Adventure Vs Oasis Opinions wanted please!

landsear

These are the only two ships that work with our parameters. We'll have two kids, 8 & 6. Grandparents are coming too. Adventure is 5 days to Bermuda. Oasis is 7 days to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Perfect Day and Coco Key. 

The Oasis seems a bit obvious, but Adventure is 1k cheaper which is obviously a lot of money!

Any advice on which cruise I should book? Thanks so much! 

Edited by landsear

I've found the shorter cruises are cheaper, so the 5 day will be cheaper on most any ship than a 7 day cruise, though 1k is a lot. Two 5 days are lately can be found b2b for less than a 7 day. I think it's because of the testing issue why shorter cruises cost a lot less.

Oasis is a great ship with more food and things to do but adventure is nice too, just a shorter cruise.

• Like 1

if you are ok to splurge with grandkids, the Oasis schedule is more kid friendly, the ship is more kid friendly, and there will because of the above 2 reasons, more kids on the Oasis.

The Adventure is a great ship for kids.  There is a lot to do in Bermuda for kids.  Another suggestion is to see if there is an inexpensive 4 or 5 day on RCCCL or another cruise line that leaves before or after that Bermuda cruise.  Sometimes those are fun as well.  Not sure when you are going.

• Like 1

We got married while on the Oasis so I obviously love that ship 🙂 However, we've been on Adventure 3x's and it was our very first cruise back when she was new! She's a great ship and we LOVED our last trip on her (although we were under 30% capacity and we got our Royal Up bid for an Owners suite...things that will most likely never happen again lol) That being said, I think the Oasis would be better for the kids with the endless options. Also, I feel 5 days is too short sometimes, especially since we have to fly to the port. I think 8 days are my personal sweet spot. Good luck with your decision-I'm sure it'll be an amazing time on either ship!

From a ship perspective, I’ve been on both and prefer the Oasis class for ship activitIes.  The larger space combined with activities put the Oasis over the Adventurer.  However, both are great for kids and the kid in us.  The indoor gym on the Adventurer is really cool for kids.

Edited by BoomerangThree
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, landsear said:

These are the only two ships that work with our parameters. We'll have two kids, 8 & 6. Grandparents are coming too. Adventure is 5 days to Bermuda. Oasis is 7 days to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Perfect Day and Coco Key. 

The Oasis seems a bit obvious, but Adventure is 1k cheaper which is obviously a lot of money!

Any advice on which cruise I should book? Thanks so much! 

1K more for what?   1,2 or 3 cabins?   What type of cabins?  A week long is going to be more so to be fair, I would compare price per day for the same cabin type.  Then consider your max budget as well.  It may be possible to do Oasis in a slightly cheaper cabin (ex. boardwalk balcony that still offers some ocean view vs ocean view balcony).  If at all possible I would be trying for oasis even if it meant a lower category cabin (as long as I could pick the location and was happy with it).  But that is just me.  

• Like 1

The kids would have a blast at Coco Cay but also look at all the extras you have to pay for when doing your cruise budget.   

Internet for 5 vs 7 days

Tips pp for 5 vs 7 days

If driving and parking at cape liberty, 2 additional days of parking per car.

Bermuda 5 days cruises do go by quick but most itineraries give you 2 days in bermuda and having the overnight option to come and go as you please is nice on that first night.   There is lots to do for kids in Bermuda too. 

Would the kids want to go to disney or universal while in port canaveral?

Would the kids want to do the water park at cococay?  Also additional cost.

Nassau has a great excursion to blue lagoon.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be nice for the entire family.

Another couple questions:

Have you (and specifically the kids) cruised  before with Royal previously? If so, which ships? Ever been to Bermuda?

Is this apt to be a one off or do you think future cruises are likely?

I do love Bermuda and recommend you visit sometime.  Most kids will have a great time on Adventure to Bermuda, but I suspect Some kids (kid specific) who have sailed on Oasis class previously might be disappointed in Adventure.  If you have not sailed RCI before and yet think you will again in the future,  you could book Adventure now and squirrel that $1000 away as a start for the next cruise (perhaps Oasis class) or an alternative vacation if cruising does not suit.

Oasis has more wow factor...but if you don't have a lot of cruise experience, you'll still be wowed by Adventure.

CocoCay > Bermuda > Nassau > Port Canaveral (my opinion)

We're actually weighing a 9-night Adventure vs. the 7-night Oasis with our will-then-be-4-year-old. The extra 2 nights + the better ports on the 9-night trip might outweigh that we like Oasis more than Adventure.

What ports do you prefer?  Bermuda is very different from the Oasis ports.  Which ones have the activities you prefer?  We've done both with our grandkids and their parents and the kids loved them both.  Think about what you and the grandparents would like to do.  The kids will have a ball on either ship.

5 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

Another couple questions:

Have you (and specifically the kids) cruised  before with Royal previously? No! My husband and I have cruised Carnival 5 times, but this will be our first Royal. The kids have never cruised.

If so, which ships?

Ever been to Bermuda?  It's been cancelled every single time I've had it booked. I am fearful of it's karma! LOL 

Is this apt to be a one off or do you think future cruises are likely? Future cruises extremely likely

I do love Bermuda and recommend you visit sometime.  Most kids will have a great time on Adventure to Bermuda, but I suspect Some kids (kid specific) who have sailed on Oasis class previously might be disappointed in Adventure.  If you have not sailed RCI before and yet think you will again in the future,  you could book Adventure now and squirrel that $1000 away as a start for the next cruise (perhaps Oasis class) or an alternative vacation if cruising does not suit.

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is lots to do for kids in Bermuda too. 

What would you suggest? Budget is not the end all be all, but I do know I don't want to pay for theme parks at Port Canaveral and Coco Key. 

Would the kids want to go to disney or universal while in port canaveral?

Would the kids want to do the water park at cococay?  Also additional cost.

Nassau has a great excursion to blue lagoon.

I'm sure whatever you decide will be nice for the entire family.

58 minutes ago, landsear said:

In Bermuda the children and adults can enjoy crystal caves, the bermuda aquarium, snorkeling is available at a beach right near the cruise dock, they could hike up the lighthouse which is really cool and has a fantastic view of the island,  plenty of historic places to explore and plenty of beautiful areas to hike and explore as a family.   the best way to get around on the island is their public bus system - very affordable and efficient as well as their local ferry that goes from cruise dock to Hamilton (center of town) and St. George (other end of the island).    Taxi's tend to be very expensive as gas is very expensive on this island. 

There is a lot to do and see in Bermuda that is very affordable for families.     

there are several family oriented excursions that Royal was offering pre-covid - such as glass bottom boat tour / sightseeing of the island with some history included in the tour.

Bermuda is my family's favorite island and we have been there many times and always find something new and fun to do.   We look forward to cruising there this summer too!