$46,439 per person for a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise has to be a typo, right?

LivingVicariously

I am a weird person who gets a kick out of virtually planning trips that they are unable to afford and will never be able to actually go on. Tonight's virtual planning has brought me to looking at itineraries for the Celebrity Beyond because I have loved learning about cruise ships from Captain Kate McCue (and Bug!). I very arbitrarily selected the 9-night Southern Caribbean itinerary (Oct 26 - Nov 04, 2022) and while I recognize the Retreat is a luxury suite type of situation, the $46,439 per person cost has to be a typo, right? I was so floored by this that I checked it on my phone, too, just in case my laptop was being weird or something. I don't know why I care about this enough to post about it on the internet, but here we are. If it is a typo - yikes. If it isn't a typo - do you get to... own the room at the end of the 9 days?

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 10.51.59 PM.png

That is not an error. Brand new ship to the US. on a unique itinerary. The Iconic Suite is the only suite available. It’s similarly priced to what the Edge Iconic Suite sold for during her inaugural Caribbean sailings. For double occupancy It’s selling for around 85k for holiday sailings and 50-55k for a routine 7 nighter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Worth it?  Many people will say "Definitely worth it!  All drinks are included!"

This things confusses people all the time. Just think of how many drinks you can really drink - you wont drink it all.. and the ones you will drink wont cost the price you pay for the "all drinks included". What if you are not a drinker in the first place? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Worth it?  Many people will say "Definitely worth it!  All drinks are included!"

LOL 

For that price I could rent my own yacht and not have to deal with the common wretched 99 percenters ......  like me! 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I also looked at this cruise because It repositions Beyond from New Jersey to Ft Lauderdale. 

We had our first suite on our last cruise.  Sky Suite.

WOW!

Nothing, nada, just Iconic Suite for this ridiculous price?

Sorry, I don't care.

Anything above the Sky suite is overkill for us.  After all, you get all the suite perks-Retreat, Luminae, etc. 

How much time do spend in your cabin?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

That is not an error. Brand new ship to the US. on a unique itinerary. The Iconic Suite is the only suite available. It’s similarly priced to what the Edge Iconic Suite sold for during her inaugural Caribbean sailings. For double occupancy It’s selling for around 85k for holiday sailings and 50-55k for a routine 7 nighter. 

1 minute ago, TeeRick said:

The mistake would be to think that there are no people out there that would pay this amount.  There are.

WOW. You learn something new every day I guess. Unsurprisingly then, I will continue to embody the spirit of my username and stick with following Captain Kate McCue and Bug from afar!

31 minutes ago, Calico Jack Sparrow said:

How much time do spend in your cabin?

It’s a much different experience (and expectations) in a Sky Suite compared to 1,200sq ft, your own sundeck, multiple staff and a rep from Celebrity looking after every detail. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

It’s a much different experience (and expectations) in a Sky Suite compared to 1,200sq ft, your own sundeck, multiple staff and a rep from Celebrity looking after every detail. 

and if one can afford it, cest la vie

• Like 2

Actually, it is for The Iconic Suite and, IMO, not a mistake....

OP needs to consider looking at other Edge Class ships and price out The Iconic Suite on them as well for comparison.

The price showing is the "advertised" price for it.

Many of us had sticker shock when pricing it out and many of us said 'no one will pay that for this... etc.', on The Edge sailing we took a few years ago, I was fortunate to have met two (2) passengers who did pay that for a Thanksgiving sailing in the Western Caribbean.

There are a few 'potential' passengers looking at the Iconic Suite on X's 52 day sailing... of course there is only one (1) left so let the fight begin...

Yes, it is possibly a "dream accommodation" for the vast majority of us here on CC, for now! LOL

bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyDawg said:

LOL 

For that price I could rent my own yacht and not have to deal with the common wretched 99 percenters ......  like me! 😀

Yet, if in The Iconic Suite you would not have to deal with us... LOL

Everything would be catered en-suite and as such one would never have to leave TIS, except to dis-embark.

bon voyage

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Actually, it is for The Iconic Suite and, IMO, not a mistake....

OP needs to consider looking at other Edge Class ships and price out The Iconic Suite on them as well for comparison.

The price showing is the "advertised" price for it.

Many of us had sticker shock when pricing it out and many of us said 'no one will pay that for this... etc.', on The Edge sailing we took a few years ago, I was fortunate to have met two (2) passengers who did pay that for a Thanksgiving sailing in the Western Caribbean.

There are a few 'potential' passengers looking at the Iconic Suite on X's 52 day sailing... of course there is only one (1) left so let the fight begin...

Yes, it is possibly a "dream accommodation" for the vast majority of us here on CC, for now! LOL

bon voyage

Were they in the Iconic Suite, Bo?  If so, did you by chance get to see it?

On the Apex, I was talking to a retreat host and she mentioned that most weeks, more often than not, there is always someone who has booked the Iconic suite(s) at those prices. In her opinion a beautiful suite - amazing - but worth the bucks? She rolled her eyes and gave a wry smile!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Were they in the Iconic Suite, Bo?  If so, did you by chance get to see it?

l - I strongly hinted that I would have enjoyed visiting them to see it and the self-invite was politely declined! LOL

These people were so very low-keyed and un-assuming around me and I understood their desire for privacy and not making any new friends outside of the activity we were involved in.

Are you taking one out on one of the 52 night segments??

bon voyage

• Like 1

I was just about to give my partner an update on this riveting journey and went to pull up the booking in question and the Retreat is no longer available! (Did have a brief moment of panic wondering if I had somehow slept-booked it...) If one of you booked it, please give us a proper review when you return, haha.

12 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I've done as you suggested and now see that Iconic is, indeed, around that price tag. Which is... wow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LivingVicariously said:

I was just about to give my partner an update on this riveting journey and went to pull up the booking in question and the Retreat is no longer available! (Did have a brief moment of panic wondering if I had somehow slept-booked it...) If one of you booked it, please give us a proper review when you return, haha.

I've done as you suggested and now see that Iconic is, indeed, around that price tag. Which is... wow.

l - you can always have your TA wait list you... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, LivingVicariously said:

It lets you click all the way through to payment for a grand total of $54,206 per guest. What a wild error to make!

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 11.32.42 PM.png

Look at the discount.  $15K off.  A true bargain one cannot pass up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3