on Deck 12 are under the overhang.

Seems like all the suite balconies on the Edge class are smaller than celebrity other classes, we are definitely looking forward to summit’s royal suite we did similar royal suite on sister ship infinity two years ago , right before Covid came out. Did really like the extra bathroom in penthouse and master bathroom  was super nice . 

12 minutes ago, George C said:

Seems like all the suite balconies on the Edge class are smaller than celebrity other classes, we are definitely looking forward to summit’s royal suite we did similar royal suite on sister ship infinity two years ago , right before Covid came out. Did really like the extra bathroom in penthouse and master bathroom  was super nice . 

The balconies on Edge Villa, PH and RS truly look very small and narrow.  Magic Carpet balconies and aft/sunset are all larger.  While E class ships are stunning, this was a big miss IMHO.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

The balconies on Edge Villa, PH and RS truly look very small and narrow.  Magic Carpet balconies and aft/sunset are all larger.  While E class ships are stunning, this was a big miss IMHO.

But in my opinion the narrow balconies are one of the few negatives on Edge class , really looking forward to my aft balcony on new beyond which has a very large balcony for a aft sky suite. 

27 minutes ago, George C said:

We have friends who stayed in the EDGE PH and they LOVED the suite, though were highly disappointed with the balcony.  That said, they did say just for the suite itself and the amenities, they'd stay there again.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

But in my opinion the narrow balconies are one of the few negatives on Edge class , really looking forward to my aft balcony on new beyond which has a very large balcony for a aft sky suite. 

Agree totally, EDGE is overall an 8+ IMO

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Good point.

So I look at it again and X only provides free laundry 2 times per cruise.  🤯 

Heck, for that price they should be laundering my gold embossed Versace silk boxers 2 times a day! 

LOL - I Am sure that one of the personal Butlers assigned to your cabin will be able to hand wash them for you... and hang them to dry so there is no need to send them out for possible damage in the process.

Not to worry about that, for sure.

bon voyage

44 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

LOL - I Am sure that one of the personal Butlers assigned to your cabin will be able to hand wash them for you... and hang them to dry so there is no need to send them out for possible damage in the process.

Not to worry about that, for sure.

bon voyage

Only one of them????

😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

there is no need to send them out for possible damage in the process.

" Slightly " Off topic:

Reminds me of the time I bought 5 Lacoste golf shirts in Grand Cayman for $25 US .

I knew they were genuine because the Made in France tag was spelled correctly and the guy selling them " looked " like a nice guy. He also offered to sell me a Rolex watch for $ 225 , but, when I said " $ 225 for a watch ?? Are you nuts ??" , he said " Ok, $ 75 " --  Talk about a " nice " guy !

Today, the shirts are great for washing the car and the watch turns my wrist green and is stuck on 1:14.

• Haha 3

I am not sure about the question of the topic.

But I wanted to add to the topic of luxury suites cost.

We are booked into Penthouse Suite on the Edge right now for 10 nights in Europe. But we are paying only the price of the Sky Suite on the Infinity for 8 days :)))

I guess there was some error on Celebrity web-site at the time I booked Infinity Penthouse suite for an amount just smidge higher than the cost of the Sky Suite. I am positive it was! I could not believe my eyes when I saw the price, and I was sure it would not work if I try to book it. But it actually worked! It is a non-refundable deposit deal - which I normally never do. But for THIS price - for THIS room - I didn't hesitate :)))) 

When the Infinity got cancelled out of Europe, we were able to rebook to the Edge instead - for the same price. And Celebrity did follow their pledge and gave us the only Penthouse Suite which was left at the moment on the Edge. We will see if all this is going to happen - with all the financial troubles etc. I hope it will, as this would be the only chance for us to be in this type of a room :))))) I would never consider to book something like this for a "normal" price they charge.

The Edge suite has two bedrooms, and we are only two of us. I asked how much would it cost to add extra people. But was told that the price would go to a normal level if I do. So here we are - booked at the luxury suite :)))) And if the cruise will actually happen, people also would think of us as some crazy reach people :)))))

We are lucky to celebrate my birthday and my husband retirement on this cruise. So if all this happens - we are going to be pretty lucky people indeed!

