$46,439 per person for a 9-night Southern Caribbean cruise has to be a typo, right?

LivingVicariously

33 minutes ago, JoieNsk said:

I am not sure about the question of the topic.

But I wanted to add to the topic of luxury suites cost.

We are booked into Penthouse Suite on the Edge right now for 10 nights in Europe. But we are paying only the price of the Sky Suite on the Infinity for 8 days :)))

I guess there was some error on Celebrity web-site at the time I booked Infinity Penthouse suite for an amount just smidge higher than the cost of the Sky Suite. I am positive it was! I could not believe my eyes when I saw the price, and I was sure it would not work if I try to book it. But it actually worked! It is a non-refundable deposit deal - which I normally never do. But for THIS price - for THIS room - I didn't hesitate :)))) 

When the Infinity got cancelled out of Europe, we were able to rebook to the Edge instead - for the same price. And Celebrity did follow their pledge and gave us the only Penthouse Suite which was left at the moment on the Edge. We will see if all this is going to happen - with all the financial troubles etc. I hope it will, as this would be the only chance for us to be in this type of a room :))))) I would never consider to book something like this for a "normal" price they charge.

The Edge suite has two bedrooms, and we are only two of us. I asked how much would it cost to add extra people. But was told that the price would go to a normal level if I do. So here we are - booked at the luxury suite :)))) And if the cruise will actually happen, people also would think of us as some crazy reach people :)))))

We are lucky to celebrate my birthday and my husband retirement on this cruise. So if all this happens - we are going to be pretty lucky people indeed!

Great Deal..ENJOY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I was looking at cabin/suite prices a week ago and found a refundable rate for just 3,800+ more for a sky suite.  I think that was actually a mistake, unlike the Iconic Suite which was the only available suite left.

From what I'm seeing I don't think it was a mistake. The refundable fare for our Alaska cruise in Aug is just $30, whereas our Caribbean cruise in Nov. it's about $3000 USD. I have a feeling that X is intentionally inflating the cost for refundable fares on itineraries where they expect a higher percentage of last minute cancellations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceswithphones said:

DW passed shortly after our second sailing in that PH. Last photo I took of her was on that balcony. 

We don't know what's around the corner for us.....a lesson we should try to enjoy our moments ... happy you have your photos of good times.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Great Deal..ENJOY!

Oh my gosh; you scored such a great deal, one that Celebrity is honoring with Edge.  That is phenominal!  Life is always so unpredictable, so enjoy your double celebration!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

But in my opinion the narrow balconies are one of the few negatives on Edge class , really looking forward to my aft balcony on new beyond which has a very large balcony for a aft sky suite. 

Me too; we have a b2b/TA for Sunset Suite and deck 11!

Thank you, everybody!

It was an amazing deal even on Infinity! 

I hope this all will actually happen - considering how things are nowadays for cruise lines.

But we did several trips already (one of them was a cruise this January on Royal) - which we were expecting to fall apart every moment before we actually had to go. 

And the travel seem to be getting back as we all learn how to live with Covid. So - fingers crossed!

Edited by JoieNsk
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, canderson said:

My accountant refers to it as "lint".

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

and my accountant calls me crazy

I don't have anywhere near enough money to require an accountant...

So, why do I keep reading this thread about suites I'll never be able to afford?

Because the folks here are so darn entertaining, I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

This says it all. DW dropped her carry-on, then her purse, then the cane, and headed straight for the piano. 6147 on the Constellation, circa 2016. 

n.thumb.jpg.4991a396aacad753f62da7648d1d33b3.jpg

Blessed to have such warm memories of your DW!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MamaFej said:

I don't have anywhere near enough money to require an accountant...

So, why do I keep reading this thread about suites I'll never be able to afford?

Because the folks here are so darn entertaining, I guess. 

Nahh, just getting you prepared for your first Iconic Suite booking with/without an accountant helping you to pay for it... LOL

You will think back on these posts and say 'now I know what I need to do...' LOL

bon voyage

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Nahh, just getting you prepared for your first Iconic Suite booking with/without an accountant helping you to pay for it... LOL

You will think back on these posts and say 'now I know what I need to do...' LOL

bon voyage

or just marry a rich trust fund hubby like I did!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

or just marry a rich trust fund hubby like I did!

Nah... my hubby of 30 years is so amazing, that I'm more than willing to forgo suites in order to be with him.

Besides, I don't want to have to start the training process all over again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Nah... my hubby of 30 years is so amazing, that I'm more than willing to forgo suites in order to be with him.

Besides, I don't want to have to start the training process all over again. 

Training can be tedious, so I made it easy and have just one rule he must follow:  I am allowed to live in the lifestyle I would like to become accustomed to.

• Haha 2