Edited by JoieNsk
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

I am not sure about the question of the topic.

But I wanted to add to the topic of luxury suites cost.

We are booked into Penthouse Suite on the Edge right now for 10 nights in Europe. But we are paying only the price of the Sky Suite on the Infinity for 8 days :)))

I guess there was some error on Celebrity web-site at the time I booked Infinity Penthouse suite for an amount just smidge higher than the cost of the Sky Suite. I am positive it was! I could not believe my eyes when I saw the price, and I was sure it would not work if I try to book it. But it actually worked! It is a non-refundable deposit deal - which I normally never do. But for THIS price - for THIS room - I didn't hesitate :)))) 

When the Infinity got cancelled out of the Europe, we were able to rebook to the Edge instead - for the same price. And Celebrity did follow their pledge and gave us the only Penthouse Suite which was left at the moment on the Edge. We will see if all this is going to happen - with all the financial troubles etc. I hope it will, as this would be the only chance for us to be in this type of a room :))))) I would never consider to book something like this for a "normal" price they charge.

The Edge suite has two bedrooms, and we are only two of us. I asked how much would it cost to add extra people. But was told that the price would go to a normal level if I do. So here we are - booked at the luxury suite :)))) And if the cruise will actually happen, people also would think of us as some crazy reach people :)))))

Go for it...

Have fun and let us know how it was upon your return.

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

" Slightly " Off topic:

Reminds me of the time I bought 5 Lacoste golf shirts in Grand Cayman for $25 US .

I knew they were genuine because the Made in France tag was spelled correctly and the guy selling them " looked " like a nice guy. He also offered to sell me a Rolex watch for $ 225 , but, when I said " $ 225 for a watch ?? Are you nuts ??" , he said " Ok, $ 75 " --  Talk about a " nice " guy !

Today, the shirts are great for washing the car and the watch turns my wrist green and is stuck on 1:14.

I would return them and ask for replacements or refunds... LOL

bon voyage

20 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Wife asked if there was a cabin with a piano. Happy wife, happy life. She brought sheet music for our second sailing. PH circa 2016. I never told her what it cost. 

DSC01443.JPG

In my house the wife pays the credit card bills. And regardless of how "nice" the  room is, wouldn't be happy paying Celebrity suite prices. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

Wife asked if there was a cabin with a piano. Happy wife, happy life. She brought sheet music for our second sailing. PH circa 2016. I never told her what it cost. 

DSC01443.JPG

To this day (nearly 20 years later) DW still doesn't know what our 3 week honeymoon in Europe cost. But knowing our attitude towards finances, I knew it was going to be a long time before we splurged on travel so I don't regret a dime of what we spent. 😄

• Like 1

On 1/22/2022 at 11:19 PM, LivingVicariously said:

I am a weird person who gets a kick out of virtually planning trips that they are unable to afford and will never be able to actually go on. Tonight's virtual planning has brought me to looking at itineraries for the Celebrity Beyond because I have loved learning about cruise ships from Captain Kate McCue (and Bug!). I very arbitrarily selected the 9-night Southern Caribbean itinerary (Oct 26 - Nov 04, 2022) and while I recognize the Retreat is a luxury suite type of situation, the $46,439 per person cost has to be a typo, right? I was so floored by this that I checked it on my phone, too, just in case my laptop was being weird or something. I don't know why I care about this enough to post about it on the internet, but here we are. If it is a typo - yikes. If it isn't a typo - do you get to... own the room at the end of the 9 days?

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 10.51.59 PM.png

The Retreat area looks  small, and has stairs between levels.  Hope there's an ekevator.  Is there a  Retreat  pool inder the bubble?  Interesting!

That price is way BEYOND our means ( says pp..even worse), but we did book a short cruise in lowest price suite....just for the experience and to hopefully use up our fcc .